|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Sodium Silicide Powder||NA-SID-05-P||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Sodium Silicide Ingot||NA-SID-05-I||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Sodium Silicide Chunk||NA-SID-05-CK||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Sodium Silicide Sputtering Target||NA-SID-05-ST||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Sodium Silicide Lump||NA-SID-05-L||Request Quote|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Density||Exact Mass||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|NaSi||51.08||Black-gray crystalline powder||N/A||N/A||1.7||50.966696||50.966696||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Sodium Silicide is a water insoluble Silicon source for use in oxygen-sensitive applications, such as metal production. Certain fluoride compounds can be produced at nanoscale and in ultra high purity forms. Sodium Silicide is generally immediately available in most volumes. Ultra high purity and high purity compositions improve both optical quality and usefulness as scientific standards. Nanoscale elemental powders and suspensions, as alternative high surface area forms, may be considered. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Sodium (atomic symbol: Na, atomic number: 11) is a Block D, Group 5, Period 4 element with an atomic weight of 22.989769. The number of electrons in each of Sodium's shells is [2, 8, 1] and its electron configuration is [Ne] 3s1.The sodium atom has a radius of 185.8 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 227 pm. Sodium was discovered and first isolated by Sir Humphrey Davy in 1807. In its elemental form, sodium has a silvery-white metallic appearance. It is the sixth most abundant element, making up 2.6 % of the earth's crust. Sodium does not occur in nature as a free element and must be extracted from its compounds (e.g., feldspars, sodalite, and rock salt). The name Sodium is thought to come from the Arabic word suda, meaning "headache" (due to sodium carbonate's headache-alleviating properties), and its elemental symbol Na comes from natrium, its Latin name. For more information on sodium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of sodium products, visit the Sodium element page.
Silicon (atomic symbol: Si, atomic number: 14) is a Block P, Group 14, Period 3 element with an atomic weight of 28.085. The number of electrons in each of Silicon's shells is 2, 8, 4 and its electron configuration is [Ne] 3s2 3p2. The silicon atom has a radius of 111 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 210 pm. Silicon was discovered and first isolated by Jöns Jacob Berzelius in 1823. Silicon makes up 25.7% of the earth's crust, by weight, and is the second most abundant element, exceeded only by oxygen. The metalloid is rarely found in pure crystal form and is usually produced from the iron-silicon alloy ferrosilicon. Silica (or silicon dioxide), as sand, is a principal ingredient of glass, one of the most inexpensive of materials with excellent mechanical, optical, thermal, and electrical properties. Ultra high purity silicon can be doped with boron, gallium, phosphorus, or arsenic to produce silicon for use in transistors, solar cells, rectifiers, and other solid-state devices which are used extensively in the electronics industry.The name Silicon originates from the Latin word silex which means flint or hard stone. For more information on silicon, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of silicon products, visit the Silicon element page.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Transport Information||UN 2813 4.3/PG I|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Sodium
- Agreement of the Kato-Katz test established by the WHO with samples fixed with sodium acetate analyzed at 6 months to diagnose intestinal geohelminthes. Fernández-Niño JA, Ramírez JD, López MC, Moncada LI, Reyes P, Heredia RD. Acta Trop. 2015 Mar 11.
- A Novel hNIS/tdTomato Fusion Reporter for Visualizing the Relationship Between the Cellular Localization of Sodium Iodide Symporter and Its Iodine Uptake Function Under Heat Shock Treatment. Yeom CJ, Chung T, Youn H, Kang KW, Lee DS, Chung JK. Mol Imaging. 2015 Mar 1
- Cell-free expression of a functional pore-only sodium channel. Kovácsová G, Gustavsson E, Wang J, Kreir M, Peuker S, Westenhoff S. Protein Expr Purif. 2015 Mar 11.
- Deranged sodium to sudden death. Clancy CE, Chen-Izu Y, Bers DM, Belardinelli L, Boyden PA, Csernoch L, Despa S, Fermini B, Hool LC, Izu L, Kass RS, Lederer WJ, Louch WE, Maack C, Matiazzi A, Qu Z, Rajamani S, Rippinger CM, Sejersted OM, O'Rourke B, Weiss JN, Varró A, Zaza A. J Physiol. 2015 Mar 15
- Optimization of alkaline sulfite pretreatment and comparative study with sodium hydroxide pretreatment for improving enzymatic digestibility of corn stover. Liu H, Pang B, Wang H, Li H, Lu J, Niu M. J Agric Food Chem. 2015 Mar 15.
