Potassium Nitrate Solution
|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|(2N) 99% Potassium Nitrate Solution||K-NAT-02-SOL||Request Quote|
|(3N) 99.9% Potassium Nitrate Solution||K-NAT-03-SOL||Request Quote|
|(4N) 99.99% Potassium Nitrate Solution||K-NAT-04-SOL||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Potassium Nitrate Solution||K-NAT-05-SOL||Request Quote|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Density||Exact Mass||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|KNO3||101.11||White to clear liquid||N/A||100.952 g/mol||100.951523 Da||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Potassium Nitrate Solutions are moderate to highly concentrated liquid solutions of Potassium Nitrate. They are an excellent source of Potassium Nitrate for applications requiring solubilized materials. American Elements can prepare dissolved homogenous solutions at customer specified concentrations or to the maximum stoichiometric concentration. Packaging is available in 55 gallon drums, smaller units and larger liquid totes. American Elements maintains solution production facilities in the United States, Northern Europe (Liverpool, UK), Southern Europe (Milan, Italy), Australia and China to allow for lower freight costs and quicker delivery to our customers .American Elements metal and rare earth compound solutions have numerous applications, but are commonly used in petrochemical cracking and automotive catalysts, water treatment, plating, textiles, research and in optic, laser, crystal and glass applications. Ultra high purity and high purity compositions improve both optical quality and usefulness as scientific standards. Nanoscale elemental powders and suspensions, as alternative high surface area forms, may be considered. We also produce Potassium Nitrate Powder. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Potassium (atomic symbol: K, atomic number: 19) is a Block S, Group 1, Period 4 element with an atomic weight of 39.0983. The number of electrons in each of Potassium's shells is [2, 8, 8, 1] and its electron configuration is [Ar] 4s1. The potassium atom has a radius of 227.2 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 275 pm. Potassium was discovered and first isolated by Sir Humphrey Davy in 1807. Potassium is the seventh most abundant element on earth. It is one of the most reactive and electropositive of all metals and rapidly oxidizes. As with other alkali metals, potassium decomposes in water with the evolution of hydrogen; because of its reacts violently with water, it only occurs in nature in ionic salts. In its elemental form, potassium has a silvery gray metallic appearance, but its compounds (such as potassium hydroxide) are more frequently used in industrial and chemical applications. The origin of the element's name comes from the English word 'potash,' meaning pot ashes, and the Arabic word qali, which means alkali. The symbol K originates from the Latin word kalium. For more information on potassium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of potassium products, visit the Potassium element page.
HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION
UN 1486 5.1/PG 3
POTASSIUM NITRATE SYNONYMS
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Potassium
- Design and synthesis of new potassium channel activators derived from the ring opening of diazoxide: Study of their vasodilatory effect, stimulation of elastin synthesis and inhibitory effect on insulin release. Bouider N, Fhayli W, Ghandour Z, Boyer M, Harrouche K, Florence X, Pirotte B, Lebrun P, Faury G, Khelili S. Bioorg Med Chem. 2015 Feb 27.
- Geostatistical approach for management of soil nutrients with special emphasis on different forms of potassium considering their spatial variation in intensive cropping system of West Bengal, India. Chatterjee S, Santra P, Majumdar K, Ghosh D, Das I, Sanyal SK. Environ Monit Assess. 2015 Apr
- Effect of glucose-insulin-potassium on hyperlactataemia in patients undergoing valvular heart surgery: A prospective, randomised controlled study. Un Roh G, Shim JK, Song JW, Kang HM, Kwak YL. Eur J Anaesthesiol. 2015 Mar 10.
- Potassium Abnormalities in Current Clinical Practice: Frequency, Causes, Severity and Management. Eliacik E, Yildirim T, Sahin U, Kizilarslanoglu C, Tapan U, Aybal-Kutlugun A, Hascelik G, Arici M. Med Princ Pract. 2015 Mar 11.
- Comparison of urinary sodium and potassium in children older than two with idiopathic hypercalciuria and a healthy control group in Bandar-Abbas, Iran, in 2013. Ajdadi E, Esteghamati M, Ghasemi K, Shahvari SZ. Electron Physician. 2014 Jul 1
- Effects of extracellular potassium diffusion on electrically coupled neuron networks. Wu XX, Shuai J. Phys Rev E Stat Nonlin Soft Matter Phys. 2015 Feb
- Ionotropic cross-linked carbo-protein micro matrix system: An approach for improvement of drug release, compaction and tabletting behavior of losartan potassium. Khandai M, Chakraborty S, Ghosh AK. Curr Drug Deliv. 2015 Mar 10.
