|Product||Product Code||Order or Specifications|
|(2N) 99% Ammonium Tetrathiomolybdate||AM-THMO-02|
|(3N) 99.9% Ammonium Tetrathiomolybdate||AM-THMO-03|
|(4N) 99.99% Ammonium Tetrathiomolybdate||AM-THMO-04|
|(5N) 99.999% Ammonium Tetrathiomolybdate||AM-THMO-05|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|(NH4)2MoS4||15060-55-6||162220186||10106661||MFCD00136013||N/A||diazanium; molybdenum; tetrasulfide||N/A||[S-2].[S-2].[S-
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Density||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|H8MoN2S4||260.28||Red. green, purple, or black powder||>300 °C||N/A||N/A||261.86244||261.86244||-6||Safety Data Sheet|
Ammonium Tetrathiomolybdate is generally immediately available in most volumes. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Molybdenum (atomic symbol: Mo, atomic number: 42) is a Block D, Group 6, Period 5 element with an atomic weight of 95.96. The number of electrons in each of molybdenum's shells is [2, 8, 18, 13, 1] and its electron configuration is [Kr] 4d5 5s1. The molybdenum atom has a radius of 139 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 209 pm. In its elemental form, molybdenum has a gray metallic appearance. Molybdenum was discovered by Carl Wilhelm in 1778 and first isolated by Peter Jacob Hjelm in 1781. Molybdenum is the 54th most abundant element in the earth's crust. It has the third highest melting point of any element, exceeded only by tungsten and tantalum. Molybdenum does not occur naturally as a free metal, it is found in various oxidation states in minerals. The primary commercial source of molybdenum is molybdenite, although it is also recovered as a byproduct of copper and tungsten mining. The origin of the name Molybdenum comes from the Greek word molubdos meaning lead. For more information on molybdenum, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of molybdenum products, visit the Molybdenum Information Center.
Sulfur or Sulphur (atomic symbol: S, atomic number: 16) is a Block P, Group 16, Period 3 element with an atomic radius of 32.066. The number of electrons in each of Sulfur's shells is 2, 8, 6 and its electron configuration is [Ne]3s2 3p4. In its elemental form, sulfur has a light yellow appearance. The sulfur atom has a covalent radius of 105 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 180 pm. In nature, sulfur can be found in hot springs, meteorites, volcanoes, and as galena, gypsum, and epsom salts. Sulfur has been known since ancient times but was not accepted as an element until 1777 when Antoine Lavoisier helped to convince the scientific community that it was an element and not a compound. For more information on sulfur, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of sulfur products, visit the Sulfur Information Center.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|AMMONIUM TETRATHIOMOLYBDATE SYNONYMS|
|Diammonium disulfido(dithioxo)molybdenum; Ammonium molybdenum sulfide; Diammonium tetrathioxomolybdate(2-); diammonium molybdenum tetrasulfide; Thiomolybdic acid, diammonium salt; Molybdate(2-), tetrathioxo-, diammonium, (T-4)-|
PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Molybdenum
- Sub-femtomolar DNA detection based on layered molybdenum disulfide/multi-walled carbon nanotube composites, Au nanoparticle and enzyme multiple signal amplification. Huang KJ, Liu YJ, Wang HB, Wang YY, Liu YM. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 May
- Electro-reduction of nitrogen on molybdenum nitride: structure, energetics, and vibrational spectra from DFT. Matanovic I, Garzon FH, Henson NJ. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2014 Feb.
- Automated in-chip kinetic-catalytic method for molybdenum determination. Phansi P, Henríquez C, Palacio E, Nacapricha D, Cerdà V. Talanta. 2014 Feb.
- Nano-molybdenum carbide/carbon nanotubes composite as bifunctional anode catalyst for high-performance Escherichia coli-based microbial fuel cell. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 create date:2013/09/03 | first author:Wang Y.
- Molybdenum cofactor: A key component of Mycobacterium tuberculosis pathogenesis? Williams M, Mizrahi V, Kana BD. Crit Rev Microbiol. 2014 Feb.
- Method validation for simultaneous determination of chromium, molybdenum and selenium in infant formulas by ICP-OES and ICP-MS. Food Chem. 2013 create date:2013/09/03 | first author:Khan N.
