Silicon Carbide Nitrate Nanoparticles
Silicon Carbide Nitrate Nanoparticle, whiskers, nanodots or nanopowder are spherical high surface area particles. Nanoscale Silicon Carbide Particles are typically 10 - 150 nanometers (nm) with specific surface area (SSA) in the 10 - 75 m 2 /g range. Nano Silicon Carbide Particles are also available in ultra high purity and high purity and coated and dispersed forms. They are also available as a nanofluid through the AE Nanofluid production group. Nanofluids are generally defined as suspended nanoparticles in solution either using surfactant or surface charge technology. Nanofluid dispersion and coating selection technical guidance is also available. Other nanostructures include nanorods, nanowhiskers, nanohorns, nanopyramids and other nanocomposites. Surface functionalized nanoparticles allow for the particles to be preferentially adsorbed at the surface interface using chemically bound polymers.
Silicon (atomic symbol: Si, atomic number: 14) is a Block P, Group 14, Period 3 element with an atomic weight of 28.085. The number of electrons in each of Silicon's shells is 2, 8, 4 and its electron configuration is [Ne] 3s2 3p2. The silicon atom has a radius of 111 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 210 pm. Silicon was discovered and first isolated by Jöns Jacob Berzelius in 1823. Silicon makes up 25.7% of the earth's crust, by weight, and is the second most abundant element, exceeded only by oxygen. The metalloid is rarely found in pure crystal form and is usually produced from the iron-silicon alloy Ferrosilicon. Silica (or silicon oxide), as sand, is a principal ingredient of glass, one of the most inexpensive of materials with excellent mechanical, optical, thermal, and electrical properties. Ultra high purity silicon can be doped with boron, gallium, phosphorus, or arsenic to produce silicon for use in transistors, solar cells, rectifiers, and other solid-state devices which are used extensively in the electronics industry.The name Silicon originates from the Latin word "silex" which means flint or hard stone. For more information on silicon, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of silicon products, visit the Silicon Information Center.
Carbon is a Block P, Group 12, Period 2 element. The number of electrons in each of Carbon's shells is 2, 4 and its electron configuration is [He] 2s2 2p2. In its elemental form, carbon's CAS number is 7440-44-0. Carbon is at the same time one of the softest (graphite) and hardest (diamond) materials found in nature. It is the 15th most abundant element in the Earth's crust, and the fourth most abundant element (by mass) in the universe after hydrogen, helium, and oxygen. Carbon was discovered by the Egyptians and Sumerians circa 3750 BC. It was first recognized as an element by Antoine Lavoisierby in 1789. For more information on carbon, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of carbon products, visit the Carbon Information Center.
CUSTOMERS FOR SILICON CARBIDE NITRATE NANOPARTICLES HAVE ALSO LOOKED AT
|Show Me MORE Forms of Silicon|
PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Silicon
- Highly sensitive covalently functionalised integrated silicon nanowire biosensor devices for detection of cancer risk biomarker. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 create date:2013/09/26 | first author:Mohd Azmi MA
- Monitoring intracellular calcium in response to GPCR activation using thin-film silicon photodiodes with integrated fluorescence filters. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 create date:2013/09/24 | first author:Martins SA
- Silicon species in seawater. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2014 create date:2013/10/12 | first author:Exley C
- The influence of inelastic scattering on EFTEM images-exemplified at 20kV for graphene and silicon. Lee Z, Rose H, Hambach R, Wachsmuth P, Kaiser U. Ultramicroscopy. 2013 Nov
- Letter to Editor: Concerning the comments Silicon Species in Seawater" by Professor Exley and Professor Sjöberg." Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2014 create date:2013/10/03 | first author:Tanaka M
- Polycation-functionalized nanoporous silicon particles for gene silencing on breast cancer cells. Biomaterials. 2014 create date:2013/10/10 | first author:Zhang M
