Mg(C2H3O2)2 • 4H2O
|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|(2N) 99% Magnesium Acetate||MG-AC-02||Request Quote|
|(3N) 99.9% Magnesium Acetate||MG-AC-03||Request Quote|
|(4N) 99.99% Magnesium Acetate||MG-AC-04||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Magnesium Acetate||MG-AC-05||Request Quote|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|Mg(C2H3O2)2·4H2O||16674-78-5||24896563||19155||MFCD00149214||205-554-9||magnesium acetate tetrahydrate||3730605||[Mg+2].[O
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Density||Exact Mass||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|C4H14MgO8||214.45||White Powder||N/A||82.9983 g/mol||214.053909 Da||+1||Safety Data Sheet|
Magnesium Acetate is a moderately water soluble crystalline Magnesium source that decomposes to Magnesium oxide on heating. It is generally immediately available in most volumes. All metallic acetates are inorganic salts containing a metal cation and the acetate anion, a univalent (-1 charge) polyatomic ion composed of two carbon atoms ionically bound to three hydrogen and two oxygen atoms (Symbol: CH3COO) for a total formula weight of 59.05. Acetates are excellent precursors for production of ultra high purity compounds, catalysts, and nanoscale materials.We also produce Magnesium Acetate Solution. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia)and follows applicable ASTM testing standards.Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement. Acetate is an anion used as a ligand in metal complexes. The formula is CH3CO2-, C2H3O2-, or CH3COO-. Metal acetates are used in biology, printing, vinyl acetate in plastic production, volatile organic esters as solvents and cellulose acetate in photographic films and textiles. Cellulose acetate, one of the first synthetic fibers, is often called acetate.
Magnesium (atomic symbol: Mg, atomic number: 12) is a Block S, Group 2, Period 3 element with an atomic mass of 24.3050. The number of electrons in each of Magnesium's shells is [2, 8, 2] and its electron configuration is [Ne] 3s2. The magnesium atom has a radius of 160 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 173 pm. Magnesium was discovered by Joseph Black in 1775 and first isolated by Sir Humphrey Davy in 1808. Magnesium is the eighth most abundant element in the earth's crust and the fourth most common element in the earth as a whole. In its elemental form, magnesium has a shiny grey metallic appearance and is an extremely reactive. It is can be found in minerals such as brucite, carnallite, dolomite, magnesite, olivine and talc. Commercially, magnesium is primarily used in the creation of strong and lightweight aluminum-magnesium alloys, which have numerous advantages in industrial applications. The name "Magnesium" originates from a Greek district in Thessaly called Magnesia. For more information on magnesium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of magnesium products, visit the Magnesium element page.
HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION
MAGNESIUM ACETATE SYNONYMS
Magnesium Acetate Tetrahydrate, Acetic acid magnesium salt, Acetic acid, magnesium salt, tetrahydrate, Acetic acid magnesium salt, Magnesium acetate, Magnesium Diacetate Tetrahydrate, Magnesiumdiethanoate tetrahydrate, Magnesium diethanoate tetrahydrate
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Magnesium
- [The influence of serum magnesium level on the prognosis of critically ill patients]. Chen M, Sun R, Hu B. Zhonghua Wei Zhong Bing Ji Jiu Yi Xue. 2015 Mar
- Trends in the adsorption and reactivity of hydrogen on magnesium silicate nanoclusters. Oueslati I, Kerkeni B, Bromley ST. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2015 Mar 9.
- A Lewis acid-free and phenolate-based magnesium electrolyte for rechargeable magnesium batteries. Pan B, Zhang J, Huang J, Vaughey JT, Zhang L, Han SD, Burrell AK, Zhang Z, Liao C. Chem Commun (Camb). 2015 Mar 11.
- Role of Cu in Mo6S8 and Cu Mixture cathodes for Magnesium ion batteries. Choi SH, Kim JS, Woo SG, Cho W, Choi SY, Choi J, Lee KT, Park MS, Kim YJ. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 Mar 10.
- Root development under control of magnesium availability. Niu Y, Jin G, Zhang YS. Plant Signal Behav. 2014 Sep
- Reductions of Oxygen, Carbon Dioxide, and Acetonitrile by the Magnesium(II)/Magnesium(I) Couple in Aqueous Media: Theoretical Insights from a Nano-Sized Water Droplet. Lam TW, Zhang H, Siu CK. J Phys Chem A. 2015 Mar 12.
- Hydra viridissima (Green hydra) rapidly recover from multiple magnesium pulse exposures. Prouse AE, Hogan AC, Harford AJ, van Dam RA, Nugegoda D. Environ Toxicol Chem. 2015 Mar 13.
