Silicon Carbide Nitride Nanoparticles
|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|(2N) 99% Silicon Carbide Nitride Nanoparticles||SI-CN-02-NP||Request Quote|
|(3N) 99.9% Silicon Carbide Nitride Nanoparticles||SI-CN-03-NP||Request Quote|
|(4N) 99.99% Silicon Carbide Nitride Nanoparticles||SI-CN-04-NP||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Silicon Carbide Nitride Nanoparticles||SI-CN-05-NP||Request Quote|
Silicon Carbide Nitride Nanoparticles, whiskers, nanodots or nanopowder are spherical high surface area particles. Nanoscale Nitride Bonded Silicon Carbide particles are typically 10 - 150 nanometers (nm) with specific surface area (SSA) in the 10 - 75 m 2 /g range. Nano Silicon Carbide Particles are also available in ultra high purity and high purity and coated and dispersed forms. They are also available as a nanofluid through the AE Nanofluid production group. Nanofluids are generally defined as suspended nanoparticles in solution either using surfactant or surface charge technology. Nanofluid dispersion and coating selection technical guidance is also available. Other nanostructures include nanorods, nanowhiskers, nanohorns, nanopyramids and other nanocomposites. Surface functionalized nanoparticles allow for the particles to be preferentially adsorbed at the surface interface using chemically bound polymers.
Silicon (atomic symbol: Si, atomic number: 14) is a Block P, Group 14, Period 3 element with an atomic weight of 28.085. The number of electrons in each of Silicon's shells is 2, 8, 4 and its electron configuration is [Ne] 3s2 3p2. The silicon atom has a radius of 111 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 210 pm. Silicon was discovered and first isolated by Jöns Jacob Berzelius in 1823. Silicon makes up 25.7% of the earth's crust, by weight, and is the second most abundant element, exceeded only by oxygen. The metalloid is rarely found in pure crystal form and is usually produced from the iron-silicon alloy ferrosilicon. Silica (or silicon dioxide), as sand, is a principal ingredient of glass, one of the most inexpensive of materials with excellent mechanical, optical, thermal, and electrical properties. Ultra high purity silicon can be doped with boron, gallium, phosphorus, or arsenic to produce silicon for use in transistors, solar cells, rectifiers, and other solid-state devices which are used extensively in the electronics industry.The name Silicon originates from the Latin word silex which means flint or hard stone. For more information on silicon, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of silicon products, visit the Silicon element page.
Carbon is a Block P, Group 12, Period 2 element. The number of electrons in each of Carbon's shells is 2, 4 and its electron configuration is [He] 2s2 2p2. In its elemental form, carbon's CAS number is 7440-44-0. Carbon is at the same time one of the softest (graphite) and hardest (diamond) materials found in nature. It is the 15th most abundant element in the Earth's crust, and the fourth most abundant element (by mass) in the universe after hydrogen, helium, and oxygen. Carbon was discovered by the Egyptians and Sumerians circa 3750 BC. It was first recognized as an element by Antoine Lavoisierby in 1789. For more information on carbon, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of carbon products, visit the Carbon element page.
