|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|(2N) 99% Cobalt 2-Ethylhexanoate||CO-2EH-02||Request Quote|
|(3N) 99.9% Cobalt 2-Ethylhexanoate||CO-2EH-03||Request Quote|
|(4N) 99.99% Cobalt 2-Ethylhexanoate||CO-2EH-04||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Cobalt 2-Ethylhexanoate||CO-2EH-05||Request Quote|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Density||Exact Mass||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|C16H30CoO4||345.42 g/mol||Purple Liquid||1.01 g/cm3||345.148 g/mol||345.148 g/mol||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Cobalt 2-Ethylhexanoate is a Cobalt source that is soluble in organic solvents as an organometallic compound (also known as metalorganic, organo-inorganic and metallo-organic compounds). Ethylhexanoates are carboxylates with many commercial applications. They are commonly used in various catalysts for oxidation, hydrogenation and polymerization and as an adhesion promoter. It is generally immediately available in most volumes. Ultra high purity and high purity forms may be considered. Cobalt 2-Ethylhexanoate is one of numerous organo-metallic compounds (also known as metalorganic, organo-inorganic and metallo-organic compounds) sold by American Elements under the tradename AE Organo-Metallics™ for uses requiring non-aqueous solubility such as recent solar energy and water treatment applications. Similar results can sometimes also be achieved with Nanoparticles and by thin film deposition. Note American Elements additionally supplies many materials as solutions. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Cobalt (atomic symbol: Co, atomic number: 27) is a Block D, Group 9, Period 4 element with an atomic weight of 58.933195. The number of electrons in each of cobalt's shells is 2, 8, 15, 2 and its electron configuration is [Ar] 3d7 4s2The cobalt atom has a radius of 125 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 192 pm. Cobalt was first discovered by George Brandt in 1732. In its elemental form, cobalt has a lustrous gray appearance. Cobalt is found in cobaltite, erythrite, glaucodot and skutterudite ores. Cobalt produces brilliant blue pigments which have been used since ancient times to color paint and glass. Cobalt is a ferromagnetic metal and is used primarily in the production of magnetic and high-strength superalloys. Co-60, a commercially important radioisotope, is useful as a radioactive tracer and gamma ray source. The origin of the word Cobalt comes from the German word "Kobalt" or "Kobold," which translates as "goblin," "elf" or "evil spirit." For more information on cobalt, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of cobalt products, visit the Cobalt element page.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Transport Information||UN 1268 3/PG 3|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|COBALT 2-ETHYLHEXANOATE SYNONYMS|
|Hexanoic acid, 2-ethyl; Cobaltous octoate; 2-Ethylhexanoic acid cobalt salt; cobalt(2+) salt (2:1); Cobaltous 2-ethylhexanoate; cobalt(2+) bis(2-ethylhexanoate); Cobalt octoate; Cobalt(II) 2-ethylhexanoate; Cobalt bis(2-ethylhexanoate)|
|CUSTOMERS FOR COBALT 2-ETHYLHEXANOATE HAVE ALSO LOOKED AT|
|Cobalt Acetylacetonate||Cobalt Sulfate||Cobalt Bar||Cobalt Oxide Nanopowder||Cobalt Oxide Pellets|
|Cobalt Sputtering Target||Cobalt Powder||Cobalt Chloride||Cobalt Nickel Chromium Alloy||Cobalt Acetate|
|Cobalt Pellets||Cobalt Foil||Cobalt Molybdenum Alloy||Cobalt Oxide||Cobalt Metal|
|Show Me MORE Forms of Cobalt|
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Cobalt
- Stacked graphene platelet nanofibers dispersed in the liquid electrolyte of highly efficient cobalt-mediator-based dye-sensitized solar cells.. Li X, Zhou Y, Chen J, Yang J, Zheng Z, Wu W, Hua J, Tian H.. Chem Commun (Camb). 2015 May 22.
- Being two is better than one-catalytic reductions with dendrimer encapsulated copper- and copper-cobalt-subnanoparticles.. Ficker M, Petersen JF, Gschneidtner T, Rasmussen AL, Purdy T, Hansen JS, Hansen TH, Husted S, Moth Poulsen K, Olsson E, Christensen JB.. Chem Commun (Camb). 2015 May 22.
- Mesoporous Mn- and La-Doped Cerium Oxide/Cobalt Oxide Mixed Metal Catalysts for Methane Oxidation.. Vickers SM, Gholami R, Smith KJ, MacLachlan MJ.. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 May 22.
- One-pot laser-assisted synthesis of porous carbon with embedded magnetic cobalt nanoparticles.. Ghimbeu CM, Sopronyi M, Sima F, Delmotte L, Vaulot C, Zlotea C, Paul-Boncour V, Le Meins JM.. Nanoscale. 2015 May 18.