- Magnesium uptake of Arabidopsis transporters, AtMRS2-10 and AtMRS2-11, expressed in Escherichia coli mutants: Complementation and growth inhibition by aluminum. Ishijima S, Uda M, Hirata T, Shibata M, Kitagawa N, Sagami I. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2015 Mar 12.
- Magnesium with micro-arc oxidation coating and polymeric membrane: an in vitro study on microenvironment. Li H, Pan H, Ning C, Tan G, Liao J, Ni G. J Mater Sci Mater Med. 2015 Mar
- Comparison of Anesthetic Efficacy between Lidocaine with and without Magnesium Sulfate USP 50% for Inferior Alveolar Nerve Blocks in Patients with Symptomatic Irreversible Pulpitis. Shetty KP, Satish SV, Kilaru KR, Sardar P, Luke AM. J Endod. 2015 Mar 2.
- Prospects and challenges of iron pyroelectrolysis in magnesium aluminosilicate melts near minimum liquidus temperature. Ferreira NM, Kovalevsky AV, Mikhalev SM, Costa FM, Frade JR. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2015 Mar 11.
- Energetics of Order-Disorder in Layered Magnesium Aluminum Double Hydroxides with Interlayer Carbonate. Shivaramaiah R, Navrotsky A. Inorg Chem. 2015 Mar 9.
- Magnesium lithospermate B and rosmarinic acid, two compounds present in salvia miltiorrhiza, have potent antiviral activity against enterovirus 71 infections. Chung YC, Hsieh FC, Lin YJ, Wu TY, Lin CW, Lin CT, Tang NY, Jinn TR. Eur J Pharmacol. 2015 Mar 12.
- Syntheses and crystal structures of two magnesium-tetrazole compounds in salt and polymeric forms. Bensegueni MA, Cherouana A, Dahaoui S. Acta Crystallogr C Struct Chem. 2015 Mar
- Association of magnesium in serum and urine with carotid intima-media thickness and serum lipids in middle-aged and elderly Chinese: a community-based cross-sectional study. Cao Y, Wang C, Guan K, Xu Y, Su YX, Chen YM. Eur J Nutr. 2015 Mar 7.
- Dietary magnesium deficiency affects gut microbiota and anxiety-like behaviour in C57BL/6N mice. Pyndt Jørgensen B, Winther G, Kihl P, Nielsen DS, Wegener G, Hansen AK, Sørensen DB. Acta Neuropsychiatr. 2015 Mar 16:1-5.
- Phosphorylation and Interaction with the 14-3-3 Protein of the Plasma Membrane H+-ATPase Are Involved in the Regulation of Magnesium-Mediated Increases in Aluminum-Induced Citrate Exudation in Broad Bean (Vicia faba. L). Chen Q, Kan Q, Wang P, Yu W, Yu Y, Zhao Y, Yu XY, Li ZK, Chen ML. Plant Cell Physiol. 2015 Mar 5.
- The association between serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D3 concentration and risk of disease death in men: modification by magnesium intake. Mursu J, Nurmi T, Voutilainen S, Tuomainen TP, Virtanen JK. Eur J Epidemiol. 2015 Mar 12.
- Magnesium Lowers the Incidence of Postoperative Junctional Ectopic Tachycardia in Congenital Heart Surgical Patients: Is There a Relationship to Surgical Procedure Complexity? He D, Sznycer-Taub N, Cheng Y, McCarter R, Jonas RA, Hanumanthaiah S, Moak JP. Pediatr Cardiol. 2015 Mar 12.
- Magnesium intake and depression in adults. Tarleton EK, Littenberg B. J Am Board Fam Med. 2015 Mar-Apr
Recent Research & Development for Acetates
- Lead acetate-induced hepatoxicity in wistar rats: possible protective role of combination therapy. Sharma S, Raghuvanshi S, Jaswal A, Shrivastava S, Shukla S. J Environ Pathol Toxicol Oncol. 2015
- Comparison of hematite facilitated anaerobic digestion of acetate and beef extract. Zhu D, Wang J, Chen TH, Tan J, Yao DF. Environ Technol. 2015 Mar 9:1-15.
- Protective effects of alisol B 23-acetate from edible botanical Rhizoma alismatis against carbon tetrachloride-induced hepatotoxicity in mice. Meng Q, Chen X, Wang C, Liu Q, Sun H, Sun P, Huo X, Liu Z, Liu K. Food Funct. 2015 Mar 6.
