Nickel Cobalt Chromium Nanoparticles
Ni Co Cr Nanoparticles/Nanopowder
Nickel Cobalt Chromium (NiCoCr) Nanoparticles, nanodots or nanopowder are spherical or faceted high surface area metal particles. Nanoscale Tin Particles are typically 10-20 nanometers (nm) with specific surface area (SSA) in the 30 - 60 m 2 /g range and also available in with an average particle size of 80 nm range with a specific surface area of approximately 12 m 2 /g. Nano Tin Particles are also available in Ultra high purity and high purity and coated and dispersed forms. They are also available as a nanofluid through the AE Nanofluid production group. Nanofluids are generally defined as suspended nanoparticles in solution either using surfactant or surface charge technology. Nanofluid dispersion and coating selection technical guidance is also available. Other nanostructures include nanorods, nanowhiskers, nanohorns, nanopyramids and other nanocomposites. Surface functionalized nanoparticles allow for the particles to be preferentially adsorbed at the surface interface using chemically bound polymers.
Nickel (atomic symbol: Ni, atomic number: 28) is a Block D, Group 4, Period 4 element with an atomic weight of 58.6934. The number of electrons in each of nickel's shells is [2, 8, 16, 2] and its electron configuration is [Ar]3d8 4s2. Nickel was first discovered by Alex Constedt in 1751. The nickel atom has a radius of 124 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 184 pm. In its elemental form, nickel has a lustrous metallic silver appearance. Nickel is a hard and ductile transition metal that is considered corrosion-resistant because of its slow rate of oxidation. It is one of four elements that are ferromagnetic and is used in the production of various type of magnets for commercial use. Nickel is sometimes found free in nature but is more commonly found in ores. The bulk of mined nickel comes from laterite and magmatic sulfide ores. The name originates from the German word "kupfernickel," which means "false copper" from the illusory copper color of the ore. For more information on nickel, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of nickel products, visit the Nickel Information Center.
Cobalt (atomic symbol: Co, atomic number: 27) is a Block D, Group 9, Period 4 element with an atomic weight of 58.933195. The number of electrons in each of cobalt's shells is 2, 8, 15, 2 and its electron configuration is [Ar] 3d7 4s2The cobalt atom has a radius of 125 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 192 pm. Cobalt was first discovered by George Brandt in 1732. In its elemental form, cobalt has a lustrous gray appearance. Cobalt is found in cobaltite, erythrite, glaucodot and skutterudite ores. Cobalt produces brilliant blue pigments which have been used since ancient times to color paint and glass. Cobalt is a ferromagnetic metal and is used primarily in the production of magnetic and high-strength superalloys. Co-60, a commercially important radioisotope, is useful as a radioactive tracer and gamma ray source. The origin of the word Cobalt comes from the German word "Kobalt" or "Kobold," which translates as "goblin," "elf" or "evil spirit." For more information on cobalt, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of cobalt products, visit the Cobalt Information Center.
Chromium (atomic symbol: Cr, atomic number: 24) is a Block D, Group 6, Period 4 element with an atomic weight of 51.9961. The number of electrons in each of Chromium's shells is 2, 8, 13, 1 and its electron configuration is [Ar] 3d5 4s1. Chromium was first discovered by Louis Nicolas Vauquelin in 1797. It was first isolated in 1798, also by Louis Nicolas Vauquelin. The chromium atom has a radius of 128 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 189 pm. In its elemental form, chromium has a lustrous steel-gray appearance. Chromium is the hardest metal element in the periodic table and the only element that exhibits antiferromagnetic ordering at room temperature, above which it tranforms into a paramagnetic solid. The most common source of chromium is chromite ore (FeCr2O4). Due to its various colorful compounds, Chromium was named after the Greek word 'chroma' meaning color. For more information on chromium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of chromium products, visit the Chromium Information Center.
CUSTOMERS FOR NICKEL COBALT CHROMIUM NANOPARTICLES HAVE ALSO LOOKED AT
|Nickel Copper Iron Alloy||Nickel Foil||Nickel Nanoparticles||Nickel Molybdenum Alloy||Nickel Pellets|
|Nickel Oxide Pellets||Nickel Powder||Nickel Oxide||Nickel Sputtering Target||Nickel Acetylacetonate|
|Nickel Sulfate||Nickel Metal||Nickel Chloride||Nickel Acetate||Nickel Rod|
|Show Me MORE Forms of Nickel|
PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Nickel
- Efficacy of reducing agent and surfactant contacting pattern on the performance characteristics of nickel electroless plating baths coupled with and without ultrasound. Agarwal A, Pujari M, Uppaluri R, Verma A. Ultrason Sonochem. 2014.
- One-step electrodeposition of graphene loaded nickel oxides nanoparticles for acetaminophen detection. Liu GT, Chen HF, Lin GM, Ye PP, Wang XP, Jiao YZ, Guo XY, Wen Y, Yang HF. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014.
- Nickel oxide hollow microsphere for non-enzyme glucose detection. Ci S, Huang T, Wen Z, Cui S, Mao S, Steeber DA, Chen J. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 Apr.
- Electrocatalysis and electroanalysis of nickel, its oxides, hydroxides and oxyhydroxides toward small molecules. Miao Y, Ouyang L, Zhou S, Xu L, Yang Z, Xiao M, Ouyang R. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 Mar.
