|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|(2N) 99% Antimony Nitride||SB-N-02||Request Quote|
|(3N) 99.9% Antimony Nitride||SB-N-03||Request Quote|
|(4N) 99.99% Antimony Nitride||SB-N-04||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Antimony Nitride||SB-N-05||Request Quote|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Density||Exact Mass||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|Sb||135.767||Solid||6.697 g/cm3||N/A||120.903824||N/A||Safety Data Sheet|
Antimony Nitride is generally immediately available in most volumes. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Antimony (atomic symbol: As, atomic number: 51) is a Block P, Group 15, Period 5 element with an atomic radius of 121.760. The number of electrons in each of antimony's shells is 2, 8, 18, 18, 5 and its electron configuration is [Kr] 4d10 5s2 5p3. The antimony atom has a radius of 140 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 206 pm. Antimony was discovered around 3000 BC and first isolated by Vannoccio Biringuccio in 1540 AD. In its elemental form, antimony has a silvery lustrous gray appearance. The most common source of antimony is the sulfide mineral known as stibnite (Sb2S3), although it sometimes occurs natively as well. Antimony has numerous applications, most commonly in flame-retardant materials; it also increases the hardness and strength of lead when combined in an alloy and is frequently employed as a dopant in semiconductor materials. Its name is derived from the Greek words anti and monos, meaning a metal not found by itself. For more information on antimony, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of antimony products, visit the Antimony element page.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|ANTIMONY NITRIDE SYNONYMS|
|antimoine, Antimon, antimonio|
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums tTypical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Antimony
- Successful treatment of cutaneous leishmaniasis with amphotericin B; a case of unresponsive to pentavalent antimony therapy.. Yeşilova Y, Turan E, Altın Sürücü H, Aksoy M, Özbilgin A.. Turkiye Parazitol Derg. 2015 Mar
- Phosphoproteomic analysis of wild-type and antimony-resistant Leishmania braziliensis lines by 2D-DIGE technology.. Moreira DS, Pescher P, Laurent C, Lenormand P, Späth GF, Murta SM.. Proteomics. 2015 May 9.
- Effect of iron plaque on antimony uptake by rice (Oryza sativa L.).. Cui XD, Wang YJ, Hockmann K, Zhou DM.. Environ Pollut. 2015 May 3
- Simultaneous lead and antimony immobilization in shooting range soil by a combined application of hydroxyapatite and ferrihydrite.. Ogawa S, Katoh M, Sato T.. Environ Technol. 2015 May 15:1-10.
- Three Birds with One Fe3O4 Nanoparticle: Integration of Green and Rapid Microwave Digestion, Solid Phase Extraction and Magnetic Separation for Sensitive Determination of Arsenic and Antimony in Fish Samples.. Jia Y, Yu H, Wu L, Hou X, Yang L, Zheng C.. Anal Chem. 2015 May 12.
- Synthesis and characterization of bismuth(III) and antimony(V) porphyrins: high antileishmanial activity against antimony-resistant parasite.. Gomes ML, DeFreitas-Silva G, Dos Reis PG, Melo MN, Frézard F, Demicheli C, Idemori YM.. J Biol Inorg Chem. 2015 May 1.
- Establishing the Coordination Chemistry of Antimony(V) Cations: Systematic Assessment of Ph4 Sb(OTf) and Ph3 Sb(OTf)2 as Lewis Acceptors.. Robertson AP, Chitnis SS, Jenkins HA, McDonald R, Ferguson MJ, Burford N.. Chemistry. 2015 May 18
- The cytotoxicity of organobismuth compounds with certain molecular structures can be diminished by replacing the bismuth atom with an antimony atom in the molecules.. Kohri K, Yoshida E, Yasuike S, Fujie T, Yamamoto C, Kaji T.. J Toxicol Sci. 2015
- Effect of grain size on thermal transport in post-annealed antimony telluride thin films.. Park NW, Lee WY, Hong JE, Park TH, Yoon SG, Im H, Kim HS, Lee SK.. Nanoscale Res Lett. 2015 Jan 28
- Nature of AX Centers in Antimony-Doped Cadmium Telluride Nanobelts. Huang L, Lin CC, Riediger M, Röder R, Tse PL, Ronning C, Lu JG. Nano Lett. 2015 Feb 11
Recent Research & Development for Nitrides
- Size-dependent resistive switching properties of the active region in nickel nitride-based crossbar array resistive random access memory.. Kim HD, Yun MJ, Hong SM, Kim TG.. J Nanosci Nanotechnol. 2014 Dec
- Thermal conductivity of polymer-based composites with magnetic aligned hexagonal boron nitride platelets.. Yuan C, Duan B, Li L, Xie B, Huang M, Luo X.. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 May 21.
- Ultralight boron nitride aerogels via template-assisted chemical vapor deposition.. Song Y, Li B, Yang S, Ding G, Zhang C, Xie X.. Sci Rep. 2015 May 15
- Reactively sputtered nickel nitride as electrocatalytic counter electrode for dye- and quantum dot-sensitized solar cells.. Soo Kang J, Park MA, Kim JY, Ha Park S, Young Chung D, Yu SH, Kim J, Park J, Choi JW, Jae Lee K, Jeong J, Jae Ko M, Ahn KS, Sung YE.. Sci Rep. 2015 May 21
- Communication: Water on hexagonal boron nitride from diffusion Monte Carlo.. Al-Hamdani YS, Ma M, Alfè D, von Lilienfeld OA, Michaelides A.. J Chem Phys. 2015 May 14
- DNA-functionalized silicon nitride nanopores for sequence-specific recognition of DNA biosensor.. Tan S, Wang L, Yu J, Hou C, Jiang R, Li Y, Liu Q.. Nanoscale Res Lett. 2015 May 1
- Epitaxial Growth of a Single-Crystal Hybridized Boron Nitride and Graphene Layer on a Wide-Band Gap Semiconductor.. Shin HC, Jang Y, Kim TH, Lee JH, Oh DH, Ahn SJ, Lee JH, Moon Y, Park JH, Yoo SJ, Park CY, Whang D, Yang CW, Ahn JR.. J Am Chem Soc. 2015 May 22.
- Low-loss silicon nitride waveguide hybridly integrated with colloidal quantum dots.. Xie W, Zhu Y, Aubert T, Verstuyft S, Hens Z, Van Thourhout D.. Opt Express. 2015 May 4
- Suspended 2-D photonic crystal aluminum nitride membrane reflector.. Ho CP, Pitchappa P, Soon BW, Lee C.. Opt Express. 2015 Apr 20
- Opening of triangular hole in triangular-shaped chemical vapor deposited hexagonal boron nitride crystal.. Sharma S, Kalita G, Vishwakarma R, Zulkifli Z, Tanemura M.. Sci Rep. 2015 May 21