|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|Sodium Glucoheptonate||NA-GLUH-02||Request Quote|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||SMILES
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Density||Exact Mass||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|C7H13O8Na||248.16||Yellow to tan crystalline powder||161 °C (dec.)||N/A||N/A||248.050812||248.050812||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Sodium Glucoheptonate is one of numerous organo-metallic compounds sold by American Elements under the tradename AE Organo-Metallics™ for uses requiring non-aqueous solubility such as recent solar energy and water treatment applications. Sodium Glucoheptonate is generally immediately available in most volumes, including bulk quantities. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available, as is additional technical and safety (MSDS) data. Please contact us for information on lead time and pricing above.
Sodium (atomic symbol: Na, atomic number: 11) is a Block D, Group 5, Period 4 element with an atomic weight of 22.989769. The number of electrons in each of Sodium's shells is [2, 8, 1] and its electron configuration is [Ne] 3s1.The sodium atom has a radius of 185.8 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 227 pm. Sodium was discovered and first isolated by Sir Humphrey Davy in 1807. In its elemental form, sodium has a silvery-white metallic appearance. It is the sixth most abundant element, making up 2.6 % of the earth's crust. Sodium does not occur in nature as a free element and must be extracted from its compounds (e.g., feldspars, sodalite, and rock salt). The name Sodium is thought to come from the Arabic word suda, meaning "headache" (due to sodium carbonate's headache-alleviating properties), and its elemental symbol Na comes from natrium, its Latin name. For more information on sodium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of sodium products, visit the Sodium element page.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|SODIUM GLUCOHEPTONATE SYNONYMS|
|D-Glucoheptonic acid sodium salt; gluceptate sodium; sodium (2R,3R,4S,5R,6R)-2,3,4,5,6,7-hexahydroxyheptanoate; sodium glucopentonate; Sodium D-glycero-D-gulo-heptonate; Glucoheptonic Acid, Sodium Salt; D-Gluco- Heptonic acid, monosodium salt (2.xi.)-; D-Glucoheptonic acid, monosodium salt; Monosodium glucoheptonate|
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Sodium
- Epoprostenol sodium for treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension.. Saito Y, Nakamura K, Akagi S, Sarashina T, Ejiri K, Miura A, Ogawa A, Matsubara H, Ito H.. Vasc Health Risk Manag. 2015 May 14
- Fully automated production of sodium [18F]fluoride on AllInOne and miniAllInOne synthesizers.. Collet C, Otabashi M, Giacomelli F, Veran N, Karcher G, Chapleur Y, Lamandé-Langle S.. Appl Radiat Isot. 2015 May 14
- Effectiveness of levulinic acid and sodium dodecyl sulfate employed as a sanitizer during harvest or packing of cantaloupes contaminated with Salmonella Poona.. Webb CC, Erickson MC, Davey LE, Doyle MP.. Int J Food Microbiol. 2015 May 2
- Inadvertent apical extrusion of sodium hypochlorite with evaluation by dental volumetric tomography. Başer Can ED, Karapınar Kazandağ M, Kaptan RF. Case Rep Dent. 2015: Case Rep Dent
- Agreement of the Kato-Katz test established by the WHO with samples fixed with sodium acetate analyzed at 6 months to diagnose intestinal geohelminthes. Fernández-Niño JA, Ramírez JD, López MC, Moncada LI, Reyes P, Heredia RD. Acta Trop. 2015 Mar 11.
- A Novel hNIS/tdTomato Fusion Reporter for Visualizing the Relationship Between the Cellular Localization of Sodium Iodide Symporter and Its Iodine Uptake Function Under Heat Shock Treatment. Yeom CJ, Chung T, Youn H, Kang KW, Lee DS, Chung JK. Mol Imaging. 2015 Mar 1
- Optimization of alkaline sulfite pretreatment and comparative study with sodium hydroxide pretreatment for improving enzymatic digestibility of corn stover. Liu H, Pang B, Wang H, Li H, Lu J, Niu M. J Agric Food Chem. 2015 Mar 15.
- Sodium selenate reduces hyperphosphorylated tau and improves outcomes after traumatic brain injury. Shultz SR, Wright DK, Zheng P, Stuchbery R, Liu SJ, Sashindranath M, Medcalf RL, Johnston LA, Hovens CM, Jones NC, O'Brien TJ. Brain. 2015 Mar 13.
- [Acute renal failure and hearing loss due to sodium bromate intoxication]. Kitamoto T. Chudoku Kenkyu. 2014 Dec
- Efficacy of low concentrations of sodium hypochlorite and low powered Er,Cr:YSGG laser activated irrigation against an Enterococcus faecalis biofilm. Christo JE, Zilm PS, Sullivan T, Cathro PR. Int Endod J. 2015 Mar 13.