|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|(2N) 99% Sodium Molybdate||NA-MOAT-02||Request Quote|
|(3N) 99.9% Sodium Molybdate||NA-MOAT-03||Request Quote|
|(4N) 99.99% Sodium Molybdate||NA-MOAT-04||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Sodium Molybdate||NA-MOAT-05||Request Quote|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Density||Exact Mass||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|MoNa2O4||205.92||White powder||3.78 g/cm3||207.864606||207.864606||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Sodium Molybdate is generally immediately available in most volumes. Hydrate or anhydrous forms may be purchased. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Sodium (atomic symbol: Na, atomic number: 11) is a Block D, Group 5, Period 4 element with an atomic weight of 22.989769. The number of electrons in each of Sodium's shells is [2, 8, 1] and its electron configuration is [Ne] 3s1.The sodium atom has a radius of 185.8 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 227 pm. Sodium was discovered and first isolated by Sir Humphrey Davy in 1807. In its elemental form, sodium has a silvery-white metallic appearance. It is the sixth most abundant element, making up 2.6 % of the earth's crust. Sodium does not occur in nature as a free element and must be extracted from its compounds (e.g., feldspars, sodalite, and rock salt). The name Sodium is thought to come from the Arabic word suda, meaning "headache" (due to sodium carbonate's headache-alleviating properties), and its elemental symbol Na comes from natrium, its Latin name. For more information on sodium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of sodium products, visit the Sodium element page.
Molybdenum (atomic symbol: Mo, atomic number: 42) is a Block D, Group 6, Period 5 element with an atomic weight of 95.96. The number of electrons in each of molybdenum's shells is [2, 8, 18, 13, 1] and its electron configuration is [Kr] 4d5 5s1. The molybdenum atom has a radius of 139 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 209 pm. In its elemental form, molybdenum has a gray metallic appearance. Molybdenum was discovered by Carl Wilhelm in 1778 and first isolated by Peter Jacob Hjelm in 1781. Molybdenum is the 54th most abundant element in the earth's crust. It has the third highest melting point of any element, exceeded only by tungsten and tantalum. Molybdenum does not occur naturally as a free metal, it is found in various oxidation states in minerals. The primary commercial source of molybdenum is molybdenite, although it is also recovered as a byproduct of copper and tungsten mining. The origin of the name Molybdenum comes from the Greek word molubdos meaning lead. For more information on molybdenum, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of molybdenum products, visit the Molybdenum element page.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|SODIUM MOLYBDATE SYNONYMS|
|Sodium Molybdenum Oxide,, Disodium molybdate, Natrium molybdat|
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Sodium
- Agreement of the Kato-Katz test established by the WHO with samples fixed with sodium acetate analyzed at 6 months to diagnose intestinal geohelminthes. Fernández-Niño JA, Ramírez JD, López MC, Moncada LI, Reyes P, Heredia RD. Acta Trop. 2015 Mar 11.
- A Novel hNIS/tdTomato Fusion Reporter for Visualizing the Relationship Between the Cellular Localization of Sodium Iodide Symporter and Its Iodine Uptake Function Under Heat Shock Treatment. Yeom CJ, Chung T, Youn H, Kang KW, Lee DS, Chung JK. Mol Imaging. 2015 Mar 1
- Cell-free expression of a functional pore-only sodium channel. Kovácsová G, Gustavsson E, Wang J, Kreir M, Peuker S, Westenhoff S. Protein Expr Purif. 2015 Mar 11.
- Deranged sodium to sudden death. Clancy CE, Chen-Izu Y, Bers DM, Belardinelli L, Boyden PA, Csernoch L, Despa S, Fermini B, Hool LC, Izu L, Kass RS, Lederer WJ, Louch WE, Maack C, Matiazzi A, Qu Z, Rajamani S, Rippinger CM, Sejersted OM, O'Rourke B, Weiss JN, Varró A, Zaza A. J Physiol. 2015 Mar 15
- Optimization of alkaline sulfite pretreatment and comparative study with sodium hydroxide pretreatment for improving enzymatic digestibility of corn stover. Liu H, Pang B, Wang H, Li H, Lu J, Niu M. J Agric Food Chem. 2015 Mar 15.
