Chromium(III) Chloride Hexahydrate
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|CrCl3• 6H2O||10060-12-5||24856418||104957||MFCD00149660||233-038-3||trichlorochromium; hexahydrate||N/A||O.O.O.O.O.O.Cl[Cr](Cl)Cl||InChI=1S/3ClH.Cr.
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Density||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|Cl3CrH12O6||266.45||dark green solid||83°C||N/A||1.76||264.910454||264.910454||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Chromium(III) Chloride Hexahydrate is an excellent water soluble crystalline Chromium source for uses compatible with chlorides. Chromium Chloride is generally immediately available in most volumes. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. We also produce Chromium Chloride Solution. Additional technical, research and safety information is available.
Chromium (atomic symbol: Cr, atomic number: 24) is a Block D, Group 6, Period 4 element with an atomic weight of 51.9961. The number of electrons in each of Chromium's shells is 2, 8, 13, 1 and its electron configuration is [Ar] 3d5 4s1. Chromium was first discovered by Louis Nicolas Vauquelin in 1797. It was first isolated in 1798, also by Louis Nicolas Vauquelin. The chromium atom has a radius of 128 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 189 pm. In its elemental form, chromium has a lustrous steel-gray appearance. Chromium is the hardest metal element in the periodic table and the only element that exhibits antiferromagnetic ordering at room temperature, above which it tranforms into a paramagnetic solid. The most common source of chromium is chromite ore (FeCr2O4). Due to its various colorful compounds, Chromium was named after the Greek word 'chroma' meaning color. For more information on chromium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of chromium products, visit the Chromium Information Center.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|CHROMIUM(III) CHLORIDE HEXAHYDRATE SYNONYMS|
|Chromium trichloride hexahydrate, Hexaaquachromium(III) chloride, Chromic chloride hexahydrate, trichlorochromium hexahydrate, chromic chloride|
CUSTOMERS FOR CHROMIUM(III) CHLORIDE HEXAHYDRATE HAVE ALSO LOOKED AT
|Chromium Chloride||Chromium Fluoride||Chromium Acetate||Chromium Metal||Chromium Acetylacetonate|
|Chromium Nanoparticles||Chromium Oxide Pellets||Chromium Sheets||Chromium Iron Tantalum Alloy||Chromium Pellets|
|Chromium Oxide||Chromium Wire||Chromium Sputtering Target||Aluminum Chromium Alloy||Chromium Powder|
|Show Me MORE Forms of Chromium|
PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Chromium
- Use of modified wheat bran for the removal of chromium(VI) from aqueous solutions. Kaya K, Pehlivan E, Schmidt C, Bahadir M. Food Chem. 2014.
- Reduction of hexavalent chromium by digested oat bran proteins. Tsopmo A, Gao Q, Baakdah MM. Food Chem. 2014 Jun.
- Speciation of chromium and its distribution in tea leaves and tea infusion using titanium dioxide nanotubes packed microcolumn coupled with inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry. Food Chem. 2014 | first author:Chen S
- Nanoscale Zero-Valent Iron (nZVI) assembled on magnetic Fe3O4/graphene for Chromium (VI) removal from aqueous solution. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2014 | first author:Lv X
- Bacterial and osteoblast behavior on titanium, cobalt-chromium alloy and stainless steel treated with alkali and heat: A comparative study for potential orthopedic applications. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2014 | first author:Hu X
- Acute Toxicity by Water Containing Hexavalent or Trivalent Chromium in Native Brazilian Fish, Piaractus mesopotamicus: Anatomopathological Alterations and Mortality. Bull Environ Contam Toxicol. 2014 | first author:Castro MP
- Antioxidant effect of propolis against exposure to chromium in Cyprinus carpio. Environ Toxicol. 2014 create date:2011/11/05 | first author:Yonar ME
- Acute and chronic toxicity of chromium and cadmium to the tropical cladoceran pseudosida ramosa and the implications for ecotoxicological studies. Environ Toxicol. 2014 | first author:Freitas EC
- Formation of oxo-centered trinuclear chromium carboxylate complexes and hydrolysis of Cr3 as established by paramagnetic (2)H NMR spectroscopy. J Inorg Biochem. 2014 | first author:Royer AC
- Chromium stress response effect on signal transduction and expression of signaling genes in rice. Physiol Plant. 2014 create date:2013/09/17 | first author:Trinh NN
- Enhanced adsorption of chromium onto activated carbon by microwave-assisted H3PO4 mixed with Fe/Al/Mn activation. J Hazard Mater. 2014 create date:2013/12/24 | first author:Sun Y
- Highly sensitive detection of chromium (III) ions by resonance Rayleigh scattering enhanced by gold nanoparticles. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2014 | first author:Chen M
- A new heteroleptic oxalate-based compound: poly[[2-(aminomethyl)pyridine]di-Î¼6-oxalato-chromium(III)potassium(I)]. Acta Crystallogr C Struct Chem. 2014 create date:2014/01/09 | first author:Kenfack Tsobnang P.
