Potassium Nitrate Solution
|Product||Product Code||Order or Specifications|
|(2N) 99% Potassium Nitrate Solution||K-NAT-02-SOL|
|(3N) 99.9% Potassium Nitrate Solution||K-NAT-03-SOL|
|(4N) 99.99% Potassium Nitrate Solution||K-NAT-04-SOL|
|(5N) 99.999% Potassium Nitrate Solution||K-NAT-05-SOL|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Density||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|KNO3||101.11||White to clear liquid||N/A||100.952 g/mol||100.951523 Da||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Potassium Nitrate Solutions are moderate to highly concentrated liquid solutions of Potassium Nitrate. They are an excellent source of Potassium Nitrate for applications requiring solubilized materials. American Elements can prepare dissolved homogenous solutions at customer specified concentrations or to the maximum stoichiometric concentration. Packaging is available in 55 gallon drums, smaller units and larger liquid totes. American Elements maintains solution production facilities in the United States, Northern Europe (Liverpool, UK), Southern Europe (Milan, Italy), Australia and China to allow for lower freight costs and quicker delivery to our customers .American Elements metal and rare earth compound solutions have numerous applications, but are commonly used in petrochemical cracking and automotive catalysts, water treatment, plating, textiles, research and in optic, laser, crystal and glass applications. Ultra high purity and high purity compositions improve both optical quality and usefulness as scientific standards. Nanoscale (See also Nanotechnology Information and Quantum Dots) elemental powders and suspensions, as alternative high surface area forms, may be considered. We also produce Potassium Nitrate Powder. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Potassium (atomic symbol: K, atomic number: 19) is a Block S, Group 1, Period 4 element with an atomic weight of 39.0983. The number of electrons in each of Potassium's shells is [2, 8, 8, 1] and its electron configuration is [Ar] 4s1. The potassium atom has a radius of 227.2 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 275 pm. Potassium was discovered and first isolated by Sir Humphrey Davy in 1807. Potassium is the seventh most abundant element on earth. It is one of the most reactive and electropositive of all metals and rapidly oxidizes. As with other alkali metals, potassium decomposes in water with the evolution of hydrogen; because of its reacts violently with water, it only occurs in nature in ionic salts. In its elemental form, potassium has a silvery gray metallic appearance, but its compounds (such as potassium hydroxide) are more frequently used in industrial and chemical applications. The origin of the element's name comes from the English word 'potash,' meaning pot ashes, and the Arabic word 'qali,' which means alkali. The symbol K originates from the Latin word 'kalium'. For more information on potassium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of potassium products, visit the Potassium Information Center.
HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION
UN 1486 5.1/PG 3
POTASSIUM NITRATE SYNONYMS
PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Potassium
- Comparison of 10% potassium hydroxide solution versus cryotherapy in the treatment of molluscum contagiosum: An open randomized clinical trial. Handjani F, Behazin E, Sadati MS. J Dermatolog Treat. 2014.
- Treatment of pediatric molluscum contagiosum with 10% potassium hydroxide solution. Can B, Topaloglu F, Kavala M, Turkoglu Z, Zindanci I, Sudogan S. J Dermatolog Treat. 2014 Jun.
- Relationships between the leaf and fruit mineral compositions of Actinidia deliciosa var. Hayward according to nitrogen and potassium fertilization. Santoni F, Paolini J, Barboni T, Costa J. Food Chem. 2014 Mar.
- Combined effects of potassium lactate and calcium ascorbate as sodium chloride substitutes on the physicochemical and sensory characteristics of low-sodium frankfurter sausage. Choi YM, Jung KC, Jo HM, Nam KW, Choe JH, Rhee MS, Kim BC. Meat Sci. 2014 Jan.
- Growth, structure and spectral studies of a novel mixed crystal potassium zinc manganese sulphate. Vijila Manonmoni J, Bhagavannarayana G, Ramasamy G, Meenakshisundaram S, Amutha M. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2014 Jan.
- The effect of counter-ions on the ion selectivity of potassium and sodium ions in nanopores. Tang D, Kim D. Biomed Mater Eng. 2014
- Calcium and potassium content in beef: Influences on tenderness and associations with molecular markers in Nellore cattle. Tizioto PC, Gromboni CF, de Araujo Nogueira AR, de Souza MM, de Alvarenga Mudadu M, Tholon P, Rosa Ado N, Tullio RR, Medeiros SR, Nassu RT, de Almeida Regitano LC. Meat Sci. 2014 Jan.