- Sodium and calcium regulation in cardiac myocytes: from molecules to heart failure and arrhythmia. Bers DM, Chen-Izu Y. J Physiol. 2015 Mar 15
- Scn1b deletion leads to increased tetrodotoxin-sensitive sodium current, altered intracellular calcium homeostasis and arrhythmias in murine hearts. Lin X, O'Malley H, Chen C, Auerbach D, Foster M, Shekhar A, Zhang M, Coetzee W, Jalife J, Fishman GI, Isom L, Delmar M. J Physiol. 2015 Mar 15
- The Significance of Duration and Amount of Sodium Reduction Intervention in Normotensive and Hypertensive Individuals: A Meta-Analysis. Graudal N, Hubeck-Graudal T, Jürgens G, McCarron DA. Adv Nutr. 2015 Mar 13
- Sodium selenate reduces hyperphosphorylated tau and improves outcomes after traumatic brain injury. Shultz SR, Wright DK, Zheng P, Stuchbery R, Liu SJ, Sashindranath M, Medcalf RL, Johnston LA, Hovens CM, Jones NC, O'Brien TJ. Brain. 2015 Mar 13.
- [Acute renal failure and hearing loss due to sodium bromate intoxication]. Kitamoto T. Chudoku Kenkyu. 2014 Dec
- Reduced-Sodium Lunches Are Well-Accepted by Uninformed Consumers Over a 3-Week Period and Result in Decreased Daily Dietary Sodium Intakes: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Janssen AM, Kremer S, van Stipriaan WL, Noort MW, de Vries JH, Temme EH. J Acad Nutr Diet. 2015 Mar 11.
- Sodium-calcium Exchanger 1 Regulates Epithelial Cell Migration via Calcium-Dependent Extracellular-Signal-Regulated Kinase Signaling. Balasubramaniam SL, Gopalakrishnapillai A, Gangadharan V, Duncan RL, Barwe SP. J Biol Chem. 2015 Mar 13.
- Sodium Butyrate Ameliorates l-Arginine-Induced Pancreatitis and Associated Fibrosis in Wistar Rat: Role of Inflammation and Nitrosative Stress. Kanika G, Khan S, Jena G. J Biochem Mol Toxicol. 2015 Mar 14.
- Uptake of Dietary Sodium Restriction by Overweight and Obese Patients After Cardiac Revascularization. Young L, Barnason S. Rehabil Nurs. 2015 Mar 14.
- Contribution of sodium channel neuronal isoform Nav 1.1 to late sodium current in ventricular myocytes from failing hearts. Mishra S, Reznikov V, Maltsev VA, Undrovinas NA, Sabbah HN, Undrovinas A. J Physiol. 2015 Mar 15
- Effect of Dietary Sodium and Potassium Intake on Left Ventricular Diastolic Function and Mass in Adults ≤40 Years (from the Strong Heart Study). Haring B, Wang W, Lee ET, Jhamnani S, Howard BV, Devereux RB. Am J Cardiol. 2015 Feb 12.
- Efficacy of low concentrations of sodium hypochlorite and low powered Er,Cr:YSGG laser activated irrigation against an Enterococcus faecalis biofilm. Christo JE, Zilm PS, Sullivan T, Cathro PR. Int Endod J. 2015 Mar 13.
- Agreement between whole blood and plasma sodium measurements in profound hyponatremia. Geoghegan P, Koch CD, Wockenfus AM, Harrison AM, Dong Y, Kashani KB, Karon BS. Clin Biochem. 2015 Mar 12.
- Relationship between Decrease in Serum Sodium Level and Bone Mineral Density in Osteoporotic Fracture Patients. Kwak MK, Choi D, Lee JH, Kim HJ, Park HK, Suh KI, Yoo MH, Byun DW. J Bone Metab. 2015 Feb
- Extracellular sodium and potassium levels modulate cardiac conduction in mice heterozygous null for the Connexin43 gene. George SA, Sciuto KJ, Lin J, Salama ME, Keener JP, Gourdie RG, Poelzing S. Pflugers Arch. 2015 Mar 14.