- Sodium and calcium regulation in cardiac myocytes: from molecules to heart failure and arrhythmia. Bers DM, Chen-Izu Y. J Physiol. 2015 Mar 15
- Scn1b deletion leads to increased tetrodotoxin-sensitive sodium current, altered intracellular calcium homeostasis and arrhythmias in murine hearts. Lin X, O'Malley H, Chen C, Auerbach D, Foster M, Shekhar A, Zhang M, Coetzee W, Jalife J, Fishman GI, Isom L, Delmar M. J Physiol. 2015 Mar 15
- The Significance of Duration and Amount of Sodium Reduction Intervention in Normotensive and Hypertensive Individuals: A Meta-Analysis. Graudal N, Hubeck-Graudal T, Jürgens G, McCarron DA. Adv Nutr. 2015 Mar 13
- Sodium selenate reduces hyperphosphorylated tau and improves outcomes after traumatic brain injury. Shultz SR, Wright DK, Zheng P, Stuchbery R, Liu SJ, Sashindranath M, Medcalf RL, Johnston LA, Hovens CM, Jones NC, O'Brien TJ. Brain. 2015 Mar 13.
- [Acute renal failure and hearing loss due to sodium bromate intoxication]. Kitamoto T. Chudoku Kenkyu. 2014 Dec
- Reduced-Sodium Lunches Are Well-Accepted by Uninformed Consumers Over a 3-Week Period and Result in Decreased Daily Dietary Sodium Intakes: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Janssen AM, Kremer S, van Stipriaan WL, Noort MW, de Vries JH, Temme EH. J Acad Nutr Diet. 2015 Mar 11.
- Sodium-calcium Exchanger 1 Regulates Epithelial Cell Migration via Calcium-Dependent Extracellular-Signal-Regulated Kinase Signaling. Balasubramaniam SL, Gopalakrishnapillai A, Gangadharan V, Duncan RL, Barwe SP. J Biol Chem. 2015 Mar 13.
- Sodium Butyrate Ameliorates l-Arginine-Induced Pancreatitis and Associated Fibrosis in Wistar Rat: Role of Inflammation and Nitrosative Stress. Kanika G, Khan S, Jena G. J Biochem Mol Toxicol. 2015 Mar 14.
- Uptake of Dietary Sodium Restriction by Overweight and Obese Patients After Cardiac Revascularization. Young L, Barnason S. Rehabil Nurs. 2015 Mar 14.
- Contribution of sodium channel neuronal isoform Nav 1.1 to late sodium current in ventricular myocytes from failing hearts. Mishra S, Reznikov V, Maltsev VA, Undrovinas NA, Sabbah HN, Undrovinas A. J Physiol. 2015 Mar 15
- Effect of Dietary Sodium and Potassium Intake on Left Ventricular Diastolic Function and Mass in Adults ≤40 Years (from the Strong Heart Study). Haring B, Wang W, Lee ET, Jhamnani S, Howard BV, Devereux RB. Am J Cardiol. 2015 Feb 12.
- Efficacy of low concentrations of sodium hypochlorite and low powered Er,Cr:YSGG laser activated irrigation against an Enterococcus faecalis biofilm. Christo JE, Zilm PS, Sullivan T, Cathro PR. Int Endod J. 2015 Mar 13.
- Agreement between whole blood and plasma sodium measurements in profound hyponatremia. Geoghegan P, Koch CD, Wockenfus AM, Harrison AM, Dong Y, Kashani KB, Karon BS. Clin Biochem. 2015 Mar 12.
- Relationship between Decrease in Serum Sodium Level and Bone Mineral Density in Osteoporotic Fracture Patients. Kwak MK, Choi D, Lee JH, Kim HJ, Park HK, Suh KI, Yoo MH, Byun DW. J Bone Metab. 2015 Feb
- Extracellular sodium and potassium levels modulate cardiac conduction in mice heterozygous null for the Connexin43 gene. George SA, Sciuto KJ, Lin J, Salama ME, Keener JP, Gourdie RG, Poelzing S. Pflugers Arch. 2015 Mar 14.