- Effect of Dietary Sodium and Potassium Intake on Left Ventricular Diastolic Function and Mass in Adults ≤40 Years (from the Strong Heart Study). Haring B, Wang W, Lee ET, Jhamnani S, Howard BV, Devereux RB. Am J Cardiol. 2015 Feb 12.
- Effect of adenosine triphosphate-sensitive potassium activation on peripheral and central pain sensitization. Shen S, Cao S, Huang S, Chen J. J Surg Res. 2015 Jan 28.
- Magnolol and honokiol regulate the calcium-activated potassium channels signaling pathway in enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli-induced diarrhea mice. Deng Y, Han X, Tang S, Xiao W, Tan Z, Zhou C, Wang M, Kang J. Eur J Pharmacol. 2015 Mar 11.
- Extracellular sodium and potassium levels modulate cardiac conduction in mice heterozygous null for the Connexin43 gene. George SA, Sciuto KJ, Lin J, Salama ME, Keener JP, Gourdie RG, Poelzing S. Pflugers Arch. 2015 Mar 14.
- Two-pore-domain potassium channels: regulators of many cellular functions. Budde T, Daut J, Kurtz A, Pape HC. Pflugers Arch. 2015 Mar 14.
- Comparison of modified Chicago sky blue stain and potassium hydroxide mount for the diagnosis of dermatomycoses and onychomycoses. Liu Z, Sheng P, Yang YP, Li W, Huang WM, Wang JD, Fan YM. J Microbiol Methods. 2015 Mar 9
- Pretreatment of wheat straw with potassium hydroxide for increasing enzymatic and microbial degradability. Liu X, Zicari SM, Liu G, Li Y, Zhang R. Bioresour Technol. 2015 Feb 17
- [New potassium binders effective: treatment of hyperkalaemia secondary to RAAS inhibitors]. Hoorn EJ. Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd. 2015
- Effects of different cavity-disinfectants and potassium titanyl phosphate laser on microtensile bond strength to primary dentin. Oznurhan F, Ozturk C, Ekci ES. Niger J Clin Pract. 2015 May-Jun
- Palpitations, potassium and the pump. Weiss JN. J Physiol. 2015 Mar 15
- Nitric oxide influences potassium currents in inner hair cells isolated from guinea-pig cochlea. Kimitsuki T. Auris Nasus Larynx. 2015 Mar 10.
- Erratum to: The Protective Effect of Epoxyeicosatrienoic Acids on Cerebral Ischemia/Reperfusion Injury is Associated with PI3K/Akt Pathway and ATP-Sensitive Potassium Channels. Qu YY, Yuan MY, Liu Y, Zhu YL, Xiao XJ. Neurochem Res. 2015 Mar 14.
- Soil microbial response to waste potassium silicate drilling fluid. Yao L, Anne Naeth M, Jobson A. J Environ Sci (China). 2015 Mar 1
Recent Research & Development for Nitrates
- Effects of inorganic nitrate and beetroot supplementation on endothelial function: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Lara J, Ashor AW, Oggioni C, Ahluwalia A, Mathers JC, Siervo M. Eur J Nutr. 2015 Mar 13.
- Miconazole Nitrate Vaginal Suppository 1,200 mg versus Oral Fluconazole 150 mg in Treating Severe Vulvovaginal Candidiasis. Fan S, Liu X, Liang Y. Gynecol Obstet Invest. 2015 Feb 17.
- Nitrite control over dissimilatory nitrate/nitrite reduction pathways in Shewanella loihica strain PV-4. Yoon S, Sanford R, Löffler FE. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2015 Mar 13.