Recent Research & Development for Molybdates
- A Raman spectroscopic study of a hydrated molybdate mineral ferrimolybdite, Fe2(MoO4)3·7-8H2O. Sejkora J, Cejka J, Malíková R, López A, Xi Y, Frost RL. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2014 Sep 15
- Changes in metabolic pathways of Desulfovibrio alaskensis G20 cells induced by molybdate excess. Nair RR, Silveira CM, Diniz MS, Almeida MG, Moura JJ, Rivas MG. J Biol Inorg Chem. 2015 Mar
- Lithium vanado(V)molybdate(VI), Li[VMoO6]. Ezzine Yahmed S, Nasri R, Zid MF, Driss A. Acta Crystallogr Sect E Struct Rep Online. 2013 Aug 17
- Acquisition and role of molybdate in Pseudomonas aeruginosa. Pederick VG, Eijkelkamp BA, Ween MP, Begg SL, Paton JC, McDevitt CA. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2014 Nov
- Small substrate transport and mechanism of a molybdate ATP binding cassette transporter in a lipid environment. Rice AJ, Harrison A, Alvarez FJ, Davidson AL, Pinkett HW. J Biol Chem. 2014 May 23
- Sodium molybdate - an additive of choice for enhancing the performance of AC/AC electrochemical capacitors in a salt aqueous electrolyte. Abbas Q, Ratajczak P, Béguin F. Faraday Discuss. 2014
- Thermal treatment of solid waste in view of recycling: Chromate and molybdate formation and leaching behaviour. Verbinnen B, Billen P, Vandecasteele C. Waste Manag Res. 2014 May 2
- Intercalation-controlled cyclodehydration of sorbitol in water over layered-niobium-molybdate solid acid. Morita Y, Furusato S, Takagaki A, Hayashi S, Kikuchi R, Oyama ST. ChemSusChem. 2014 Mar
- Hepatoprotective and antifibrotic effects of sodium molybdate in a rat model of bile duct ligation. Ale-Ebrahim M, Eidi A, Mortazavi P, Tavangar SM, Tehrani DM. J Trace Elem Med Biol. 2015 Jan
- High-temperature phase transitions, spectroscopic properties, and dimensionality reduction in rubidium thorium molybdate family. Xiao B, Gesing TM, Kegler P, Modolo G, Bosbach D, Schlenz H, Suleimanov EV, Alekseev EV. Inorg Chem. 2014 Mar 17
- Chemical bond properties and charge transfer bands of O(2-)-Eu(3+), O(2-)-Mo(6+) and O(2-)-W(6+) in Eu(3+)-doped garnet hosts Ln3M5O12 and ABO4 molybdate and tungstate phosphors. Liu X, Li L, Noh HM, Moon BK, Choi BC, Jeong JH. Dalton Trans. 2014 Jun 21
- Triazolyl-based copper-molybdate hybrids: from composition space diagram to magnetism and catalytic performance. Senchyk GA, Lysenko AB, Babaryk AA, Rusanov EB, Krautscheid H, Neves P, Valente AA, Gonçalves IS, Krämer KW, Liu SX, Decurtins S, Domasevitch KV. Inorg Chem. 2014 Oct 6
- Modeling oxyanion adsorption on ferralic soil, part 2: chromate, selenate, molybdate, and arsenate adsorption. Pérez C, Antelo J, Fiol S, Arce F. Environ Toxicol Chem. 2014 Oct
- Developmental toxicity study of sodium molybdate dihydrate administered in the diet to Sprague Dawley rats. Jay Murray F, Tyl RW, Sullivan FM, Tiwary AK, Carey S. Reprod Toxicol. 2014 Sep 16
- Molybdate partly mimics insulin-promoted metabolic effects in Drosophila melanogaster. Rovenko BM, Perkhulyn NV, Lushchak OV, Storey JM, Storey KB, Lushchak VI. Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol. 2014 Sep
- Adsorption of molybdate on molybdate-imprinted chitosan/triethanolamine gel beads. Zhang L, Xue J, Zhou X, Fei X, Wang Y, Zhou Y, Zhong L, Han X. Carbohydr Polym. 2014 Dec 19
- Elucidation of molybdosilicate complexes in the molybdate yellow method by ESI-MS. Takahashi M, Abe Y, Tanaka M. Talanta. 2015 Jan
- One-step synthesis of bismuth molybdate catalysts via flame spray pyrolysis for the selective oxidation of propylene to acrolein. Schuh K, Kleist W, Høj M, Trouillet V, Jensen AD, Grunwaldt JD. Chem Commun (Camb). 2014 Dec 18
- From spin glass to quantum spin liquid ground states in molybdate pyrochlores. Clark L, Nilsen GJ, Kermarrec E, Ehlers G, Knight KS, Harrison A, Attfield JP, Gaulin BD. Phys Rev Lett. 2014 Sep 12
- A three-dimensional cyanide-bridged heterometallic coordination polymer: poly[[diacetonitrilediaqua[μ2-3,6-bis(pyridin-2-yl)-1,2,4,5-tetrazine-kN1,N6:N3,N4]tetra-μ-cyanido-tetracyanidodimanganese(II)molybdate(IV)] dihydrate]. Xu XJ. Acta Crystallogr C Struct Chem. 2014 Nov