- The reactivity of molybdenum pentachloride with ethers: routes to the synthesis of Mo(IV)Cl4 adducts, Mo(v) chlorido-alkoxides and Mo(v) oxydo-chlorides. Dalton Trans. 2013 create date:2013/09/06 | first author:Marchetti F
- Tungsten and molybdenum incomplete cuboidal clusters; kinetico-mechanistic studies and association in dimers. Dalton Trans. 2013 create date:2013/09/03 | first author:Hernandez-Molina R
- Elastic bending modulus of single-layer molybdenum disulfide (MoS2): finite thickness effect. Nanotechnology. 2013 create date:2013/10/03 | first author:Jiang JW
- Iron-molybdenum-oxo complexes as initiators for olefin autoxidation with O(2.) Dalton Trans. 2013 create date:2013/10/25 | first author:Falkenhagen JP
- Hopping transport through defect-induced localized states in molybdenum disulphide. Nat Commun. 2013 create date:2013/10/24 | first author:Qiu H
- Effect of exchange of the cysteine molybdenum ligand by selenocysteine on structure and function of the active site in human sulfite oxidase. Biochemistry. 2013 create date:2013/10/24 | first author:Reschke S
- Tris(3,5-di-tert-butylcatecholato)molybdenum(VI): Lewis Acidity and Nonclassical Oxygen Atom Transfer Reactions. Inorg Chem. 2013 create date:2013/10/24 | first author:Randolph AH
- Graphene-molybdenum oxynitride porous material with improved cyclic stability and rate capability for rechargeable lithium ion batteries. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2013 | first author:Zhou D
- Alkene to carbyne: tandem lewis Acid activation and dehydrogenation of a molybdenum ethylene complex. Angew Chem Int Ed Engl. 2013 create date:2013/09/17 | first author:Stennett TE
- The interaction of molybdenum pentachloride with O- and S-heterocycles. Dalton Trans. 2013 create date:2013/10/15 | first author:Favero L
- Highly Active, Low-Valence Molybdenum- and Tungsten-Amide Catalysts for Bifunctional Imine-Hydrogenation Reactions. Chem Asian J. 2013 create date:2013/10/17 | first author:Chakraborty S
- Revealing and accelerating slow electron transport in amorphous molybdenum sulphide particles for hydrogen evolution reaction. Chem Commun (Camb). 2013 | first author:Vrubel H
- Gypsum addition to soils contaminated by red mud: implications for aluminium, arsenic, molybdenum and vanadium solubility. Environ Geochem Health. 2013 | first author:Lehoux AP
- Trace elements (copper, zinc, selenium and molybdenum) as markers in oral sub mucous fibrosis and oral squamous cell carcinoma. J Trace Elem Med Biol. 2013 create date:2013/05/15 | first author:Khanna S
Recent Research & Development for Sulfur
- Identification and origin of odorous sulfur compounds in cooked ham. Thomas C, Mercier F, Tournayre P, Martin JL, Berdagué JL. Food Chem. 2014.
- Heterotrophic and elemental-sulfur-based autotrophic denitrification processes for simultaneous nitrate and Cr(VI) reduction. Sahinkaya E, Kilic A. Water Res. 2014 Mar.
- Comparison of aroma active and sulfur volatiles in three fragrant rice cultivars using GC-Olfactometry and GC-PFPD. Mahattanatawee K, Rouseff RL. Food Chem. 2014.
- Topsoil drying combined with increased sulfur supply leads to enhanced aliphatic glucosinolates in Brassica juncea leaves and roots. Tong Y, Gabriel-Neumann E, Ngwene B, Krumbein A, George E, Platz S, Rohn S, Schreiner M. Food Chem. 2014 Jun.
- Role of sulfur assimilation pathway in cadmium hyperaccumulation by Sedum alfredii Hance. Liang J, Shohag MJ, Yang X, Tian S, Zhang Y, Feng Y, He Z. Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2014 Feb.
- Genomic properties of Marine Group A bacteria indicate a role in the marine sulfur cycle. Wright JJ, Mewis K, Hanson NW, Konwar KM, Maas KR, Hallam SJ. ISME J. 2014 Feb.
