|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|(2N) 99% Aluminum Hydride||AL-HID-02||Request Quote|
|(3N) 99.9% Aluminum Hydride||AL-HID-03||Request Quote|
|(4N) 99.99% Aluminum Hydride||AL-HID-04||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Aluminum Hydride||AL-HID-05||Request Quote|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Density||Exact Mass||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|H3Al||30.01||Colorless, white, or gray powder||150 °C||N/A||1.486 g/cm3||30.005014||30.005014||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Aluminum Hydride is generally immediately available in most volumes. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. Hydride compounds are used often used as portable sources of hydrogen gas. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia)and follows applicable ASTM testing standards.Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Aluminum, also known as Aluminium, (atomic symbol: Al, atomic number: 13) is a Block P, Group 13, Period 3 element with an atomic weight of 26.9815386. It is the third most abundant element in the earth's crust and the most abundant metallic element.Aluminum's name is derived from alumina, the mineral from which Sir Humphrey Davy attempted to refine it from in 1812. It wasn't until 1825 that Aluminum was first isolated by Hans Christian Oersted. Aluminum is a silvery gray metal that possesses many desirable characteristics. It is light, nonmagnetic and non-sparking. It stands second among metals in the scale of malleability, and sixth in ductility. It is extensively used in many industrial applications where a strong, light, easily constructed material is needed. Although it has only 60% of the electrical conductivity of copper, it is used in electrical transmission lines because of its light weight. Pure aluminum is soft and lacks strength, but alloyed with small amounts of copper, magnesium, silicon, manganese, or other elements it imparts a variety of useful properties. Aluminum was first predicted by Antoine Lavoisierin 1787 and first isolated by Friedrich Wöhler in 1827. For more information on aluminum, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of aluminum products, visit the Aluminum element page.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Transport Information||UN 2463 4.3/PG I|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|ALUMINUM HYDRIDE SYNONYMS|
|Trihydridoaluminium; Alumane; aluminium trihydride; Aluminium(III) hydride; aluminum trihydride; alane|
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Aluminum
- Coagulation behavior and floc properties of compound bioflocculant-polyaluminum chloride dual-coagulants and polymeric aluminum in low temperature surface water treatment. Huang X, Sun S, Gao B, Yue Q, Wang Y, Li Q. J Environ Sci (China). 2015 Apr 1: J Environ Sci (China)
- Tannoid principles of Emblica officinalis renovate cognitive deficits and attenuate amyloid pathologies against aluminum chloride induced rat model of Alzheimer's disease. Justin Thenmozhi A, Dhivyabharathi M, William Raja TR, Manivasagam T, Mohamed Essa M. Nutr Neurosci. 2015 Apr 4. : Nutr Neurosci
- Vertically-aligned carbon nanotubes on aluminum as a light-weight positive electrode for lithium-polysulfide batteries. Liatard S, Benhamouda K, Fournier A, Ramos R, Barchasz C, Dijon J. Chem Commun (Camb). 2015 Apr 8. : Chem Commun (Camb)
- Treatment of Melasma in Men With Low-Fluence Q-Switched Neodymium-Doped Yttrium-Aluminum-Garnet Laser Versus Combined Laser and Glycolic Acid Peeling. Vachiramon V, Sahawatwong S, Sirithanabadeekul P. Dermatol Surg. 2015 Mar 9.
- Cytotoxic and genotoxic characterization of aluminum and silicon oxide nanoparticles in macrophages. Hashimoto M, Imazato S. Dent Mater. 2015 Mar 5.
- Hybrid Structures of Polycationic aluminum phthalocyanines and quantum dots. Maksimov EG, Gvozdev DA, Strakhovskaya MG, Paschenko VZ. Biochemistry (Mosc). 2015 Mar
- Chitosan-aluminum monostearate composite sponge dressing containing asiaticoside for wound healing and angiogenesis promotion in chronic wound. Phaechamud T, Yodkhum K, Charoenteeraboon J, Tabata Y. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2015 May
- The Metal-Organic Framework MIL-53(Al) Constructed from Multiple Metal Sources: Alumina, Aluminum Hydroxide, and Boehmite. Li Z, Wu YN, Li J, Zhang Y, Zou X, Li F. Chemistry. 2015 Mar 10.
- ZnO-based thin film transistors employing aluminum titanate gate dielectrics deposited by spray pyrolysis at ambient air. Afouxenidis D, Mazzocco R, Vourlias G, Livesley PJ, Krier A, Milne WI, Kolosov OV, Adamopoulos G. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 Mar 16.
