|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|(2N) 99% Ytterbium Sulfate||YB-SAT-02||Request Quote|
|(3N) 99.9% Ytterbium Sulfate||YB-SAT-03||Request Quote|
|(4N) 99.99% Ytterbium Sulfate||YB-SAT-04||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Ytterbium Sulfate||YB-SAT-05||Request Quote|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Density||Exact Mass||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|O12S3Yb2||634.26||White||N/A||N/A||N/A||633.730432||633.730432||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Ytterbium Sulfate is a moderately water and acid soluble Ytterbium source for uses compatible with sulfates.Sulfate compounds are salts or esters of sulfuric acid formed by replacing one or both of the hydrogens with a metal. Most metal sulfate compounds are readily soluble in water for uses such as water treatment, unlike fluorides and oxides which tend to be insoluble. Organometallic forms are soluble in organic solutions and sometimes in both aqueous and organic solutions. Metallic ions can also be dispersed utilizing suspended or coated nanoparticles and deposited utilizing sputtering targets and evaporation materials for uses such as solar cells and fuel cells. Ytterbium Sulfate is generally immediately available in most volumes. Ultra high purity, high purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. We also produce Ytterbium Sulfate Solution. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Ytterbium (atomic symbol: Yb, atomic number: 70) is a Block F, Group 3, Period 6 element with an atomic weight of 173.054. The number of electrons in each of Ytterbium's shells is [2, 8, 18, 32, 8, 2] and its electron configuration is [Xe]4f14 6s2. The Ytterbium atom has a radius of 176 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 242 pm. Ytterbium was discovered by Jean Charles Galissard de Marignac in 1878 and first isolated by Georges Urbain in 1907. In its elemental form, ytterbium has a silvery-white color. Ytterbium is found in monazite sand as well as the ores euxenite and xenotime. Ytterbium is named after Ytterby, a village in Sweden. Ytterbium can be used as a source for gamma rays, for the doping of stainless steel, or other active metals. Its electrical resistivity rises under stress, making it very useful for stress gauges that measure the deformation of the ground in the even of an earthquake. For more information on Ytterbium, including properties, satefy data, research, and American Elements' catalog of Ytterbium products, visit the Ytterbium element page.
Sulfur or Sulphur (atomic symbol: S, atomic number: 16) is a Block P, Group 16, Period 3 element with an atomic radius of 32.066. The number of electrons in each of Sulfur's shells is 2, 8, 6 and its electron configuration is [Ne] 3s2 3p4. In its elemental form, sulfur has a light yellow appearance. The sulfur atom has a covalent radius of 105 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 180 pm. In nature, sulfur can be found in hot springs, meteorites, volcanoes, and as galena, gypsum, and epsom salts. Sulfur has been known since ancient times but was not accepted as an element until 1777, when Antoine Lavoisier helped to convince the scientific community that it was an element and not a compound. For more information on sulfur, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of sulfur products, visit the Sulfur element page.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|YTTERBIUM SULFATE SYNONYMS|
|ytterbium(+3) cation sulfate, Ytterbium(III) sulfate, Sulfuric acid, ytterbium(3+) salt (3:2)|
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Ytterbium
- Phosphate ytterbium-doped single-mode all-solid photonic crystal fiber with output power of 13.8 W.. Wang L, He D, Feng S, Yu C, Hu L, Qiu J, Chen D.. Sci Rep. 2015 Feb 16
- Reactivity of ytterbium(II) silylamide supported by a pyrrolyl-cyclopentadienyl ligand.. Li J, Hao J, Cui C.. Dalton Trans. 2015 Jan 14
