|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|(2N) 99% Lithium Benzoate||LI-BENZ-02||Request Quote|
|(3N) 99.9% Lithium Benzoate||LI-BENZ-03||Request Quote|
|(4N) 99.99% Lithium Benzoate||LI-BENZ-04||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Lithium Benzoate||LI-BENZ-05||Request Quote|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Density||Exact Mass||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|C7H5LiO2||128.05||Beige powder||>300 °C||N/A||N/A||128.044959||128.044959||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Lithium Benzoate is generally immediately available in most volumes. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Lithium (atomic symbol: Li, atomic number: 3) is a Block S, Group 1, Period 2 element with an atomic weight of 6.94. The number of electrons in each of Lithium's shells is [2, 1] and its electron configuration is [He] 2s1. The lithium atom has a radius of 152 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 181 pm. Lithium was discovered by Johann Arvedson in 1817 and first isolated by William Thomas Brande in 1821. The origin of the name Lithium comes from the Greek wordlithose which means "stone." Lithium is a member of the alkali group of metals. It has the highest specific heat and electrochemical potential of any element on the period table and the lowest density of any elements that are solid at room temperature. Compared to other metals, it has one of the lowest boiling points. In its elemental form, lithium is soft enough to cut with a knife; its silvery white appearance quickly darkens when exposed to air. Because of its high reactivity, elemental lithium does not occur in nature. Lithium is the key component of lithium-ion battery technology, which is becoming increasingly more prevalent in electronics. For more information on lithium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of lithium products, visit the Lithium element page.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|LITHIUM BENZOATE SYNONYMS|
|Benzoic acid, lithium salt; LithoTab benzoate; benzoic acid, lithium salt (1:1)|
|CUSTOMERS FOR LITHIUM BENZOATE HAVE ALSO LOOKED AT|
|Lithium Cobalt Phosphate||Lithium Chloride||Lithium Nitrate||Lithium Pellets||a href="linmf.html">Lithium Foil|
|Lithium Nanoparticles||Lithium Wire||Lithium Powder||Lithium Sputtering Target||Lithium Germanium Oxide|
|Lithium Acetate||Lithium Acetylacetonate||Lithium Metal||Lithium Oxide||Lithium Oxide Pellets|
|Show Me MORE Forms of Lithium|
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Lithium
- Acute cardiomyopathy precipitated by lithium: is there a direct toxic effect on cardiac myocytes? A case report and review of literature.. Anantha Narayanan M, Mahfood Haddad T, Bansal O, Baskaran J, Azzouz MS, Akinapelli A, Esterbrooks DJ.. Am J Emerg Med. 2015 Apr 18.
- Circadian activation of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis May affect central, but not peripheral, effect of lithium in conditioned taste aversion learning in rats.. Kim YS, Bae Yoo S, Ryu V, Kim KN, Kim BT, Lee JH, Won Jahng J.. Eur J Pharmacol. 2015 May 20.
- A Lithium Amide Protected Against Protonation in the Gas Phase: Unexpected Effect of LiCl.. Lesage D, Barozzino-Consiglio G, Duwald R, Fressigné C, Harrison-Marchand A, Faull KF, Maddaluno J, Gimbert Y.. J Org Chem. 2015 May 21.
- Influence of CuO content on the structure of lithium fluoroborate glasses: Spectral and gamma irradiation studies.. Abdelghany AM, ElBatal HA, EzzElDin FM.. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2015 May 8
- TiC/NiO core/shell nanoarchitecture with battery-capacitive synchronous lithium storage for high-performance lithium-ion battery.. Huang H, Feng T, Gan Y, Fang M, Xia Y, Liang C, Tao X, Zhang W.. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 May 19.