- Poly-silicon nanowire sensor for sodium chloride concentration measurement. Biomed Mater Eng. 2014 create date:2013/11/12 | first author:Kan YC
- Fabrication of broadband poly(vinylidene difluoride-trifluroethylene) line-focus ultrasonic transducers for surface acoustic wave measurements of anisotropy of a (100) silicon wafer. Lu Y, He C, Song G, Wu B, Chung CH, Lee YC. Ultrasonics. 2014 Jan
- Tumour homing peptide-functionalized porous silicon nanovectors for cancer therapy. Kinnari PJ, Hyvönen ML, Mäkilä EM, Kaasalainen MH, Rivinoja A, Salonen JJ, Hirvonen JT, Laakkonen PM, Santos HA. Biomaterials. 2013 Dec
- Sensitive detection of protein and miRNA cancer biomarkers using silicon-based photonic crystals and a resonance coupling laser scanning platform. George S, Chaudhery V, Lu M, Takagi M, Amro N, Pokhriyal A, Tan Y, Ferreira P, Cunningham BT. Lab Chip. 2013 Oct 21
- Electrodeposition of silicon nanotubes at room temperature using ionic liquid. Mallet J, Martineau F, Namur K, Molinari M. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2013 Oct 21
- Supercritical carbon dioxide assisted silicon based finishing of cellulosic fabric: A novel approach. Mohamed AL, Er-Rafik M, Moller M. Carbohydr Polym. 2013 Oct 15
- Gold nanoparticles deposited on linker-free silicon substrate and embedded in aluminum Schottky contact. Gorji MS, Razak KA, Cheong KY. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2013 Oct 15
- Highly robust silicon nanowire/graphene core-shell electrodes without polymeric binders. Lee SE, Kim HJ, Kim H, Park JH, Choi DG. Nanoscale. 2013 Oct 7
- A computational investigation of nickel (silicides) as potential contact layers for silicon photovoltaic cells. Butler KT, Harding JH. J Phys Condens Matter. 2013 Oct 2
- First-principles prediction of a new Dirac-fermion material: silicon germanide monolayer. Zhou H, Zhao M, Zhang X, Dong W, Wang X, Bu H, Wang A. J Phys Condens Matter. 2013 Oct 2
- The mechanisms of surface chemistry effects of mesoporous silicon nanoparticles on immunotoxicity and biocompatibility. Shahbazi MA, Hamidi M, Mäkilä EM, Zhang H, Almeida PV, Kaasalainen M, Salonen JJ, Hirvonen JT, Santos HA. Biomaterials. 2013 Oct
- Alleviation of cadmium toxicity by silicon is related to elevated photosynthesis, antioxidant enzymes; suppressed cadmium uptake and oxidative stress in cotton. Farooq MA, Ali S, Hameed A, Ishaque W, Mahmood K, Iqbal Z. Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2013 Oct
- White-light photoluminescence and photoactivation in cadmium sulfide embedded in mesoporous silicon dioxide templates studied by confocal laser scanning microscopy. Pellicer E, Rossinyol E, Rosado M, Guerrero M, Domingo-Roca R, Suriñach S, Castell O, Baró MD, Roldán M, Sort J. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2013 Oct 1
- A new reaction mode of germanium-silicon bond formation: insertion reactions of H2GeLiF with SiH 3X (X?=?F, Cl, Br). Yan B, Li W, Xiao C, Li Q, Cheng J. J Mol Model. 2013 Oct
Recent Research & Development for Carbon
- The short term effect of the soil amendments; activated carbon, biochar and ferric oxyhydroxide, on bacteria and invertebrates. Hale SE, Cornelissen G, Jensen J, Jakob L, Oleszczuk P, Hartnik T, Henriksen T, Okkenhaug G, Martinsen V. Environ Sci Technol. 2013 Jun 26.
- Correction for Klein, Stable carbon isotopes and human evolution. [No authors listed] Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013 Jun 25;110(26):10878.
- Carbon footprint of breton pâté production: A case study. Teixeira R, Himeno A, Gustavus L. Integr Environ Assess Manag. 2013 Jun 25. doi: 10.1002/ieam.1458.
- Ceria-Catalyzed Conversion of Carbon Dioxide into Dimethyl Carbonate with 2-Cyanopyridine. Honda M, Tamura M, Nakagawa Y, Sonehara S, Suzuki K, Fujimoto KI, Tomishige K. ChemSusChem. 2013 Jun 25. doi: 10.1002/cssc.201300229.
- Embedding Sulfur in MOF-Derived Microporous Carbon Polyhedrons for Lithium-Sulfur Batteries. Wu HB, Wei S, Zhang L, Xu R, Hng HH, Lou XW. Chemistry. 2013 Jun 25. doi: 10.1002/chem.201301689.
- Spray deposition of water-soluble multiwall carbon nanotube and Cu2ZnSnSe4 nanoparticle composites as highly efficient counter electrodes in a quantum dot-sensitized solar cell system. Zeng X, Xiong D, Zhang W, Ming L, Xu Z, Huang Z, Wang M, Chen W, Cheng YB. Nanoscale. 2013 Jun 25.