- Two new cucurbitane-type triterpenoid saponins isolated from ethyl acetate extract of Citrullus colocynthis fruit. Song F, Dai B, Zhang HY, Xie JW, Gu CZ, Zhang J. J Asian Nat Prod Res. 2015 Mar 11:1-6.
- Comparison of the effects of chlormadinone acetate versus drospirenone containing oral contraceptives on metabolic and hormonal parameters in women with PCOS for a period of two-year follow-up. Yildizhan R, Gokce AI, Yildizhan B, Cim N. Gynecol Endocrinol. 2015 Mar 4:1-5.
- Sequencing of Cabazitaxel and Abiraterone Acetate After Docetaxel in Metastatic Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer: Treatment Patterns and Clinical Outcomes in Multicenter Community-Based US Oncology Practices. Sonpavde G, Bhor M, Hennessy D, Bhowmik D, Shen L, Nicacio L, Rembert D, Yap M, Schnadig I. Clin Genitourin Cancer. 2015 Jan 9.
- Chemical sterilisation of Bos indicus bull calves following intratesticular injection of zinc acetate: Effects on semen quality and testicular changes. Cavalieri J, Wang M, Johnson L. Anim Reprod Sci. 2015 Feb 12.
- Communication: Observation of dipole-bound state and high-resolution photoelectron imaging of cold acetate anions. Huang DL, Zhu GZ, Wang LS. J Chem Phys. 2015 Mar 7
- Molecular and Histopathological Study on the Ameliorative Effects of Curcumin Against Lead Acetate-Induced Hepatotoxicity and Nephrototoxicity in Wistar Rats. Soliman MM, Baiomy AA, Yassin MH. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2015 Mar 11.
- Halide Abstraction from Halogenated Acetate Ligands by Actinyls: A Competition between Bond Breaking and Bond Making. Dau PD, Gibson JK. J Phys Chem A. 2015 Mar 12.
- Drug safety evaluation of ulipristal acetate in the treatment of uterine fibroids. Tafi E, Scala C, Leone Roberti Maggiore U, Bizzarri N, Candiani M, Venturini PL, Ferrero S. Expert Opin Drug Saf. 2015 Mar 14:1-13.
- Agreement of the Kato-Katz test established by the WHO with samples fixed with sodium acetate analyzed at 6 months to diagnose intestinal geohelminthes. Fernández-Niño JA, Ramírez JD, López MC, Moncada LI, Reyes P, Heredia RD. Acta Trop. 2015 Mar 11.
- Medroxyprogesterone acetate impairs human dendritic cell activation and function. Quispe Calla NE, Ghonime MG, Cherpes TL, Vicetti Miguel RD. Hum Reprod. 2015 Mar 3.
- Synthetic progestins medroxyprogesterone acetate and dydrogesterone and their binary mixtures adversely affect reproduction and lead to histological and transcriptional alterations in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Zhao Y, Castiglioni S, Fent K. Environ Sci Technol. 2015 Mar 5.
- Antioxidative effects of ethyl 2-(3-(benzo[d]thiazol-2-yl)ureido)acetate against amyloid β-induced oxidative cell death via NF-kB, GSK-3β and β-catenin signaling pathways in cultured cortical neurons. Kim EA, Cho CH, Kim DW, Choi SY, Huh JW, Cho SW. Free Radic Res. 2015 Mar 6:1-11.
- Evidence of syntrophic acetate oxidation by Spirochaetes during anaerobic methane production. Lee SH, Park JH, Kim SH, Yu BJ, Yoon JJ, Park HD. Bioresour Technol. 2015 Feb 21.
- Effects of ulipristal acetate on human embryo attachment and endometrial cell gene expression in an in vitro co-culture system. Berger C, Boggavarapu NR, Menezes J, Lalitkumar PG, Gemzell-Danielsson K. Hum Reprod. 2015 Apr
- The Role of Active Site Residues in ATP Binding and Catalysis in the Methanosarcina thermophila Acetate Kinase. Ingram-Smith C, Wharton J, Reinholz C, Doucet T, Hesler R, Smith K. Life (Basel). 2015 Mar 12
- Coeliac disease: Larazotide acetate improves symptoms of coeliac disease more than gluten-free diet alone. [No authors listed] Nat Rev Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2015 Mar 10.
- Enzymatic Production of Biodiesel from Microalgal Oil using Ethyl Acetate as an Acyl Acceptor. Alavijeh RS, Tabandeh F, Tavakoli O, Karkhane A, Shariati P. J Oleo Sci. 2015