| Product Code|| Product|| Request Quote|
| Z-MITE-O|| (3N) 99.9% Zinc Oxide|| Request|
| Z-MITE-AD|| (3N) 99.9% Zinc Oxide (dispersion)|| Request|
| Z-MITE-AP|| (3N) 99.9% Zinc Oxide (powder)|| Request|
ZnSee more Zinc products. Zinc (atomic symbol: Zn, atomic number: 30) is a Block D, Group 12, Period 4 element with an atomic weight of 65.38. The number of electrons in each of zinc's shells is 2, 8, 18, 2, and its electron configuration is [Ar] 3d10 4s2. The zinc atom has a radius of 134 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 210 pm. Zinc was discovered by Indian metallurgists prior to 1000 BC and first recognized as a unique element by Rasaratna Samuccaya in 800. Zinc was first isolated by Andreas Marggraf in 1746. In its elemental form, zinc has a silver-gray appearance. It is brittle at ordinary temperatures but malleable at 100 °C to 150 °C. It is a fair conductor of electricity, and burns in air at high red producing white clouds of the oxide. Zinc is mined from sulfidic ore deposits. It is the 24th most abundant element in the earth's crust and the fourth most common metal in use (after iron, aluminum, and copper). The name zinc originates from the German word "zin," meaning tin.
Recent Research & Development for Zinc
- Zinc Protoporphyrin Suppresses β-Catenin Protein Expression in Human Cancer Cells: The Potential Involvement of Lysosome-Mediated Degradation. Wang S, Hannafon BN, Lind SE, Ding WQ. PLoS One. 2015 May 22
- Crystal structure of poly[bis-(μ-nicotinamide-κ(2) N (1):O)bis-(μ-4-nitro-benzoato-κ(2) O (1):O (1'))zinc]. Aşkın GŞ, Necefoğlu H, Tonbul AM, Dilek N, Hökelek T. Acta Crystallogr E Crystallogr Commun. 2015 Apr 11
- Co-solvent enhanced zinc oxysulfide buffer layers in Kesterite copper zinc tin selenide solar cells. Steirer KX, Garris RL, Li JV, Dzara MJ, Ndione PF, Ramanathan K, Repins I, Teeter G, Perkins CL. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2015 May 22.
- Stereoselective Polymerization of rac-Lactide Catalyzed by Zinc Complexes with Tetradentate Aminophenolate Ligands in Different Coordination Patterns: Kinetics and Mechanism. Yang Y, Wang H, Ma H. Inorg Chem. 2015 May 21.
- Dinuclear versus mononuclear pathways in zinc mediated nucleophilic addition: a combined experimental and DFT study. Qi X, Li Y, Zhang G, Li Y, Lei A, Liu C, Lan Y. Dalton Trans. 2015 May 22.
- Collective ion dynamics in liquid zinc: evidence for complex dynamics in a non-free-electron liquid metal. Zanatta M, Sacchetti F, Guarini E, Orecchini A, Paciaroni A, Sani L, Petrillo C. Phys Rev Lett. 2015 May 8
- Csr1/Zap1 maintains zinc homeostasis and influences virulence in Candida dubliniensis, but is not coupled to morphogenesis. Böttcher B, Palige K, Jacobsen ID, Hube B, Brunke S. Eukaryot Cell. 2015 May 22.
- Crystal structure of catena-poly[[[tetra-aqua-zinc(II)]-μ-1,4-bis-[4-(1H-imidazol-1-yl)benzo-yl]piperazine] dinitrate monohydrate]. Hou C, Gan HM, Liu JC. Acta Crystallogr E Crystallogr Commun. 2015 Apr 25
- Copper, lead and zinc removal from metal contaminated wastewater by adsorption onto agricultural wastes. Janyasuthiwong S, Phiri SM, Kijjanapanich P, Rene ER, Esposito G, Lens PN. Environ Technol. 2015 May 22:1-33.
- The antioxidant effects of silver, gold, and zinc oxide nanoparticles on male mice in in vivo condition. Negahdary M, Chelongar R, Zadeh SK, Ajdary M. Adv Biomed Res. 2015 Mar 25: Adv Biomed Res
- Characterizing the inhibitory action of zinc oxide nanoparticles on allergic-type mast cell activation. Feltis BN, Elbaz A, Wright PF, Mackay GA, Turney TW, Lopata AL. Mol Immunol. 2015 Mar 12
Recent Research & Development for Oxides
- Nickel oxide and carbon nanotube composite (NiO/CNT) as a novel cathode non-precious metal catalyst in microbial fuel cells. Huang J, Zhu N, Yang T, Zhang T, Wu P, Dang Z. Biosens Bioelectron. 2015 May 14
- Pilot in vivo investigation of cerium oxide nanoparticles as a novel anti-obesity pharmaceutical formulation. Rocca A, Moscato S, Ronca F, Nitti S, Mattoli V, Giorgi M, Ciofani G. Nanomedicine. 2015 May 20.
- Graphene electrode modified with electrochemically reduced graphene oxide for label-free DNA detection. Li B, Pan G, Avent ND, Lowry RB, Madgett TE, Waines PL. Biosens Bioelectron. 2015 May 14
- Efficient activation of peroxymonosulfate by manganese oxide for the degradation of azo dye at ambient condition. Tang D, Zhang G, Guo S. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2015 May 14
- Functionalized magnetic iron oxide/alginate core-shell nanoparticles for targeting hyperthermia. Liao SH, Liu CH, Bastakoti BP, Suzuki N, Chang Y, Yamauchi Y, Lin FH, Wu KC. Int J Nanomedicine. 2015 May 4
- Growth and properties of well-crystalline cerium oxide (CeO2) nanoflakes for environmental and sensor applications. Umar A, Kumar R, Akhtar MS, Kumar G, Kim SH. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2015 May 7
- Application of iron oxide anoparticles in neuronal tissue engineering. Ziv-Polat O, Margel S, Shahar A. Neural Regen Res. 2015 Feb: Neural Regen Res
- Multiplexed enzyme-free electrochemical immunosensor based on ZnO nanorods modified reduced graphene oxide-paper electrode and silver deposition-induced signal amplification strategy. Sun G, Zhang L, Zhang Y, Yang H, Ma C, Ge S, Yan M, Yu J, Song X. Biosens Bioelectron. 2015 Apr 8: Biosens Bioelectron
- Stem cells labeled with superparamagnetic iron oxide nanoparticles in a preclinical model of cerebral ischemia: a systematic review with meta-analysis. Nucci LP, Silva HR, Giampaoli V, Mamani JB, Nucci MP, Gamarra LF. Stem Cell Res Ther. 2015 Mar 13: Stem Cell Res Ther
- Micron-sized iron oxide-containing particles for microRNA-targeted manipulation and MRI-based tracking of transplanted cells. Leder A, Raschzok N, Schmidt C, Arabacioglu D, Butter A, Kolano S, de Sousa Lisboa LS, Werner W, Polenz D, Reutzel-Selke A, Pratschke J, Sauer IM. Biomaterials. 2015 May