|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|(2N) 99% Trimethylaluminum||AL-TME-02||Request Quote|
|(3N) 99.9% Trimethylaluminum||AL-TME-03||Request Quote|
|(4N) 99.99% Trimethylaluminum||AL-TME-04||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Trimethylaluminum||AL-TME-05||Request Quote|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Density||Exact Mass||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|C3H9Al||72.09||Colorless iquid||15 °C||125-126°C||0.752 g/mL||72.051964||72.051964||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Trimethylaluminum (TMA) is a precursor for Aluminum Oxide deposition and is the most popular aluminum precursor used for the production of Metal-Organic Vapor-Phase Epitaxy. Trimethylaluminum is also used as a methylation agent and is often released from sounding rockets as a tracer in studies of upper atmospheric wind patterns. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. See safety data and research below and pricing/lead time above. Trimethylaluminium is available in a wide range of ultra-high purity grades. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Aluminum, also known as Aluminium, (atomic symbol: Al, atomic number: 13) is a Block P, Group 13, Period 3 element with an atomic weight of 26.9815386. It is the third most abundant element in the earth's crust and the most abundant metallic element.Aluminum's name is derived from alumina, the mineral from which Sir Humphrey Davy attempted to refine it from in 1812. It wasn't until 1825 that Aluminum was first isolated by Hans Christian Oersted. Aluminum is a silvery gray metal that possesses many desirable characteristics. It is light, nonmagnetic and non-sparking. It stands second among metals in the scale of malleability, and sixth in ductility. It is extensively used in many industrial applications where a strong, light, easily constructed material is needed. Although it has only 60% of the electrical conductivity of copper, it is used in electrical transmission lines because of its light weight. Pure aluminum is soft and lacks strength, but alloyed with small amounts of copper, magnesium, silicon, manganese, or other elements it imparts a variety of useful properties. Aluminum was first predicted by Antoine Lavoisierin 1787 and first isolated by Friedrich Wöhler in 1827. For more information on aluminum, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of aluminum products, visit the Aluminum element page.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Transport Information||UN 3394 4.2/PG 1|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|Aluminum trimethanide; TMA; AlMe3; Aluminum trimethanide; aluminum, trimethyl-; Trimethylalane|
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Aluminum
- Condensate Microdrop Self-Propelling Aluminum Surfaces Based on Controllable Fabrication of Alumina Rod -Capped Nanopore Structures.. Zhao Y, Luo Y, Li J, Yin F, Zhu J, Gao X.. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 May 18.
- Helical growth of aluminum nitride: new insights into its growth habit from nanostructures to single crystals.. Zhang XH, Shao RW, Jin L, Wang JY, Zheng K, Zhao CL, Han JC, Chen B, Sekiguchi T, Zhang Z, Zou J, Song B.. Sci Rep. 2015 May 15
- Hardness and wear resistance of carbon nanotube reinforced aluminum-copper matrix composites.. Nam DH, Kim JH, Cha SI, Jung SI, Lee JK, Park HM, Park HD, Hong H.. J Nanosci Nanotechnol. 2014 Dec
- Co-Ni alloy nanowires prepared by anodic aluminum oxide template via electrochemical deposition.. Kwag YG, Ha JK, Kim HS, Cho HJ, Cho KK.. J Nanosci Nanotechnol. 2014 Dec
- Suspended 2-D photonic crystal aluminum nitride membrane reflector.. Ho CP, Pitchappa P, Soon BW, Lee C.. Opt Express. 2015 Apr 20
- A molecular beacon biosensor based on the nanostructured aluminum oxide surface.. Che X, He Y, Yin H, Que L.. Biosens Bioelectron. 2015 May 9
- Efficacy and safety of aluminum chloride in controlling external hemorrhage: an animal model study.. Nouri S, Sharif MR, Panahi Y, Ghanei M, Jamali B.. Iran Red Crescent Med J. 2015 Mar 20
- Quaternary polymethacrylate-magnesium aluminum silicate films: Water uptake kinetics and film permeability.. Rongthong T, Sungthongjeen S, Siepmann F, Siepmann J, Pongjanyakul T.. Int J Pharm. 2015 May 21.
- Coagulation behavior and floc properties of compound bioflocculant-polyaluminum chloride dual-coagulants and polymeric aluminum in low temperature surface water treatment. Huang X, Sun S, Gao B, Yue Q, Wang Y, Li Q. J Environ Sci (China). 2015 Apr 1: J Environ Sci (China)
- Tannoid principles of Emblica officinalis renovate cognitive deficits and attenuate amyloid pathologies against aluminum chloride induced rat model of Alzheimer's disease. Justin Thenmozhi A, Dhivyabharathi M, William Raja TR, Manivasagam T, Mohamed Essa M. Nutr Neurosci. 2015 Apr 4. : Nutr Neurosci