- Encapsulating micro-nano Si/SiOx into conjugated nitrogen-doped carbon as binder-free monolithic anodes for advanced lithium ion batteries. Wang J, Zhou M, Tan G, Chen S, Wu F, Lu J, Amine K. Nanoscale. 2015 Apr 13. : Nanoscale
- The iNOS/Src/FAK axis contributes to lithium chloride-mediated macrophage migration. Chen HC, Chien WC, Chang MY, Hsieh MY, Lai M, Maa MC, Leu TH. Nitric Oxide. 2015 Apr 10.: Nitric Oxide
- Nitrogen-Enriched Porous Carbon Coating for Manganese Oxide Nanostructures towards High-Performance Lithium-Ion Batteries. Wang JG, Zhang C, Kang F. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 Apr 14. : ACS Appl Mater Interfaces
- In-Situ Formation of Hollow Hybrids Composed of Cobalt Sulfides Embedded within Porous Carbon Polyhedra/Carbon Nanotubes for High-Performance Lithium-Ion Batteries. Wu R, Wang DP, Rui X, Liu B, Zhou K, Law AW, Yan Q, Wei J, Chen Z. Adv Mater. 2015 Apr 9.: Adv Mater
- Sandwich-Structured Graphene-Fe3O4-Carbon Nanocomposites for High-Performance Lithium-Ion Batteries. Zhao L, Gao M, Yue W, Jiang Y, Wang Y, Ren Y, Hu F. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 Apr 17. : ACS Appl Mater Interfaces
Recent Research & Development for Benzoates
- Simple Methods for Tracking Stem Cells with (64)Cu-Labeled DOTA-hexadecyl-benzoate.. Kim MH, Woo SK, Kim KI, Lee TS, Kim CW, Kang JH, Kim BI, Lim SM, Lee KC, Lee YJ.. ACS Med Chem Lett. 2015 Apr 7
- The crystal and molecular structure of sodium 4-(2,4,6-triisopropylbenzoyl)benzoate in terms of the photochemical behaviour of the anion.. Konieczny K, Bąkowicz J, Turowska-Tyrk I.. Acta Crystallogr C Struct Chem. 2015 May 1
- BadR and BadM proteins transcriptionally regulate two operons needed for anaerobic benzoate degradation by Rhodopseudomonas palustris.. Hirakawa H, Hirakawa Y, Greenberg EP, Harwood CS.. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2015 Apr 17.
- Design and synthesis of novel 1,2-dithiolan-4-yl benzoate derivatives as PTP1B inhibitors.. Chen J, Gao LX, Gong JX, Jiang CS, Yao LG, Li JY, Li J, Xiao W, Guo YW.. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2015 May 15
- Development and validation of UV spectrophotometric method to study stress degradation behaviour of rizatriptan benzoate.. Amolkumar K, Ashok T, Kiran J.. Guang Pu Xue Yu Guang Pu Fen Xi. 2015 Jan
- Conductive iron oxide minerals accelerate syntrophic cooperation in methanogenic benzoate degradation. Zhuang L, Tang J, Wang Y, Hu M, Zhou S. J Hazard Mater. 2015 Mar 19: J Hazard Mater
- HPLC and LC-MS/MS methods for determination of sodium benzoate and potassium sorbate in food and beverages: performances of local accredited laboratories via proficiency tests in Turkey. Gören AC, Bilsel G, ?im?ek A, Bilsel M, Akçada? F, Topal K, Ozgen H. Food Chem. 2015 May 15
- Pediatric drug formulation of sodium benzoate extended-release granules. Combescot E, Morat G, de Lonlay P, Boudy V. Pharm Dev Technol. 2015 Jan 13:1-7.
- Effects of sodium benzoate on pre-pulse inhibition deficits and hyperlocomotion in mice after administration of phencyclidine. Matsuura A, Fujita Y, Iyo M, Hashimoto K. Acta Neuropsychiatr. 2015 Feb 4:1-9.
- Investigation on sodium benzoate release from poly(butylene adipate-co-terephthalate)/organoclay/sodium benzoate based nanocomposite film and their antimicrobial activity. Mondal D, Bhowmick B, Maity D, Mollick MM, Rana D, Rangarajan V, Sen R, Chattopadhyay D. J Food Sci. 2015 Mar