- The effect of osteoimmunomodulation on the osteogenic effects of cobalt incorporated β-tricalcium phosphate.. Chen Z, Yuen J, Crawford R, Chang J, Wu C, Xiao Y.. Biomaterials. 2015 May 14
- Nickel cobalt oxide hollow nanosponges as advanced electrocatalysts for the oxygen evolution reaction. Zhu C, Wen D, Leubner S, Oschatz M, Liu W, Holzschuh M, Simon F, Kaskel S, Eychmüller A. Chem Commun (Camb). 2015 Apr 9. : Chem Commun (Camb)
- In-Situ Formation of Hollow Hybrids Composed of Cobalt Sulfides Embedded within Porous Carbon Polyhedra/Carbon Nanotubes for High-Performance Lithium-Ion Batteries. Wu R, Wang DP, Rui X, Liu B, Zhou K, Law AW, Yan Q, Wei J, Chen Z. Adv Mater. 2015 Apr 9.: Adv Mater
- Efficient oxygen reduction catalysts formed of cobalt phosphide nanoparticle decorated heteroatom-doped mesoporous carbon nanotubes. Chen K, Huang X, Wan C, Liu H. Chem Commun (Camb). 2015 Apr 9. : Chem Commun (Camb)
- Rapid prototyping for in vitro knee rig investigations of prosthetized knee biomechanics: comparison with cobalt-chromium alloy implant material. Schröder C, Steinbrück A, Müller T, Woiczinski M, Chevalier Y, Weber P, Müller PE, Jansson V. Biomed Res Int. 2015: Biomed Res Int
- Cobalt-catalyzed ammonia borane dehydrocoupling and transfer hydrogenation under aerobic conditions. Pagano JK, Stelmach JP, Waterman R. Dalton Trans. 2015 Mar 5.
Recent Research & Development for Ethylhexanoates
- The use of lead methacrylate 2-ethylhexanoate to create a radio-opaque resin suitable for microvascular corrosion casting.. Burton GJ, Ingram SC, Palmer ME.. J Microsc. 1986 Sep
- Enantioselective hydrolysis of butyl 2-ethylhexanoate by a strain of Nocardia corynebacteroides.. Labeda DP, Jackson MA, Kuo TM, Nakamura LK.. Curr Microbiol. 2004 Aug
- A chromium precursor for the Phillips ethylene trimerization catalyst: (2-ethylhexanoate)2CrOH.. Jeon JY, Park DS, Lee DH, Eo SC, Park SY, Jeong MS, Kang YY, Lee J, Lee BY.. Dalton Trans. 2015 May 21.
- Interplay between lead carboxylate and Ti or Zr isopropoxides in solution routes to perovskites: synthesis, molecular structures and reactivity of single source non-oxo Pb-Zr and Pb-Ti carboxylatoalkoxides supported by 2-ethylhexanoate ligands.. Brethon A, Hubert-Pfalzgraf LG, Daran JC.. Dalton Trans. 2006 Jan 7
- Triethylene glycol bis(2-ethylhexanoate) - a new contact allergen identified in a spectacle frame.. Andersen KE, Vestergaard ME, Christensen LP.. Contact Dermatitis. 2014 Feb
- Cyclohexanediol bis-ethylhexanoate inhibits melanogenesis of murine B16 melanoma and UV-induced pigmentation in human skin.. Lim JH, Park SH, Kim MR, Yoo BS, Yang JC, Cheong IW, Kim JH, Cho JH.. Biol Pharm Bull. 2013
- Murine teratology and pharmacokinetics of the enantiomers of sodium 2-ethylhexanoate.. Collins MD, Scott WJ, Miller SJ, Evans DA, Nau H.. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 1992 Feb
- Industrial Ziegler-type hydrogenation catalysts made from Co(neodecanoate)2 or Ni(2-ethylhexanoate)2 and AlEt3: evidence for nanoclusters and sub-nanocluster or larger Ziegler-nanocluster based catalysis.. Alley WM, Hamdemir IK, Wang Q, Frenkel AI, Li L, Yang JC, Menard LD, Nuzzo RG, Özkar S, Yih KH, Johnson KA, Finke RG.. Langmuir. 2011 May 17
- Murine teratology and pharmacokinetics of the enantiomers of sodium 2-ethylhexanoate. Collins MD, Scott WJ, Miller SJ, Evans DA, Nau H. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 1992 Feb
- Industrial Ziegler-type hydrogenation catalysts made from Co(neodecanoate)2 or Ni(2-ethylhexanoate)2 and AlEt3: evidence for nanoclusters and sub-nanocluster or larger Ziegler-nanocluster based catalysis. Alley WM, Hamdemir IK, Wang Q, Frenkel AI, Li L, Yang JC, Menard LD, Nuzzo RG, Özkar S, Yih KH, Johnson KA, Finke RG. Langmuir. 2011 May 17