- Intrinsic region length scaling of heavily doped carbon nanotube p-i-n junctions. Li Z, Zheng J, Ni Z, Quhe R, Wang Y, Gao Z, Lu J. Nanoscale. 2013 Jun 25.
- Chemical control of superhydrophobicity of carbon nanotube surfaces: droplet pinning and electrowetting behavior. Kakade BA. Nanoscale. 2013 Jun 26.
- Mobility on the reconstructed Pt(100)-hex surface in ethylene and in its mixture with hydrogen and carbon monoxide. Butcher DR, Zhu Z, Mao B, Wang H, Liu Z, Salmeron M, Somorjai GA. Chem Commun (Camb). 2013 Jun 26.
- Intracellular fate of carbon nanotubes inside murine macrophages: pH-dependent detachment of iron catalyst nanoparticles. Bussy C, Paineau E, Cambedouzou J, Brun N, Mory C, Fayard B, Salomé M, Pinault M, Huard M, Belade E, Armand L, Boczkowski J, Launois P, Lanone S. Part Fibre Toxicol. 2013 Jun 25;10(1):24.
- Polyvinylferrocene for noncovalent dispersion and redox-controlled precipitation of carbon nanotubes in nonaqueous media. Mao X, Rutledge GC, Hatton TA. Langmuir. 2013 Jun 25.
- Microstructure and Performance of Multi-Walled Carbon Nanotube/ m-Aramid Composite Films as Electric Heating Elements. Jeong YG, Jeon GW. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2013 Jun 25.
- New Insight into Adsorption Mechanism of Ionizable Compounds on Carbon Nanotubes. Li X, Pignatello JJ, Wang Y, Xing B. Environ Sci Technol. 2013 Jun 25.
- Facile synthesis of a Cu-based MOF confined in macroporous carbon hybrid material with enhanced electrocatalytic ability. Zhang Y, Bo X, Luhana C, Wang H, Li M, Guo L. Chem Commun (Camb). 2013 Jun 25.
- High-Performance ZnO Transistors Processed Via an Aqueous Carbon-Free Metal Oxide Precursor Route at Temperatures Between 80-180 °C. Lin YH, Faber H, Zhao K, Wang Q, Amassian A, McLachlan M, Anthopoulos TD. Adv Mater. 2013 Jun 25. doi: 10.1002/adma.201301622.
- Dielectrophoretically Aligned Carbon Nanotubes to Control Electrical and Mechanical Properties of Hydrogels to Fabricate Contractile Muscle Myofibers. Ramón-Azcón J, Ahadian S, Estili M, Liang X, Ostrovidov S, Kaji H, Shiku H, Ramalingam M, Nakajima K, Sakka Y, Khademhosseini A, Matsue T. Adv Mater. 2013 Jun 25. doi: 10.1002/adma.201301300.
- [Dynamics and environmental load of food carbon consumption during urbanization: a case study of Xiamen City, China]. Yan Z, Cui SH, Li GL, Ren Y, Xu LL. Huan Jing Ke Xue. 2013 Apr;34(4):1636-44.
- [Flue gas desulfurization by a novel biomass activated carbon]. Liu JL, Tang ZG, Chen J, Jiang WJ, Jiang X. Huan Jing Ke Xue. 2013 Apr;34(4):1623-7.
- [Influence of carboxylic carbon nanotube supported platinum catalyst on cathode oxygen reduction performance of MFC]. Tu LX, Zhu NW, Wu PX, Li P, Wu JH. Huan Jing Ke Xue. 2013 Apr;34(4):1617-22.
- [Profile of soil microbial biomass carbon in different types of subtropical paddy soils]. Sheng H, Zhou P, Yuan H, Liao CL, Huang YX, Zhou Q, Zhang YZ. Huan Jing Ke Xue. 2013 Apr;34(4):1576-82.
