High Purity Ru Shot
|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|(2N) 99% Ruthenium Shot||RU-M-02-SH||Request Quote|
|(3N) 99.9% Ruthenium Shot||RU-M-03-SH||Request Quote|
|(4N) 99.99% Ruthenium Shot||RU-M-04-SH||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Ruthenium Shot||RU-M-05-SH||Request Quote|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Density||Tensile Strength||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Thermal Conductivity||Electrical Resistivity||Eletronegativity||Specific Heat||Heat of Vaporization||Heat of Fusion||MSDS|
|101.07||N/A||12370 kg/m³||N/A||2334°C||4150°C||1.17 W/cm/K @ 298.2 K||7.6 microhm-cm @ 0°C||2.2 Paulings||0.057 Cal/g/K @ 25°C||148 K-cal/gm atom at 3900°C||6.1 Cal/gm mole||Safety Data Sheet|
American Elements specializes in producing high purity uniform shaped Ruthenium Shots with the highest possible density and smallest possible average grain sizes for use in semiconductor, Chemical Vapor Deposition (CVD) and Physical Vapor Deposition (PVD) processes including Thermal and Electron Beam (E-Beam) Evaporation, Low Temperature Organic Evaporation, Atomic Layer Deposition (ALD), Metallic-Organic and Chemical Vapor Deposition (MOCVD). Our standard Slug sizes range from 1/8" x 1/8" to 1/4" x 1/4" and 3 mm diameter. We can also provide Sphere outside this range for ultra high purity thin film applications, such as fuel cells and solar energy layers. Materials are produced using crystallization, solid state and other ultra high purification processes such as sublimation. American Elements specializes in producing custom compositions for commercial and research applications and for new proprietary technologies. American Elements also casts any of the rare earth metals and most other advanced materials into rod, bar, or plate form, as well as other machined shapes and through other processes such as nanoparticles () and in the form of solutions and organometallics. See safety data and research below and pricing/lead time above. We also produce Ruthenium as rod, ingot, powder, pieces, disc, granules, wire, and in compound forms, such as oxide. Other shapes are available by request.
Ruthenium (atomic symbol: Ru, atomic number: 44) is a Block D, Group 8, Period 5 elemen with an atomic weight of 101.07. The number of electrons in each of ruthenium's shells is [2, 8, 18, 15, 1] and its electron configuration is [Kr] 4d7 5s1. The ruthenium atom has a radius of 134 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 207 pm. Ruthenium was discovered by Jedrzej Sniadecki in 1807.It was first recognized as a distinct element by Karl Ernst Claus in 1844. In its elemental form, ruthenium has a silvery white metallic appearance. Ruthenium is a rare transition metal belonging to the platinum group of metals. It is found in pentlandite, pyroxenite, and platinum group metal ores. The name Ruthenium originates from the Latin word "Ruthenia," meaning Russia. For more information on ruthenium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of ruthenium products, visit the Ruthenium element page.
HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Transport Information||UN 3089 4.1/PG 2|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Ruthenium
- C-O cleavage of aromatic oxygenates over ruthenium catalysts. A computational study of reactions at step sites.. Chiu CC, Genest A, Borgna A, Rösch N.. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2015 May 21.
- Ruthenium-106 plaque brachytherapy for uveal melanoma.. Tarmann L, Wackernagel W, Avian A, Mayer C, Schneider M, Winkler P, Langmann G.. Br J Ophthalmol. 2015 May 15.
- Design, synthesis and characterisation of new chimeric ruthenium(ii)-gold(i) complexes as improved cytotoxic agents.. Massai L, Fernández-Gallardo J, Guerri A, Arcangeli A, Pillozzi S, Contel M, Messori L.. Dalton Trans. 2015 May 21.
- Water-Soluble Ruthenium(II) Complexes with Chiral 4-(2,3-dihydroxypropyl)-formamide oxoaporphine (FOA): in Vitro and in Vivo Anticancer Activity by Stabilization of G-Quadruplex DNA, Inhibition of Telomerase Activity and Induction of Tumor Cell Apoptosis.. Chen ZF, Qin QP, Qin JL, Zhou J, Li YL, Li N, Liu YC, Liang H.. J Med Chem. 2015 May 19.
- Development of a Functional Ruthenium(II) Complex that Can Act as a Photoluminescent and Electrochemiluminescent Dual-signaling Probe for Hypochlorous Acid.. Yu X, Zhang W, Ye Z, Song B, Yuan J.. J Fluoresc. 2015 May 12.
- Management of diffuse choroidal hemangioma in Sturge-Weber syndrome with Ruthenium-106 plaque radiotherapy.. Kubicka-Trząska A, Karska-Basta I, Oleksy P, Romanowska-Dixon B.. Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol. 2015 May 26.
- Ruthenium-catalyzed oxidative coupling of 2-aryl-4-quinazolinones with olefins: synthesis of pyrrolo[2,1-b]quinazolin-9(1H)-one motifs.. Zheng Y, Song WB, Zhang SW, Xuan LJ.. Org Biomol Chem. 2015 May 21.
- Regulation of a cerium(iv)-driven O2 evolution reaction using composites of liposome and lipophilic ruthenium complexes.. Koshiyama T, Kanda N, Iwata K, Honjo M, Asada S, Hatae T, Tsuji Y, Yoshida M, Okamura M, Kuga R, Masaoka S, Ohba M.. Dalton Trans. 2015 May 8.
- Detailed biological profiling of a photoactived and apoptosis inducing pdppz Ruthenium (II) polypyridyl complex in cancer cells.. Gunnlaugsson T, Cloonan SM, Elmes R, Erby M, Bright SA, Poynton FE, Nolan DE, Quinn SJ, Williams DC.. J Med Chem. 2015 May 11.
- A mechanistic investigation of the ruthenium porphyrin catalysed aziridination of olefins by aryl azides.. Zardi P, Pozzoli A, Ferretti F, Manca G, Mealli C, Gallo E.. Dalton Trans. 2015 May 15.
- Construction of hybrid films of silver nanoparticles and polypyridine ruthenium complexes on substrates.. Kajikawa A, Togashi T, Orikasa Y, Cui BB, Zhong YW, Sakamoto M, Kurihara M, Kanaizuka K.. Dalton Trans. 2015 May 19.