- Chromium(III) complexation to natural organic matter: mechanisms and modeling. Environ Sci Technol. 2014 | first author:Gustafsson JP
- Supplementary Chromium(III) Propionate Complex Does Not Protect Against Insulin Resistance in High-Fat-Fed Rats. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2014 create date:2014/01/15 | first author:Król E
- Kinetics for adsorptive removal of chromium(VI) from aqueous solutions by ferri hydroxide/oxohydroxides. Ecotoxicology. 2014 | first author:Yu XZ
- Assessment of chromium efficacy on germination, root elongation, and coleoptile growth of wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) at different growth periods. Environ Monit Assess. 2014 create date:2014/01/15 | first author:Dotaniya ML
- High Concentrations of Hexavalent Chromium in Drinking Water Alter Iron Homeostasis in F344 Rats and B6C3F1 Mice. Food Chem Toxicol. 2014 create date:2014/01/15 | first author:Suh M
- Phytoremediation Potential and Nutrient Status of Barringtonia acutangula Gaerth. Tree Seedlings Grown Under Different Chromium (CrVI) Treatments. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2014 create date:2014/01/09 | first author:Kumar D
- Sensitive and selective electrochemical detection of chromium(vi) based on gold nanoparticle-decorated titania nanotube arrays. Jin W, Wu G, Chen A. Analyst. 2014.
Recent Research & Development for Chlorides
- The influence of sodium salts (iodide, chloride and sulfate) on the formation efficiency of sulfamerazine nanocrystals. Lou H, Liu M, Qu W, Johnson J, Brunson E, Almoazen H. Pharm Dev Technol. 2014 Aug.
- Water-solid interactions between amorphous maltodextrins and crystalline sodium chloride. Food Chem. 2014 | first author:Ghorab MK.
- Inducible and titratable silencing of Caenorhabditis elegans neurons in vivo with histamine-gated chloride channels - N Pokala, Q Liu, A Gordus… - Proceedings of the …, 2014 - National Acad Sciences.
- Diminution of 2,3,5-triphenyltetrazolium chloride toxicity on Listeria monocytogenes growth by iron source addition to the culture medium. Junillon T, Flandrois JP. Food Microbiol. 2014 Apr.
- Hepatoprotective Effect of Manganese Chloride Against CCl4-Induced Liver Injury in Rats. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2013 create date:2013/09/17 | first author:Eidi A.
- Influence of mixing and ultrasound frequency on antisolvent crystallisation of sodium chloride. Ultrason Sonochem. 2014 create date:2013/08/21 | first author:Lee J.
- Can zinc(II) ions be doped into the crystal structure of l-proline cadmium chloride monohydrate? Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2013 create date:2013/08/13 | first author:Srinivasan BR
- Copper(ii) chloride mediated (aza)oxindole synthesis by oxidative coupling of Csp(2)-H and Csp(3)-H centers: substrate scope and DFT study. Org Biomol Chem. 2013 create date:2013/08/31 | first author:Dey C
- Cetylpyridinium chloride suppresses gene expression associated with halitosis. Arch Oral Biol. 2013 | first author:Liu J
- Dietary nickel chloride restrains the development of small intestine in broilers. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2013 | first author:Wu B
- Electrochemistry and Spectroelectrochemistry of Europium(III) Chloride in 3LiCl-2KCl from 643 to 1123 K. Anal Chem. 2013 create date:2013/09/11 | first author:Schroll CA
- The effect of ambroxol on chloride transport, CFTR and ENaC in cystic fibrosis airway epithelial cells. Cell Biol Int. 2013 create date:2013/06/15 | first author:Varelogianni G
- In vivo biodistribution and synergistic toxicity of silica nanoparticles and cadmium chloride in mice. Guo M, Xu X, Yan X, Wang S, Gao S, Zhu S. J Hazard Mater. 2013 Sep.
- Analysis of xyloglucans by ambient chloride attachment ionization tandem mass spectrometry. Vinueza NR, Gallardo VA, Klimek JF, Carpita NC, Kenttämaa HI. Carbohydr Polym. 2013 Oct.
- Convenient syntheses of cyanuric chloride-derived NHC ligands, their Ag(i) and Au(i) complexes and antimicrobial activity. Almalioti F, Macdougall J, Hughes S, Hasson MM, Jenkins RL, Ward BD, Tizzard GJ, Coles SJ, Williams DW, Bamford S, Fallis IA, Dervisi A. Dalton Trans. 2013 Sep 14
- Cholic acid modified N-(2-hydroxy)-propyl-3-trimethylammonium chitosan chloride for superoxide dismutase delivery. Cheng Y, Cai H, Yin B, Yao P. Int J Pharm. 2013.
- A novel topical formulation containing strontium chloride significantly reduces the intensity and duration of cowhage-induced itch. Papoiu AD, Valdes-Rodriguez R, Nattkemper LA, Chan YH, Hahn GS, Yosipovitch G. Acta Derm Venereol. 2013 Sep.
- Dextran sodium sulfate inhibits the activities of both polymerase and reverse transcriptase: lithium chloride purification, a rapid and efficient technique to purify RNA. Viennois E, Chen F, Laroui H, Baker MT, Merlin D. BMC Res Notes. 2013.
- Lipid-based intravesical drug delivery systems with controlled release of trospium chloride for the urinary bladder. Haupt M, Thommes M, Heidenreich A, Breitkreutz J. J Control Release.
- Assessment of nickel titanium and beta titanium corrosion resistance behavior in fluoride and chloride environments. Kassab EJ, Gomes JP. Angle Orthod. 2013 Sep.