- A Systematic Review of the Uterine Relaxant Effect of Potassium Channel Openers. Hantooshzadeh S, Rezaeizadeh G, Nikfar S, Ghiasi S, Abdollahi M. Curr Drug Discov Technol. 2013 Dec
- Effect of raw material ratios on the compressive strength of magnesium potassium phosphate chemically bonded ceramics. Wang AJ, Yuan ZL, Zhang J, Liu LT, Li JM, Liu Z. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2013 Dec 1.
- Combined effects of potassium sorbate, hot water and thiabendazole against green mould of citrus fruit and residue levels. D'Aquino S, Fadda A, Barberis A, Palma A, Angioni A, Schirra M. Food Chem. 2013 Nov 15.
- Aptamer biosensor for label-free impedance spectroscopy detection of potassium ion based on DNA G-quadruplex conformation. Chen Z, Chen L, Ma H, Zhou T, Li X. Biosens Bioelectron. 2013 Oct 15.
- Protective effects of hydrogen sulfide in a rat model of traumatic brain injury via activation of mitochondrial adenosine triphosphate-sensitive potassium channels and reduction of oxidative stress. Jiang X, Huang Y, Lin W, Gao D, Fei Z. J Surg Res. 2013 Oct
- Influence of metakaolin purities on potassium geopolymer formulation: The existence of several networks. Autef A, Joussein E, Poulesquen A, Gasgnier G, Pronier S, Sobrados I, Sanz J, Rossignol S. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2013 Oct 15.
- Gain control of synaptic response function in cerebellar nuclear neurons by a calcium-activated potassium conductance. Feng SS, Lin R, Gauck V, Jaeger D. Cerebellum. 2013 Oct.
- A computational study of barium blockades in the KcsA potassium channel based on multi-ion potential of mean force calculations and free energy perturbation. Rowley CN, Roux B. J Gen Physiol. 2013 Sep 16.
- Formulation and evaluation of non-effervescent floating tablets of losartan potassium. Getyala A, Gangadharappa HV, Prasad MS, Reddy MP, Kumar TM. Curr Drug Deliv. 2013 Oct. SDF-1a and LPA modulate microglia potassium channels through rho gtpases to regulate cell morphology. Muessel MJ, Harry GJ, Armstrong DL, Storey NM. Glia. 2013 Oct.
- Paradoxical Activation of an Inwardly Rectifying Potassium Channel Mutant by Spermine: "(B)locking" Open the Bundle Crossing Gate. Vilin YY, Nunez JJ, Kim RY, Dake GR, Kurata HT. Mol Pharmacol. 2013 Oct
- Potassium Channel Openers Increase Aortic Elastic Fiber Formation and Reverse the Genetically Determined Elastin Deficit in the BN Rat. Slove S, Lannoy M, Behmoaras J, Pezet M, Sloboda N, Lacolley P, Escoubet B, Buján J, Jacob MP. Hypertension. 2013 Oct.
- Property changes of urinary nanocrystallites and urine of uric acid stone formers after taking potassium citrate. Zhang GN, Ouyang JM, Xue JF, Shang YF. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2013 Oct.
- Subcellular potassium and sodium distribution in Saccharomyces cerevisiae wild-type and vacuolar mutants. Herrera R, Alvarez MC, Gelis S, Ramos J. Biochem J. 2013.
Recent Research & Development for Nitrates
- Screening of assimilatory and dissimilatory denitrifying microbes isolated from nitrate-contaminated water and soil. Seenivasagan R, Rajakumar S, Kasimani R, Ayyasamy PM. Prep Biochem Biotechnol. 2014 Aug.
- Copper, zinc superoxide dismutase and nitrate reductase coimmobilized bienzymatic biosensor for the simultaneous determination of nitrite and nitrate. Madasamy T, Pandiaraj M, Balamurugan M, Bhargava K, Sethy NK, Karunakaran C. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 Feb.
