BROMIDES INFORMATION CENTER
American Elements is a manufacturer and supplier specializing in the bromide form of most metallic elements including Cerium, Lanthanum, Erbium, Ytterbium, Neodymium, Yttrium and other rare earth elements, Gallium, Hafnium, Scandium, Niobium, Indium, Ruthenium, Zirconium, transition metals such as Copper, Nickel, Tin and Cobalt and precious metals such as Gold, Silver, Platinum and Palladium as well as other advanced elements. These bromide compounds are available as both powders and solutions and marketed under the trademark AE Bromides™.
The bromide form of any metal is generally soluble in water. Bromides are often used when the chloride or nitrate form is hazardous. This has become increasingly the case with the advent of new green chemistry and hazardous materials legislation such as the new REACH program in the European Union. For example, bromides are now being used in many catalytic, electronic, coating and biomedical applications in replacement of other soluble forms for this reason.
Bromide compounds are formed when a metallic cation binds with a charged (- 1) bromine (Br) anion to form a bromide salt of that metal. Bromine is the only liquid halogen. Bromides were first prepared and used as sedatives which is why a "tired" expression or saying is sometimes called a bromide.
Purities include 99%, 99.9%, 99.99%, 99.999% and 99.9999% which are sometimes referred to as 2N, 3N, 4N, 5N and 6N. These products are also available in an ultra dry form.
Physical properties may include nanopowder, nano particle, submicron, - 325 mesh, rod, foil, and high surface area bromide with particle distribution and particle size controlled and certified. We produce larger - 40 mesh, - 100 mesh, -200 mesh range sizes and < 0.5 mm, 2 mm, 5 mm and other mm size shot, granules, lump, flake and pieces, too.
American Elements maintains industrial scale production for all its bromide products.
American Elements will execute Non-Disclosure or Confidentiality Agreements to protect customer know-how.
AE Bromides™ products include:
Cerium Bromide Heptahydrate
Chromium Bromide (CrBr2)
Chromium Bromide (CrBr3)
Copper Bromide (CuBr)
Copper Bromide (CuBr2)
Copper Bromide Dimethyl Sulfide Complex
Dysprosium Bromide (DyBr2)
Dysprosium Bromide (DyBr3)
Erbium(III) Bromide Hydrate
Europium Bromide (EuBr2)
Europium Bromide (EuBr3)
Germanium Bromide (GeBr2)
Germanium Bromide (GeBr4)
Gold(I) Bromide (AuBr)
Gold(III) Bromide (AuBr3)
Lithium Bromide Hydrate
Lutetium Bromide Hydrate
Magnesium Bromide Ethyl Etherate
Magnesium Bromide Hexahydrate
Molybdenum Bromide (MoBr2)
Molybdenum Bromide (MoBr3)
Neodymium Bromide (NdBr2)
Neodymium Bromide (NdBr3)
Neodymium(III) Bromide Hydrate
Niobium Bromide (NbBr3)
Niobium Bromide (NbBr5)
Platinum Bromide (PtBr2)
Platinum Bromide (PtBr4)
Samarium Bromide (SmBr2)
Samarium Bromide (SmBr3)
Selenium(I) Bromide (SeBr)
Selenium Monobromide (Se2Br2)
Selenium Tetrabromide (SeBr4)
Selenium Bromide, Polymer-bound
Sodium Bromide Hydrate
Tantalum Bromide (TaBr3)
Tantalum Bromide (TaBr5)
Tellurium Bromide (Te2Br)
Tellurium Bromide (TeBr4)
Thallium Bromide/Iodide KRS-5
Thallium Bromo-Chloride KRS6
Titanium(II) Bromide TiBr2
Titanium(IV) Bromide TiBr4
Vanadium Bromide (VBr2)
Vanadium Bromide (VBr3)
Zirconium Bromide (ZrBr3)
Zirconium Bromide (ZrBr4)1-Bromo-2-methoxybenzene
(R)-3-Amino-4-(4-Bromophenyl)Butyric Acid Hydrochloride
Recent Research & Development for Bromides
- Modified carbon paste sensor for the potentiometric determination of neostigmine bromide in pharmaceutical formulations, human plasma and urine. Khorshid AF, Issa YM. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 Jan 15.
- On the existence of 'l-alanine cadmium bromide.' Srinivasan BR. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2013 Dec
- XRD, TEM, and thermal analysis of Arizona Ca-montmorillonites modified with didodecyldimethylammonium bromide. Sun Z, Park Y, Zheng S, Ayoko GA, Frost RL. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2013 Oct 15.