Recent Research & Development for Silicides
- Dynamic observation on the growth behaviors in manganese silicide/silicon nanowire heterostructures. Hsieh YH, Chiu CH, Huang CW, Chen JY, Lin WJ, Wu WW. Nanoscale. 2015 Feb 7
- Crystal structure of the ternary silicide Gd2Re3Si5. Fedyna V, Kozak R, Gladyshevskii R. Acta Crystallogr Sect E Struct Rep Online. 2014 Nov 8
- Silicide induced ion beam patterning of Si(001). Engler M, Frost F, Müller S, Macko S, Will M, Feder R, Spemann D, Hübner R, Facsko S, Michely T. Nanotechnology. 2014 Mar 21
- Polarization-independent dual-band terahertz metamaterial absorbers based on gold/parylene-C/silicide structure. Wen Y, Ma W, Bailey J, Matmon G, Yu X, Aeppli G. Appl Opt. 2013 Jul 1
- Photocatalytic hydrogen evolution over β-iron silicide under infrared-light irradiation. Yoshimizu M, Kobayashi R, Saegusa M, Takashima T, Funakubo H, Akiyama K, Matsumoto Y, Irie H. Chem Commun (Camb). 2015 Feb 18
- Defect-free erbium silicide formation using an ultrathin Ni interlayer. Choi J, Choi S, Kang YS, Na S, Lee HJ, Cho MH, Kim H. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2014 Aug 27
- Silicide formation process of Er films with Ta and TaN capping layers. Choi J, Choi S, Kim J, Na S, Lee HJ, Lee SH, Kim H. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2013 Dec 11
- Dry-air-stable lithium silicide-lithium oxide core-shell nanoparticles as high-capacity prelithiation reagents. Zhao J, Lu Z, Liu N, Lee HW, McDowell MT, Cui Y. Nat Commun. 2014 Oct 3
- Template-directed atomically precise self-organization of perfectly ordered parallel cerium silicide nanowire arrays on Si(110)-16 × 2 surfaces. Hong IeH, Liao YC, Tsai YF. Nanoscale Res Lett. 2013 Nov 5
- Charge retention characteristics of silicide-induced crystallized polycrystalline silicon floating gate thin-film transistors for active matrix organic light-emitting diode. Park JH, Son SW, Byun CW, Kim HY, Joo SN, Lee YW, Yun SJ, Joo SK. J Nanosci Nanotechnol. 2013 Oct
- Crystal and electronic structure of the lithium-rich silver silicide Li12Ag(1-x)Si4 (x=0.15). Slabon A, Budnyk S, Cuervo-Reyes E, Wörle M, Verel R, Nesper R. Chemistry. 2013 Dec 2
- Aluminum silicide microparticles transformed from aluminum thin films by hypoeutectic interdiffusion. Noh JS. Nanoscale Res Lett. 2014 Jun 21
- Thermoelectric properties of higher manganese silicide/multi-walled carbon nanotube composites. Truong DY, Kleinke H, Gascoin F. Dalton Trans. 2014 Oct 28
- Fabrication and RF characterization of a single nickel silicide nanowire for an interconnect. Lee D, Kang M, Hong S, Hwang D, Heo K, Joo WJ, Kim S, Whang D, Hwang SW. J Nanosci Nanotechnol. 2013 Sep
- Solution synthesis of metal silicide nanoparticles. McEnaney JM, Schaak RE. Inorg Chem. 2015 Feb 2
- Revealing lithium-silicide phase transformations in nano-structured silicon-based lithium ion batteries via in situ NMR spectroscopy. Ogata K, Salager E, Kerr CJ, Fraser AE, Ducati C, Morris AJ, Hofmann S, Grey CP. Nat Commun. 2014
- Lithium silicide nanocrystals: synthesis, chemical stability, thermal stability, and carbon encapsulation. Cloud JE, Wang Y, Li X, Yoder TS, Yang Y, Yang Y. Inorg Chem. 2014 Oct 20
- Comparative study of metallic silicide-germanide orthorhombic MnP systems. Connétable D, Thomas O. J Phys Condens Matter. 2013 Sep 4
- Effect of silicide/silicon hetero-junction structure on thermal conductivity and Seebeck coefficient. Choi W, Park YS, Hyun Y, Zyung T, Kim J, Kim S, Jeon H, Shin M, Jang M. J Nanosci Nanotechnol. 2013 Dec
- Polaronic transport and current blockades in epitaxial silicide nanowires and nanowire arrays. Iancu V, Zhang XG, Kim TH, Menard LD, Kent PR, Woodson ME, Ramsey JM, Li AP, Weitering HH. Nano Lett. 2013 Aug 14