|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|(2N) 99% Strontium Phosphate||SR-PAT-02||Request Quote|
|(3N) 99.9% Strontium Phosphate||SR-PAT-03||Request Quote|
|(4N) 99.99% Strontium Phosphate||SR-PAT-04||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Strontium Phosphate||SR-PAT-05||Request Quote|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Density||Exact Mass||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|O8P2Sr3||452.80||White powder||>380°C||N/A||N/A||453.623683||453.623683||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Strontium Phosphate is generally immediately available in most volumes. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Strontium (atomic symbol: Sr, atomic number: 38) is a Block S, Group 2, Period 5 element with an atomic weight of 87.62 . The number of electrons in each of Strontium's shells is [2, 8, 18, 8, 2] and its electron configuration is [Kr] 5s2. The strontium atom has a radius of 215 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 249 pm. Strontium was discovered by William Cruickshank in 1787 and first isolated by Humphry Davy in 1808. In its elemental form, strontium is a soft, silvery white metallic solid that quickly turns yellow when exposed to air. Cathode ray tubes in televisions are made of strontium, which are becoming increasingly displaced by other display technologies; pyrotechnics and fireworks employ strontium salts to achhieve a bright red color. Radioactive isotopes of strontium have been used in radioisotope thermoelectric generators (RTGs) and for certain cancer treatments. In nature, most strontium is found in celestite (as strontium sulfate) and strontianite (as strontium carbonate). Strontium was named after the Scottish town where it was discovered. For more information on strontium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of strontium products, visit the Strontium element page.
Phosphorus (atomic symbol: P, atomic number: 15) is a Block P, Group 15, Period 3 element. The number of electrons in each of Phosphorus's shells is 2, 8, 5 and its electronic configuration is [Ne] 3s2 3p3. The phosphorus atom has a radius of 110.5.pm and its Van der Waals radius is 180.pm. Phosphorus is a highly-reactive non-metallic element (sometimes considered a metalloid) with two primary allotropes, white phosphorus and red phosphorus; its black flaky appearance is similar to graphitic carbon. Compound forms of phosphorus include phosphates and phosphides. Phosphorous was first recognized as an element by Hennig Brand in 1669; its name (phosphorus mirabilis, or "bearer of light") was inspired from the brilliant glow emitted by its distillation. For more information on phosphorus, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of phosphorus products, visit the Phosphorus element page.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|STRONTIUM PHOSPHATE SYNONYMS|
|Strontium orthophosphate, Strontium phosphate, tribasic, Phosphoric acid, strontium salt, tristrontium diphosphate, Tristrontium bis(orthophosphate)|
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums tTypical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Strontium
- Strontium and osteoblast function.. Wornham DP, Hajjawi MO, Orriss IR, Arnett TR.. Osteoporos Int. 2015 Apr 15.
- [Suitability of strontium ranelate in a health care management area after drug surveillance alerts].. Cantudo-Cuenca MR, Calvo-Cidoncha E, Robustillo-Cortés MA, Saborido-Cansino MC, Gómez-Estrella G, Sánchez-Pedrosa A.. Aten Primaria. 2015 Apr 19.
- Low Serum Testosterone Levels Are Associated with Elevated Urinary Mandelic Acid, and Strontium Levels in Adult Men According to the US 2011-2012 National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey.. Xu C, Liu Q, Liu H, Héroux P, Zhang Q, Jiang ZY, Gu A.. PLoS One. 2015 May 21
- Ten-year follow-up in pregnancy and lactation-associated osteoporosis: sequential therapy with strontium ranelate and ibandronate.. Tanriover MD, Oz SG, Sozen T.. Spine J. 2015 May 1
- Significance of strontium ranelate in healing of surgically fixed tibial diapyseal fractures treated with strontium ranelate vs placebo; a randomised double blind controlled trial.. Aslam MZ, Khan MA, Chinoy MA, Jillani SA, Sultan SA, Ahmed SK.. J Pak Med Assoc. 2014 Dec
- The position of strontium ranelate in today's management of osteoporosis.. Reginster JY, Brandi ML, Cannata-Andía J, Cooper C, Cortet B, Feron JM, Genant H, Palacios S, Ringe JD, Rizzoli R.. Osteoporos Int. 2015 Apr 14.