|CUSTOMERS FOR SILICON CARBIDE NITRIDE NANOPARTICLES HAVE ALSO LOOKED AT|
|Silicon Chloride||Silicon Foil||Aluminium Silicon Magnesium Alloy||Silicon Nanoparticles||Silicon Pellets|
|Silicon Fluoride||Silicon Metal||Silicon Acetate Solution||Silicon 2 - Ethylhexanoate||Silicon Oxide Pellets|
|Calcium Silicon Alloy||Silicon Oxide||Silicon Nanoparticles||Silicon Sputtering Target||Silicon Wire|
|Show Me MORE Forms of Silicon|
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Silicon
- 3D hierarchical assembly of ultrathin MnO2 nanoflakes on silicon nanowires for high performance micro-supercapacitors in Li- doped ionic liquid.. Dubal DP, Aradilla D, Bidan G, Gentile P, Schubert TJ, Wimberg J, Sadki S, Gomez-Romero P.. Sci Rep. 2015 May 18
- Stabilization of elusive silicon oxides.. Wang Y, Chen M, Xie Y, Wei P, Schaefer HF 3rd, Schleyer Pv, Robinson GH.. Nat Chem. 2015 Jun
- Main group chemistry: Small silicon oxides isolated.. Apeloig Y.. Nat Chem. 2015 May 20
- Phonon Engineering in Isotopically Disordered Silicon Nanowires.. Mukherjee S, Givan U, Senz S, Bergeron A, Francoeur S, de la Mata M, Arbiol J, Sekiguchi T, Itoh KM, Isheim D, Seidman DN, Moutanabbir O.. Nano Lett. 2015 May 20.
- Lithiation of Silicon Nanoparticles Confined in Carbon Nanotubes. Yu WJ, Liu C, Hou PX, Zhang L, Shan XY, Li F, Cheng HM. ACS Nano. 2015 Apr 13. : ACS Nano
- Origins of conductivity improvement in fluoride-enhanced silicon doping of ZnO films. Rashidi N, Vai AT, Kuznetsov VL, Dilworth JR, Edwards PP. Chem Commun (Camb). 2015 Apr 16. : Chem Commun (Camb)
- The photodynamic antibacterial effects of silicon phthalocyanine (pc) 4. Dimaano ML, Rozario C, Nerandzic MM, Donskey CJ, Lam M, Baron ED. Int J Mol Sci. 2015 Apr 8: Int J Mol Sci
- Uniformity and passivation research of Al2O3 film on silicon substrate prepared by plasma-enhanced atom layer deposition. Jia E, Zhou C, Wang W. Nanoscale Res Lett. 2015 Mar 13: Nanoscale Res Lett
- High-Speed GaN/GaInN nanowire array LED on Silicon (111). Köster R, Sager D, Quitsch WA, Pfingsten O, Poloczek A, Blumenthal S, Keller G, Prost W, Bacher G, Tegude FJ. Nano Lett. 2015 Mar 10.
- Carbon p Electron Ferromagnetism in Silicon Carbide. Wang Y, Liu Y, Wang G, Anwand W, Jenkins CA, Arenholz E, Munnik F, Gordan OD, Salvan G, Zahn DR, Chen X, Gemming S, Helm M, Zhou S. Sci Rep. 2015 Mar 11
- Complete magnesiothermic reduction reaction of vertically aligned mesoporous silica channels to form pure silicon nanoparticles. Kim KH, Lee DJ, Cho KM, Kim SJ, Park JK, Jung HT. Sci Rep. 2015 Mar 11
Recent Research & Development for Carbides
- Quantum Hall resistance standards from graphene grown by chemical vapour deposition on silicon carbide.. Lafont F, Ribeiro-Palau R, Kazazis D, Michon A, Couturaud O, Consejo C, Chassagne T, Zielinski M, Portail M, Jouault B, Schopfer F, Poirier W.. Nat Commun. 2015 Apr 20
- Optical properties of zirconium carbide in 60-200 Å wavelength region using x-ray reflectivity technique.. Singh A, Modi MH, Lodha GS.. Appl Opt. 2015 Jan 10
- THz saturable absorption in turbostratic multilayer graphene on silicon carbide.. Bianco F, Miseikis V, Convertino D, Xu JH, Castellano F, Beere HE, Ritchie DA, Vitiello MS, Tredicucci A, Coletti C.. Opt Express. 2015 May 4
- Nitrogen-doped Graphene-Supported Transition-metals Carbide Electrocatalysts for Oxygen Reduction Reaction.. Chen M, Liu J, Zhou W, Lin J, Shen Z.. Sci Rep. 2015 May 22
- Nanostructured vanadium carbide thin films produced by RF magnetron sputtering.. Pat S, Korkmaz Ş.. Scanning. 2015 Mar 30.