- Stable isotope analysis of plant-derived nitrate - Novel method for discrimination between organically and conventionally grown vegetables. Mihailova A, Pedentchouk N, Kelly SD. Food Chem. 2014 July
- Multicenter, double-blind, parallel group study investigating the non-inferiority of efficacy and safety of a 2% miconazole nitrate shampoo in comparison with a 2% ketoconazole shampoo in the treatment of seborrhoeic dermatitis of the scalp. Buechner SA. J Dermatolog Treat. 2014
- Effect of nitrate ions on the efficiency of sonophotochemical phenol degradation. Zaviska F, Drogui P, El Hachemi EM, Naffrechoux E. Ultrason Sonochem. 2014 Jan.
- Photoluminescence studies on the complexation of Eu(III) and Tb(III) with acetohydroxamic acid (AHA) in nitrate medium. Pathak PN, Mohapatra M, Godbole SV. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2013 Nov.
- A potential carrier based on liquid crystal nanoparticles for ophthalmic delivery of pilocarpine nitrate. Li J, Wu L, Wu W, Wang B, Wang Z, Xin H, Xu Q. Int J Pharm. 2013 Oct.
- Synthesis, growth and characterization of a nonlinear optical crystal: Bis l-proline hydrogen nitrate. Selvaraju K, Kirubavathi K. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2013 Nov.
- Nitrate removal from eutrophic wetlands polluted by metal-mine wastes: Effects of liming and plant growth. González-Alcaraz MN, Conesa HM, Alvarez-Rogel J. J Environ Manage. 2013 Oct.
- Affinity binding via Zinc(II) for controlled orientation and electrochemistry of Histidine-tagged nitrate reductase in self-assembled monolayers. Campbell WH, Henig J, Plumeré N. Bioelectrochemistry. 2013 Oct.
- The nitrate time bomb: a numerical way to investigate nitrate storage and lag time in the unsaturated zone. Wang L, Butcher AS, Stuart ME, Gooddy DC, Bloomfield JP. Environ Geochem Health. 2013 Oct.
- Direct and indirect photodegradation of estriol in the presence of humic acid, nitrate and iron complexes in water solutions. Chen Y, Zhang K, Zuo Y. Sci Total Environ. 2013 Oct.
- Nitrate source apportionment in a subtropical watershed using Bayesian model. Yang L, Han J, Xue J, Zeng L, Shi J, Wu L, Jiang Y. Sci Total Environ. 2013 Oct.
- A novel and efficient synthesis of diverse dihydronaphtho[1,2-b]furans using the ceric ammonium nitrate-catalyzed formal [3 + 2] cycloaddition of 1,4-naphthoquinones to olefins and its application to furomollugin. Xia L, Lee YR. Org Biomol Chem. 2013 Sep.
- Synthesis, spectroscopic (FT-IR/NMR) characterization, X-ray structure and DFT studies on (E)-2-(1-phenylethylidene) hydrazinecarboximidamide nitrate hemimethanol. Ozdemir N, Inkaya E, Saripinar E, Akyüz L, Ilhan IÖ, Aydin S, Dinçer M, Büyükgüngör O. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2013 Oct.
- Comments on the "Nitrate contamination in ground water of some rural areas of Rajasthan, India" by Suthar et al. Satpathy KK, Padhi RK, Samantara MK. Hazard Mater. 2013 Sep.
- Nitrate-based niche differentiation by distinct sulfate-reducing bacteria involved in the anaerobic oxidation of methane. Green-Saxena A, Dekas AE, Dalleska NF, Orphan VJ. ISME J. 2013 Sep.
- Model-Based Integration and Analysis of Biogeochemical and Isotopic Dynamics in a Nitrate-Polluted Pyritic Aquifer. Zhang YC, Prommer H, Broers HP, Slomp CP, Greskowiak J, van der Grift B, Van Cappellen P. Environ Sci Technol. 2013.
- Raman Spectroscopic Study of Temperature and Pressure Effects on the Ionic Liquid Propylammonium Nitrate. Faria LF, Penna TC, Ribeiro MC. J Phys Chem B. 2013 Sep.
- Nitrogen Oxyanion Dependent Dissociation of a Two-Component Complex that Regulates Bacterial Nitrate Assimilation. Luque-Almagro VM, Lyall VJ, Ferguson SJ, Roldan MD, Richardson DJ, Gates AJ. J Biol Chem. 2013.