- Meniscal extrusion promotes knee osteoarthritis structural progression: protective effect of strontium ranelate treatment in a phase III clinical trial.. Roubille C, Martel-Pelletier J, Raynauld JP, Abram F, Dorais M, Delorme P, Pelletier JP.. Arthritis Res Ther. 2015 Mar 23
- Regeneration of rabbit calvarial defects using biphasic calcium phosphate and a strontium hydroxyapatite-containing collagen membrane.. Kitayama S, Wong LO, Ma L, Hao J, Kasugai S, Lang NP, Mattheos N.. Clin Oral Implants Res. 2015 Apr 27.
- Vitamin D and bone mineral density changes in postmenopausal women treated with strontium ranelate.. Catalano A, Morabito N, Di Stefano A, Morini E, Basile G, Faraci B, Loddo S, Ientile R, Lasco A.. J Endocrinol Invest. 2015 May 8.
- Cancellous bone healing around strontium-doped hydroxyapatite in osteoporotic rats previously treated with zoledronic acid.. Li Y, Shui X, Zhang L, Hu J.. J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater. 2015 Apr 17.
Recent Research & Development for Phosphates
- The viability of mouse spermatogonial germ cells on a novel scaffold, containing human serum albumin and calcium phosphate nanoparticles.. Yadegar M, Hekmatimoghaddam SH, Nezami Saridar S, Jebali A.. Iran J Reprod Med. 2015 Mar
- Role of the sodium hydrogen exchanger regulatory factor 1 (NHERF1) in forward trafficking of the type IIa sodium phosphate cotransporter (NpT2a).. Ketchem CJ, Khundmiri SJ, Gaweda AE, Murray R, Clark BJ, Weinman EJ, Lederer ED.. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2015 May 20:ajprenal.00133.2015.
- Sintering and the mechanical properties of the tricalcium phosphate-titania composites.. Ayadi I, Ben Ayed F.. J Mech Behav Biomed Mater. 2015 May 14
- Novel doped calcium phosphate-PMMA bone cement composites as levofloxacin delivery systems.. Matos AC, Marques CF, Pinto RV, Ribeiro IA, Gonçalves LM, Vaz MA, Ferreira JM, António AJ, Bettencourt AF.. Int J Pharm. 2015 May 19.
- The effect of osteoimmunomodulation on the osteogenic effects of cobalt incorporated β-tricalcium phosphate.. Chen Z, Yuen J, Crawford R, Chang J, Wu C, Xiao Y.. Biomaterials. 2015 May 14
- Effect of Organic Acids on Calcium Phosphate Nucleation and Osteogenic Differentiation of Human Mesenchymal Stem Cells on Peptide Functionalized Nanofibers. Barati D, Walters JD, Pajoum Shariati SR, Moeinzadeh S, Jabbari E. Langmuir. 2015 Apr 16. : Langmuir
- Calcium Phosphate Scaffolds Combined with Bone Morphogenetic Proteins or Mesenchymal Stem Cells in Bone Tissue Engineering. Sun H, Yang HL. Chin Med J (Engl). 2015 20th Apr: Chin Med J (Engl)
- Antimicrobial and immunomodulatory efficacy of extracellularly synthesized silver and gold nanoparticles by a novel phosphate solubilizing fungus Bipolaris tetramera. Fatima F, Bajpai P, Pathak N, Singh S, Priya S, Verma SR. BMC Microbiol. 2015 Feb 27: BMC Microbiol
- Periostin Accelerates Bone Healing Mediated by Human Mesenchymal Stem Cell-Embedded Hydroxyapatite/Tricalcium Phosphate Scaffold. Heo SC, Shin WC, Lee MJ, Kim BR, Jang IH, Choi EJ, Lee JS, Kim JH. PLoS One. 2015 Mar 16
- Effects of different cavity-disinfectants and potassium titanyl phosphate laser on microtensile bond strength to primary dentin. Oznurhan F, Ozturk C, Ekci ES. Niger J Clin Pract. 2015 May-Jun