- Confining Iron Carbide Nanocrystals inside CNx@CNT toward an Efficient Electrocatalyst for Oxygen Reduction Reaction.. Zhang Y, Jiang WJ, Guo L, Zhang X, Hu JS, Wei Z, Wan LJ.. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 May 22.
- Oxidative stress in bacteria (Pseudomonas putida) exposed to nanostructures of silicon carbide.. Borkowski A, Szala M, Kowalczyk P, Cłapa T, Narożna D, Selwet M.. Chemosphere. 2015 May 7
- A metallic superhard boron carbide: first-principles calculations.. Ma M, Yang B, Li Z, Hu M, Wang Q, Cui L, Yu D, He J.. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2015 Apr 1
- Annealing-dependent electrical properties of Ga-doped ZnO film on silicon carbide.. Koo SM, Lee JH, Kang MS.. J Nanosci Nanotechnol. 2014 Dec
- Tungsten Carbide-Cobalt Nanoparticles Induce Reactive Oxygen Species, AKT, ERK, AP-1, NF-κB, VEGF, and Angiogenesis.. Liu LZ, Ding M, Zheng JZ, Zhu Y, Fenderson BA, Li B, Yu JJ, Jiang BH.. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2015 Apr 19.
Recent Research & Development for Nitrides
- Size-dependent resistive switching properties of the active region in nickel nitride-based crossbar array resistive random access memory.. Kim HD, Yun MJ, Hong SM, Kim TG.. J Nanosci Nanotechnol. 2014 Dec
- Thermal conductivity of polymer-based composites with magnetic aligned hexagonal boron nitride platelets.. Yuan C, Duan B, Li L, Xie B, Huang M, Luo X.. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 May 21.
- Ultralight boron nitride aerogels via template-assisted chemical vapor deposition.. Song Y, Li B, Yang S, Ding G, Zhang C, Xie X.. Sci Rep. 2015 May 15
- Reactively sputtered nickel nitride as electrocatalytic counter electrode for dye- and quantum dot-sensitized solar cells.. Soo Kang J, Park MA, Kim JY, Ha Park S, Young Chung D, Yu SH, Kim J, Park J, Choi JW, Jae Lee K, Jeong J, Jae Ko M, Ahn KS, Sung YE.. Sci Rep. 2015 May 21
- Communication: Water on hexagonal boron nitride from diffusion Monte Carlo.. Al-Hamdani YS, Ma M, Alfè D, von Lilienfeld OA, Michaelides A.. J Chem Phys. 2015 May 14
- DNA-functionalized silicon nitride nanopores for sequence-specific recognition of DNA biosensor.. Tan S, Wang L, Yu J, Hou C, Jiang R, Li Y, Liu Q.. Nanoscale Res Lett. 2015 May 1
- Epitaxial Growth of a Single-Crystal Hybridized Boron Nitride and Graphene Layer on a Wide-Band Gap Semiconductor.. Shin HC, Jang Y, Kim TH, Lee JH, Oh DH, Ahn SJ, Lee JH, Moon Y, Park JH, Yoo SJ, Park CY, Whang D, Yang CW, Ahn JR.. J Am Chem Soc. 2015 May 22.
- Low-loss silicon nitride waveguide hybridly integrated with colloidal quantum dots.. Xie W, Zhu Y, Aubert T, Verstuyft S, Hens Z, Van Thourhout D.. Opt Express. 2015 May 4
- Suspended 2-D photonic crystal aluminum nitride membrane reflector.. Ho CP, Pitchappa P, Soon BW, Lee C.. Opt Express. 2015 Apr 20
- Opening of triangular hole in triangular-shaped chemical vapor deposited hexagonal boron nitride crystal.. Sharma S, Kalita G, Vishwakarma R, Zulkifli Z, Tanemura M.. Sci Rep. 2015 May 21