- Comparison of bioleaching of heavy metals from municipal sludge using indigenous sulfur and iron-oxidizing microorganisms: Continuous stirred tank reactor studies. Pathak A, Kothari R, Dastidar MG, Sreekrishnan TR, Kim DJ. J Environ Sci Health A Tox Hazard Subst Environ Eng. 2014
- XAS spectroscopy, sulfur, and the brew within blood cells from Ascidia ceratodes. Frank P, Hedman B, Hodgson KO. J Inorg Biochem. 2014 Feb.
- Influence of supplemental vitamin C on postmortem protein degradation and fatty acid profiles of the longissimus thoracis of steers fed varying concentrations of dietary sulfur. Pogge DJ, Lonergan SM, Hansen SL. Meat Sci. 2014 Feb
- Bacteria morphology and diversity of the combined autotrophic nitritation and sulfur-carbon three-dimensional-electrode denitrification process. Wang H, Zhou Y, Yuan Q, Zhao H, Dai X. J Environ Sci Health A Tox Hazard Subst Environ Eng. 2014
- Digestive recovery of sulfur-methyl-l-methionine and its bioaccessibility in Kimchi cabbages using a simulated in vitro digestion model system. Lee HR, Cho SD, Lee WK, Kim GH, Shim SM. J Sci Food Agric. 2014 Jan.
- Identification and characterization of mitochondrial Mia40 as an iron-sulfur protein. Spiller MP, Ang SK, Ceh-Pavia E, Fisher K, Wang Q, Rigby SE, Lu H. Biochem J. 2013 create date:2013/07/10 | first author:Spiller MP
- Microbial treatment of sulfur-contaminated industrial wastes. Gómez-Ramírez M, Zarco-Tovar K, Aburto J, de León RG, Rojas-Avelizapa NG. J Environ Sci Health A Tox Hazard Subst Environ Eng. 2014.
- Site-specific mutagenesis and functional analysis of active sites of sulfur oxygenase reductase from Gram-positive moderate thermophile Sulfobacillus acidophilus TPY. Zhang H, Guo W, Xu C, Zhou H, Chen X. Microbiol Res. 2013 Dec.
- A conserved lysine residue controls iron-sulfur cluster redox chemistry in Escherichia coli fumarate reductase. Cheng VW, Tran QM, Boroumand N, Rothery RA, Maklashina E, Cecchini G, Weiner JH. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013 create date:2013/05/29 | first author:Cheng VW
- Modified method for determination of sulfur metabolites in plant tissues by stable isotope dilution-based liquid chromatography-electrospray ionization-tandem mass spectrometry. Chang YL, Hsieh CL, Huang YM, Chiou WL, Kuo YH, Tseng MH. Anal Biochem. 2013 create date:2013/08/06 | first author:Chang YL
- Solution equilibria of anticancer ruthenium(II)-(Î·(6)-p-cymene)-hydroxy(thio)pyr(id)one complexes: Impact of sulfur vs. oxygen donor systems on the speciation and bioactivity. Enyedy EA, Sija E, Jakusch T, Hartinger CG, Kandioller W, Keppler BK, Kiss T. J Inorg Biochem. 2013 create date:2013/06/01 | first author:Enyedy EA
- A clinicopathological approach to sulfur mustard-induced organ complications: a major review. Ghasemi H, Owlia P, Jalali-Nadoushan MR, Pourfarzam S, Azimi G, Yarmohammadi ME, Shams J, Fallahi F, Moaiedmohseni S, Moin A, Yaraee R, Vaez-Mahdavi MR, Faghihzadeh S, Mohammad Hassan Z, Soroush MR, Naghizadeh MM, Ardestani SK, Ghazanfari T. Cutan Ocul Toxicol. 2013 create date:2013/04/18 | first author:Ghasemi H
- Sulfur-oxidizing bacteria dominate the microbial diversity shift during the pyrite and low-grade pyrolusite bioleaching process. Han Y, Ma X, Zhao W, Chang Y, Zhang X, Wang X, Wang J, Huang Z. J Biosci Bioeng. | first author:Han Y
- Temperature and carbon assimilation regulate the chlorosome biogenesis in green sulfur bacteria. Tang JK, Saikin SK, Pingali SV, Enriquez MM, Huh J, Frank HA, Urban VS, Aspuru-Guzik A. Biophys J. 2013 create date:2013/09/21 | first author:Tang JK