- Flexible rectangular wave-breaking-free pulse generation in actively mode-locked ytterbium-doped fiber laser.. Chen H, Chen SP, Jiang ZF, Hou J.. Opt Express. 2014 Nov 3
- Fractional 1,550 nm Ytterbium/Erbium fiber laser in the treatment of lichen amyloidosis: clinical and histological study.. Panchaprateep R, Tusgate S, Munavalli GS, Noppakun N.. Lasers Surg Med. 2015 Mar
- Switchable Q-switched and modelocked operation in ytterbium doped fiber laser under all-normal-dispersion configuration.. Mukhopadhyay PK, Gupta PK, Singh CP, Singh A, Sharma SK, Bindra KS, Oak SM.. Rev Sci Instrum. 2015 Mar
- Preparation of a Ytterbium-tagged Gunshot Residue Standard for Quality Control in the Forensic Analysis of GSR.. Hearns NG, Laflèche DN, Sandercock ML.. J Forensic Sci. 2015 May
- An ytterbium complex with unique luminescence properties: detecting the temperature based on a luminescence spectrum without the interference of oxygen.. Tang M, Huang Y, Wang Y, Fu L.. Dalton Trans. 2015 Apr 8
- Ytterbium-doped glass-ceramics for optical refrigeration.. Filho ES, Krishnaiah KV, Ledemi Y, Yu YJ, Messaddeq Y, Nemova G, Kashyap R.. Opt Express. 2015 Feb 23
- High-power, efficient and azimuthally polarized ytterbium-doped fiber laser.. Zou L, Yao Y, Li J.. Opt Lett. 2015 Jan 15
- A Roughness Study of Ytterbium-Doped Potassium Yttrium Tungstate (YB: KYW) Thin-Disk Femtosecond Ablated Dentin.. Liu J, Chen H, Ge W, Wang Y, Sun Y, Wang Y, Lü P.. J Lasers Med Sci. 2014 Winter
- Enhanced near-infrared emission from holmium-ytterbium co-doped phosphate glasses containing silver nanoparticles. Vallejo Hernandez MA, Martínez Gámez MA, Lucio Martínez JL, Kir'yanov AV. Appl Spectrosc. 2014
Recent Research & Development for Sulfates
- Beneficial effects of the traditional medicine Igongsan and its constituent ergosterol on dextran sulfate sodium-induced colitis in mice.. Kim SJ, Shin HJ, Lee GH, Kim DS, Kim HL, Park J, Jung Y, Youn DH, Kang J, Hong SH, Um JY.. Mol Med Rep. 2015 May 22.
- Dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate, a useful endogenous probe for evaluation of drug-drug interaction on hepatic organic anion transporting polypeptide (OATP) in cynomolgus monkeys.. Watanabe M, Watanabe T, Yabuki M, Tamai I.. Drug Metab Pharmacokinet. 2015 Apr
- Acetoclastic methanogenesis is likely the dominant biochemical pathway of palmitate degradation in the presence of sulfate.. Lv L, Mbadinga SM, Wang LY, Liu JF, Gu JD, Mu BZ, Yang SZ.. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2015 May 20.
- Neuroprotective properties of dehydroepiandrosterone-sulfate and its relationship to interleukin 6 after aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage: a prospective cohort study.. Höllig A, Thiel M, Stoffel-Wagner B, Coburn M, Clusmann H.. Crit Care. 2015 May 21
- Effectiveness of levulinic acid and sodium dodecyl sulfate employed as a sanitizer during harvest or packing of cantaloupes contaminated with Salmonella Poona.. Webb CC, Erickson MC, Davey LE, Doyle MP.. Int J Food Microbiol. 2015 May 2
- Entamoeba mitosomes play an important role in encystation by association with cholesteryl sulfate synthesis.. Mi-Ichi F, Miyamoto T, Takao S, Jeelani G, Hashimoto T, Hara H, Nozaki T, Yoshida H.. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015 May 18.
- Production of Sulfate Radical and Hydroxyl Radical by Reaction of Ozone with Peroxymonosulfate: A Novel Advanced Oxidation Process.. Yang Y, Jiang J, Lu X, Ma J, Liu Y.. Environ Sci Technol. 2015 May 19.
- Dominance of sulfur-fueled iron oxide reduction in low-sulfate freshwater sediments. Hansel CM, Lentini CJ, Tang Y, Johnston DT, Wankel SD, Jardine PM. ISME J. 2015 Apr 14.: ISME J
- Strawberry Phytochemicals Inhibit Azoxymethane/Dextran Sodium Sulfate-Induced Colorectal Carcinogenesis in Crj: CD-1 Mice. Shi N, Clinton SK, Liu Z, Wang Y, Riedl KM, Schwartz SJ, Zhang X, Pan Z, Chen T. Nutrients. 2015 Mar 10