- Effect of Nd:YAG laser-nitriding-treated titanium nitride surface over Ti6Al4V substrate on the activity of MC3T3-E1 cells. Biomed Mater Eng. 2014 create date:2013/11/12 | first author:Wang M
Nano-solenoid: helicoid carbon-boron nitride hetero-nanotube. Nanoscale. 2013 create date:2013/10/17 | first author:Zhang ZY
- Erratum to: Neointimal coverage and vasodilator response to titanium-nitride-oxide-coated bioactive stents and everolimus-eluting stents in patients with acute coronary syndrome: insights from the BASE-ACS trial. Int J Cardiovasc Imaging. 2013 create date:2013/10/25 | first author:Karjalainen PP
- Boron nitride nanotubes coated with organic hydrophilic agents: Stability and cytocompatibility studies. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2013 create date:2013/10/08 | first author:Ferreira TH
- Neointimal coverage and vasodilator response to titanium-nitride-oxide-coated bioactive stents and everolimus-eluting stents in patients with acute coronary syndrome: insights from the BASE-ACS trial. Int J Cardiovasc Imaging. 2013 create date:2013/09/03 | first author:Karjalainen P
- Neural network modeling of deposition rate characteristics of low temperature silicon nitride deposited by inner two parallel coil inductively coupled plasma chemical vapor deposition. J Nanosci Nanotechnol. 2013 create date:2013/11/26 | first author:Kang S
- Hydrodynamics-assisted scalable production of boron nitride nanosheets and their application in improving oxygen-atom erosion resistance of polymeric composites. Nanoscale. 2013 create date:2013/09/24 | first author:Yi M
- Towards efficient solar hydrogen production by intercalated carbon nitride photocatalyst. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2013 create date:2013/09/26 | first author:Gao H
- Nano-solenoid: helicoid carbon-boron nitride hetero-nanotube. Nanoscale. 2013 create date:2013/10/17 | first author:Zhang ZY
- Ultrathin graphitic carbon nitride nanosheets: a novel peroxidase mimetic, Fe doping-mediated catalytic performance enhancement and application to rapid, highly sensitive optical detection of glucose. Nanoscale. 2013 create date:2013/10/15 | first author:Tian J
- Fabrication of a boron nitride-gold nanocluster composite and its versatile application for immunoassays. Chem Commun (Camb). 2013 create date:2013/10/11 | first author:Yang GH
- A hybrid density functional view of native vacancies in gallium nitride. Gillen R, Robertson J. J Phys Condens Matter. 2013 Oct 9A porous Mn(v) coordination framework with PtS topology: assessment of the influence of a terminal nitride on CO2 sorption. Murphy MJ, D'Alessandro DM, Kepert CJ. Dalton Trans. 2013 Oct.
- Protein adsorption and covalent bonding to silicon nitride surfaces modified with organo-silanes: comparison using AFM, angle-resolved XPS and multivariate ToF-SIMS analysis. Awsiuk K, Budkowski A, Psarouli A, Petrou P, Bernasik A, Kakabakos S, Rysz J, Raptis I. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2013 Oct.
- Fabrication of graphene quantum dots and hexagonal boron nitride nanocomposites for fluorescent cell imaging. Peng J, Wang S, Zhang PH, Jiang LP, Shi JJ, Zhu JJ. J Biomed Nanotechnol. 2013 Oct.
- Preparation of graphitic carbon nitride (g-C3N4)/WO3 composites and enhanced visible-light-driven photodegradation of acetaldehyde gas. Katsumata K, Motoyoshi R, Matsushita N, Okada K. J Hazard Mater. 2013 Sep.
- Water-assisted chemical vapor deposition synthesis of boron nitride nanotubes and their photoluminescence property. Li J, Li J, Yin Y, Chen Y, Bi X. Nanotechnology. 2013 Sep.
- The effect of different titanium nitride coatings on the adhesion of Candida albicans to titanium. Wang J, An Y, Liang H, Tong Y, Guo T, Ma C. Arch Oral Biol. 2013 Oct.
- Synthesis of Highly Crystalline sp²-Bonded Boron Nitride Aerogels. Rousseas M, Goldstein AP, Mickelson W, Worsley MA, Woo L, Zettl A. ACS Nano. 2013 Sep 9.
- Graphene interconnects fully encapsulated in layered insulator hexagonal boron nitride. Jain N, Durcan CA, Jacobs-Gedrim R, Xu Y, Yu B. Nanotechnology. 2013 Sep.
- Epitaxial growth of single-domain graphene on hexagonal boron nitride. Yang W, Chen G, Shi Z, Liu CC, Zhang L, Xie G, Cheng M, Wang D, Yang R, Shi D, Watanabe K, Taniguchi T, Yao Y, Zhang Y, Zhang G. Nat Mater. 2013 Sep.
- Improvement of crystallization of borazine-derived boron nitride using small amounts of Fe or Ni nanoparticles. Cao F, Ding Y, Chen L, Zhang C. Nanoscale. 2013 Sep 2.