- Skeletal muscle as an endogenous nitrate reservoir. Piknova B, Park JW, Swanson KM, Dey S, Noguchi CT, Schechter AN. Nitric Oxide. 2015 Feb 26
- Remediation of nitrate-nitrogen contaminated groundwater using a pilot-scale two-layer heterotrophic-autotrophic denitrification permeable reactive barrier with spongy iron/pine bark. Huang G, Huang Y, Hu H, Liu F, Zhang Y, Deng R. Chemosphere. 2015 Mar 3
- Seasonal nitrate algorithms for nitrate retrieval using OCEANSAT-2 and MODIS-AQUA satellite data. Durairaj P, Sarangi RK, Ramalingam S, Thirunavukarassu T, Chauhan P. Environ Monit Assess. 2015 Apr
- Effects of nitrate dosing on sulfidogenic and methanogenic activities in sewer sediment. Liu Y, Sharma KR, Ni BJ, Fan L, Murthy S, Tyson GQ, Yuan Z. Water Res. 2015 Feb 17
- Short-Term Effects of a High Nitrate Diet on Nitrate Metabolism in Healthy Individuals. Bondonno CP, Liu AH, Croft KD, Ward NC, Puddey IB, Woodman RJ, Hodgson JM. Nutrients. 2015 Mar 12
- The Nitric Oxide Production in the Moss Physcomitrella patens Is Mediated by Nitrate Reductase. Medina-Andrés R, Solano-Peralta A, Saucedo-Vázquez JP, Napsucialy-Mendivil S, Pimentel-Cabrera JA, Sosa-Torres ME, Dubrovsky JG, Lira-Ruan V. PLoS One. 2015 Mar 5
- Nephrotoxic effects of lead nitrate exposure in diabetic and nondiabetic rats: Involvement of oxidative stress and the protective role of sodium selenite. Ba? H, Kalender Y. Environ Toxicol. 2015 Mar 2.
- Cost-effective bioregeneration of nitrate-laden ion exchange brine through deliberate bicarbonate incorporation. Li Q, Huang B, Chen X, Shi Y. Water Res. 2015 Feb 24
- 50 Years Ago in TheJournal ofPediatrics: Congenital Pyloric Stenosis: A Controlled Evaluation of Medical Treatment Utilizing Methyl-Scopolamine-Nitrate. Gisser JM, Hill ID. J Pediatr. 2015 Mar
- Ni-induced Changes in Nitrate Assimilation and Antioxidant Metabolism of Verbascum olympicum Boiss.: Could the Plant be Useful for Phytoremediation or/and Restoration Purposes? Akpinar A, Arslan H, Güleryüz G, K?rm?z? S, Erdem?r ÜS, Güçer ?. Int J Phytoremediation. 2015
- AtNIGT1/HRS1 integrates nitrate and phosphate signals at the Arabidopsis root tip. Medici A, Marshall-Colon A, Ronzier E, Szponarski W, Wang R, Gojon A, Crawford NM, Ruffel S, Coruzzi GM, Krouk G. Nat Commun. 2015 Feb 27
- Gill histopathologies following exposure to nanosilver or silver nitrate. Hawkins AD, Thornton C, Kennedy AJ, Bu K, Cizdziel J, Jones BW, Steevens JA, Willett KL. J Toxicol Environ Health A. 2015
- Visible light photooxidation of nitrate: the dawn of a nocturnal radical. Hering T, Slanina T, Hancock A, Wille U, König B. Chem Commun (Camb). 2015 Mar 16.
- New organic nitrate-containing benzyloxy isonipecotanilide derivatives with vasodilatory and anti-platelet activity. Candia M, Marini E, Zaetta G, Cellamare S, Stilo AD, Altomare CD. Eur J Pharm Sci. 2015 Mar 10.
- Tepidicaulis marinus gen. nov., sp. nov., a novel marine bacterium reducing nitrate to nitrous oxide strictly under microaerobic conditions. Takeuchi M, Yamagishi T, Kamagata Y, Oshima K, Hattori M, Katayama T, Hanada S, Tamaki H, Marumo K, Maeda H, Nedachi M, Iwasaki W, Suwa Y, Sakata S. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2015 Mar 4.
- Surface Modification of Pt(100) for Electrocatalytic Nitrate Reduction to Dinitrogen in Alkaline Solution. Chen T, Li H, Ma H, Koper MT. Langmuir. 2015 Mar 3.
- Erratum: "Phase diagram of ammonium nitrate" [J. Chem. Phys. 139, 214503 (2013)]. Dunuwille M, Yoo CS. J Chem Phys. 2015 Mar 14