(2N) 99% • (3N) 99.9% • (4N) 99.99% • (5N) 99.999% • (6N) 99.9999%
HIGH PURITY AND ULTRA HIGH PURITY
METAL AND POWDER
Specializing in High Purity Metals and Powders, American Elements
can purify materials that are known to be difficult to refine but are
essential to many high tech applications and research.
American Elements is the world's leading manufacturer of 99%, 99.9%, 99.99%, 99.999% and 99.9999% high purity metals and powders. American Elements specializes in the preparation and purification of compounds to ultra high purity standards: 2N, 3N, 4N, 5N and 6N with parts per million (ppm) and parts per billion (ppb) level impurities certified.
Managed by Ph.D.-level chemists with decades of high purity production experience, American Elements can purify materials that are known to be difficult to refine but are essential to many high tech applications and research. These include most metals, oxides, and fluorides, the entire rare earth (lanthanide) series, cobalt, europium, rhenium, rubidium, scandium, and others to 99.999% purity. We can reach high purity in forms such as nanoparticles and nanopowders, organo-metallic compounds, sputtering targets, foil, rod, pellets and wire; we also produce specialized high purity materials for fuel cells and solar energy applications.
Rare earth materials are often sold with a 99.99% purity designation, when in fact they are of lower unknown purity because many testing capabilities of production facilities in China calculate the purity of a specific rare earth element as a ratio based on other rare earths in the compound; the relative quantities of all other elements are assumed. Such producers will represent this type of purity as "RE/TREO". American Elements represents its 99.999% purity designation with respect to all elements on the periodic table - a significant advantage to our customers who are involved in the fields of high technology electronics, optics, and pharmaceutical manufacturing.
For example, American Elements can prepare aluminum chloride, erbium chloride and ytterbium chloride hydrates with iron and other transition metals less than 100 ppb. Similar purity levels can be obtained with the other rare earth chlorides.
We have routinely prepared large batches of barium nitrate in a purity of 99.9999% with the largest impurity being strontium at less than .5 ppm. We synthesize cis-dichlorodiammineplatinum (II) in a purity of 99.999% with no other detectable heavy metals.
Among its technical capabilities, our high purity production facility includes several large electric muffle furnaces, a tube furnace for hydrogen reduction, 50 gallon glass-lined Pfaudler reactors, all supported by our extensive analytical laboratory including X-ray diffraction, SEM, AA, BET surface area, and ICP Spectrometry for trace metals analysis.
Recent Research & Development for Ultra High Purity Metals
- Atrens, Andrej, et al. "Production of High Purity Mg-X Rare Earth Binary Alloys Using Zr." Materials Science Forum. Vol. 765. 2013.
- Khalaf, Majid, et al. "Effect of a Simulation of 241Am Deposition Pattern in the Leg Bones on the Detection Efficiency of a High Purity Germanium Detector." Health Physics 105.3 (2013): 227-235.
- Ji, Wenyu, et al. "High color purity ZnSe/ZnS core/shell quantum dot based blue light emitting diodes with an inverted device structure." Applied Physics Letters 103.5 (2013): 053106-053106.
- Saida, K., et al. "Quantitative influence of minor and impurity elements on solidification cracking susceptibility of extra high purity type 310 stainless steel." (2013).
- Tran, Khuyen Thi, et al. "Recovery of magnesium from Uyuni salar brine as high purity magnesium oxalate." Hydrometallurgy (2013).
- Abidin, Nor Ishida Zainal, et al. "The in vivo and in vitro corrosion of high-purity magnesium and magnesium alloys WZ21 and AZ91." Corrosion Science (2013).
- Zhang, Zhiqing, et al. "A comparative study of clock rolling and unidirectional rolling on deformation/recrystallization microstructure and texture of high purity tantalum plates." International Journal of Refractory Metals and Hard Materials (2013).
- Qian, L., J. W. Zhao, and Z. Cui. "Separation and ink formulation of high purity semiconducting single-walled carbon nanotubes with polymers for printed thin film transistors."
- Stepniowski, Wojciech J., and Bogusław Budner. "Fabrication of high quality anodic aluminum oxide (AAO) on low purity aluminum—A comparative study with the AAO produced on high purity aluminum." Electrochimica Acta 105 (2013): 424-432.
- Trusheim, Matthew, et al. "Top-Down, Scalable Fabrication of High Purity Fluorescent Nanodiamonds." CLEO: QELS_Fundamental Science. Optical Society of America, 2013.