- The impact of thickness and thermal annealing on refractive index for aluminum oxide thin films deposited by atomic layer deposition. Wang ZY, Zhang RJ, Lu HL, Chen X, Sun Y, Zhang Y, Wei YF, Xu JP, Wang SY, Zheng YX, Chen LY. Nanoscale Res Lett. 2015 Feb 6: Nanoscale Res Lett
Recent Research & Development for Hydrides
- Subporphyrins: Hydride enters the ring. Pichon A. Nat Chem. 2015 Feb 20
- Insights into the origin of the separation selectivity with silica hydride adsorbents. Kulsing C, Nolvachai Y, Marriott PJ, Boysen RI, Matyska MT, Pesek JJ, Hearn MT. J Phys Chem B. 2015 Feb 19
- Ruthenium-Catalyzed C?C Coupling of Fluorinated Alcohols with Allenes: Dehydrogenation at the Energetic Limit of β-Hydride Elimination. Sam B, Luong T, Krische MJ. Angew Chem Int Ed Engl. 2015 Mar 10.
- Exploring σ-hole bonding in XH3Si···HMY (X=H, F, CN
- The free-energy barrier to hydride transfer across a dipalladium complex. Vanston CR, Kearley GJ, Edwards AJ, Darwish TA, de Souza NR, Ramirez-Cuesta AJ, Gardiner MG. Faraday Discuss. 2015 Feb 5.
- True Boundary for the Formation of Homoleptic Transition-Metal Hydride Complexes. Takagi S, Iijima Y, Sato T, Saitoh H, Ikeda K, Otomo T, Miwa K, Ikeshoji T, Aoki K, Orimo SI. Angew Chem Int Ed Engl. 2015 Mar 13.
- Reactions of phenylacetylene with nickel POCOP-pincer hydride complexes resulting in different outcomes from their palladium analogues. Wilson GL, Abraha M, Krause JA, Guan H. Dalton Trans. 2015 Mar 16.
- Mechanisms of Reactions of Sulfur Hydride Hydroxide: Tautomerism, Condensations, and C-Sulfenylation and O-Sulfenylation of 2,4-Pentanedione. Freeman F. J Phys Chem A. 2015 Mar 12.
- Improvement in thallium hydride generation using iodide and Rhodamine B. Picón D, Carrero P, Valero M, de Peña YP, Gutiérrez L. Talanta. 2015 May
- A pyrazolate-stabilized sodium hydride complex. Stasch A. Chem Commun (Camb). 2015 Mar 10
- The Unexpected Mechanism Underlying the High-Valent Mono-Oxo-Rhenium(V) Hydride Catalyzed Hydrosilylation of C?N Functionalities: Insights from a DFT Study. Wang J, Wang W, Huang L, Yang X, Wei H. Chemphyschem. 2015 Feb 20.
- Transition-Metal-Free Coupling Reaction of Vinylcyclopropanes with Aldehydes Catalyzed by Tin Hydride. Ieki R, Kani Y, Tsunoi S, Shibata I. Chemistry. 2015 Mar 5.
- Predicting the reactivity of hydride donors in water: thermodynamic constants for hydrogen. Connelly SJ, Wiedner ES, Appel AM. Dalton Trans. 2015 Feb 20.
- Discrete Magnesium Hydride Aggregates: A Cationic Mg13 H18 Cluster Stabilized by NNNN-Type Macrocycles. Martin D, Beckerle K, Schnitzler S, Spaniol TP, Maron L, Okuda J. Angew Chem Int Ed Engl. 2015 Feb 4.
- On the coupling of hydride generation with atmospheric pressure glow discharge in contact with the flowing liquid cathode for the determination of arsenic, antimony and selenium with optical emission spectrometry. Greda K, Jamroz P, Jedryczko D, Pohl P. Talanta. 2015 May
- Hydride-Induced Anionic Cyclization: An Efficient Method for the Synthesis of 6-H-Phenanthridines via a Transition-Metal-Free Process. Chen WL, Chen CY, Chen YF, Hsieh JC. Org Lett. 2015 Mar 12.
- Hylleraas hydride binding energy: diatomic electron affinities. Chen ES, Keith H, Lim T, Pham D, Rosenthal R, Herder C, Pai S, Flores RA, Chen EC. J Mol Model. 2015 Apr
- Reversible metal-hydride phase transformation in epitaxial films. Roytburd AL, Boyerinas BM, Bruck HA. J Phys Condens Matter. 2015 Mar 11
- Thermodynamically neutral Kubas-type hydrogen storage using amorphous Cr(iii) alkyl hydride gels. Morris L, Trudeau ML, Reed D, Book D, Antonelli DM. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2015 Mar 13.
- Synthesis and Characterization of a Cu14 Hydride Cluster Supported by Neutral Donor Ligands. Nguyen TA, Goldsmith BR, Zaman HT, Wu G, Peters B, Hayton TW. Chemistry. 2015 Feb 20.