- Bronchodilation and safety of supratherapeutic doses of salbutamol or ipratropium bromide added to single dose GSK961081 in patients with moderate to severe COPD. Norris V, Ambery C. Pulm Pharmacol Ther. 2013 Oct 26.
- Chlorination of bromide-containing waters: Enhanced bromate formation in the presence of synthetic metal oxides and deposits formed in drinking water distribution systems. Liu C, von Gunten U, Croué JP. Water Res. 2013 Sep 15
- The Species and Heme Pocket Properties of Sturgeon Hemoglobins Upon Interaction with N-Dodecyl Trimethylammonium Bromide. Ariaeenejad S, Moosavi-Movahedi AA, Kavousi K, Dayer MR, Hong J, Yousefi R, Sheibani N, Habibi-Rezaei M. Protein Pept Lett. 2013 Sep 3.
- The combination of umeclidinium bromide and vilanterol in the management of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: current evidence and future prospects. Feldman GJ, Edin A. Ther Adv Respir Dis. 2013 Sep 3.
- Potassium Bromide for Treatment of Malignant Migrating Partial Seizures in Infancy. Unver O, Incecik F, Dündar H, Kömür M, Unver A, Okuyaz C. Pediatr Neurol. 2013 Aug 19.
- Contact dermatitis caused by bromide compounds. Salas M, Doña I, Fernandez T, Sanchez-Quintero MJ, Mayorga C, Blanca M, Torres Jaén MJ. Contact Dermatitis. 2013 Sep 6
- Functional consequences of ethidium bromide demyelination of the mouse ventral spinal cord. Kuypers NJ, James KT, Enzmann GU, Magnuson DS, Whittemore SR. Exp Neurol. 2013 Sep 24
- Spectroscopic study one thiosemicarbazone derivative with ctDNA using ethidium bromide as a fluorescence probe. Geng S, Wu Q, Shi L, Cui F. Int J Biol Macromol. 2013 Sep 6
- Calorimetric and Structural Studies of Tetrabutylammonium Bromide Ionic Clathrate Hydrates. Rodionova TV, Komarov VY, Villevald GV, Karpova TD, Kuratieva NV, Manakov AY. J Phys Chem B. 2013 Aug 30.
- Elevated Pb(II) Release from the Reduction of Pb(IV) Corrosion Product PbO2 Induced by Bromide-catalyzed Monochloramine Decomposition. Zhang Y, Lin YP. Environ Sci Technol. 2013 Aug 29.
- Persistent Na+ and K+ channel dysfunctions after chronic exposure to insecticides and pyridostigmine bromide. Nutter TJ, Jiang N, Cooper BY. Neurotoxicology. 2013 Aug 29.
- Solar Photothermochemical Reaction and Supercritical CO2 Work up for a Fully Green Process of Preparation of Pure p-Nitrobenzyl Bromide. Dinda M, Chakraborty S, Samanta S, Bhatt C, Maiti S, Roy S, Kadam Y, Ghosh PK. Environ Sci Technol. 2013 Aug 27.
- [Glycopyrronium bromide is a long-acting inhaled anticholinergic in the treatment of severe COPD.] Ulrik CS. Ugeskr Laeger. 2013 Aug 26. Danish.
- Factors Affecting the Stability and Performance of Ipratropium Bromide Fenoterol Hydrobromide Pressurized-Metered Dose Inhalers. Ninbovorl J, Sawatdee S, Srichana T. AAPS PharmSciTech. 2013 Aug 23.
- Influence of cetyltrimethyl ammonium bromide on nutrient uptake and cell responses of Chlorella vulgaris. Liang Z, Ge F, Zeng H, Xu Y, Peng F, Wong M. Aquat Toxicol. 2013 Aug 15
- Adhesion work and wettability of polytetrafluorethylene and poly(methyl methacrylate) by aqueous solutions of cetyltrimethylammonium bromide and Triton X-100 mixture with ethanol. Bielawska M, Janczuk B, Zdziennicka A. Colloid Interface Sci. 2013 Aug 15
- Zinc Bromide Promoted Coupling of Isonitriles with Carboxylic Acids To Form 2,4,5-Trisubstituted Oxazoles. Odabachian Y, Tong S, Wang Q, Wang MX, Zhu J. Angew Chem Int Ed Engl. 2013 Aug 19.
- Mechanisms of action of otilonium bromide (OB) in human cultured smooth muscle cells and rat colonic strips. Martínez-Cutillas M, Gil V, Gallego D, Mañé N, Martín MT, Jiménez M. Neurogastroenterol Motil. 2013 Aug 14.