- Halo-substituted thiosemicarbazones and their copper(II), nickel(II) complexes: Detailed spectroscopic characterization and study of antitumour activity against HepG2 human hepatoblastoma cells. Jagadeesh M, Kalangi SK, Sivarama Krishna L, Reddy AV. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2014
- Low elastic modulus titanium-nickel scaffolds for bone implants. Li J, Yang H, Wang H, Ruan J. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2014 Jan
- Platelet-like nickel hydroxide: Synthesis and the transferring to nickel oxide as a gas sensor. Zhu G, Xu H, Liu Y, Xi C, Yang J, Shen X, Zhu J, Yang J. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2013 Dec.
- Direct electrochemistry and electrocatalysis of heme proteins immobilised in carbon-coated nickel magnetic nanoparticle-chitosan-dimethylformamide composite films in room-temperature ionic liquids. Bioelectrochemistry. 2013 | first author:Wang T
- Influence of the microstructure on electrochemical corrosion and nickel release in NiTi orthodontic archwires. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2013 create date:2013/10/08 | first author:BriceÃ±o J
- Nickel analysis in real samples by Ni(2+) selective PVC membrane electrode based on a new Schiff base. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2013 create date:2013/10/08 | first author:Tomar PK
- Preparation of biomorphic porous calcium titanate and its application for preconcentration of nickel in water and food samples. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2013 create date:2013/10/08 | first author:Zhang D
- Functionalization of nickel nanowires with a fluorophore aiming at new probes for multimodal bioanalysis. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2013 create date:2013/09/04 | first author:Pinheiro PC
- Ambient arylmagnesiation of alkynes catalysed by ligandless nickel(ii). Chem Commun (Camb). 2013 create date:2013/09/21 | first author:Xue F
- Dietary nickel chloride restrains the development of small intestine in broilers. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2013 create date:2013/08/21 | first author:Wu BSynthesis, characterization and structural determination of some nickel(II) complexes containing imido Schiff bases and substituted phosphine ligands. Kianfar AH, Ebrahimi M. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2013 Nov
- An electrochemical acetylcholine sensor based on lichen-like nickel oxide nanostructure. Sattarahmady N, Heli H, Vais RD. Biosens Bioelectron. 2013 Oct 15.
- Synthesis of HPMC stabilized nickel nanoparticles and investigation of their magnetic and catalytic properties. Maity D, Mollick MM, Mondal D, Bhowmick B, Neogi SK, Banerjee A, Chattopadhyay S, Bandyopadhyay S, Chattopadhyay D. Carbohydr Polym. 2013 Oct 15.
- Nickel(iii) complexes of di-amidato-di-phenolato ligands: effect of H-bonding. Eckshtain-Levi M, Orio M, Lavi R, Benisvy L. Dalton Trans. 2013 Oct.
- Borate-templated self-assembly of multinuclear nickel(ii)-containing POMs. Li S, Liu S, Tang Q, Liu Y, He D, Wang S, Shi Z. Dalton Trans. 2013 Oct 7.
- Nickel(ii) in chelate N2O2 environment. DFT approach and in-depth molecular orbital and configurational analysis. Trifunovic SR, Miletic VD, Jevtic VV, Meetsma A, Matovic ZD. Dalton Trans. 2013 Oct.
- Correlation between endodontic broken instrument and nickel level in urine. Saghiri MA, Sheibani N, Garcia-Godoy F, Asatourian A, Mehriar P, Scarbecz M. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2013.
- A review on nickel-free nitrogen containing austenitic stainless steels for biomedical applications. Talha M, Behera CK, Sinha OP. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2013.
Recent Research & Development for Cobalt
- Cytotoxicity and morphological transforming potential of cobalt nanoparticles, microparticles and ions in Balb/3T3 mouse fibroblasts: an in vitro model. Sabbioni E, Fortaner S, Farina M, Del Torchio R, Olivato I, Petrarca C, Bernardini G, Mariani-Costantini R, Perconti S, Di Giampaolo L, Gornati R, Di Gioacchino M. Nanotoxicology. 2014
- Evaluation of albumin structural modifications through cobalt-albumin binding (CAB) assay. Lee E, Eom JE, Jeon KH, Kim TH, Kim E, Jhon GJ, Kwon Y. J Pharm Biomed Anal. 2014
- Combined use of HPLC-ICP-MS and microwave-assisted extraction for the determination of cobalt compounds in nutritive supplements. Food Chem. 2014 | first author:Yang FY
- A novel bioelectrochemical sensing platform based on covalently attachment of cobalt phthalocyanine to graphene oxide. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 create date:2013/09/17 | first author:Hosseini H
- Biosorption of cobalt(II) with sunflower biomass from aqueous solutions in a fixed bed column and neural networks modelling. Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2014 | first author:Oguz E
- Elaboration of ammonia gas sensors based on electrodeposited polypyrrole-Cobalt phthalocyanine hybrid films. Talanta. 2013 create date:2013/11/12 | first author:Patois T Growth and micromagnetism of self-assembled epitaxial fcc(111) cobaltÂ dots. J Phys Condens Matter. 2013 create date:2013/11/05 | first author:Fruchart O
- Aptasensor based on the synergistic contributions of chitosan-gold nanoparticles, graphene-gold nanoparticles and multi-walled carbon nanotubes-cobalt phthalocyanine nanocomposites for kanamycin detection. Analyst. 2014 | first author:Sun X
- Nano-aggregates of cobalt nickel oxysulfide as a high-performance electrode material for supercapacitors. Nanoscale. 2013 create date:2013/10/16 | first author:Liu L
- Dielectric properties of cobalt ferrite nanoparticles in ultrathin nanocomposite films. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2013 create date:2013/10/23 | first author:Alcantara GB
- Cobalt(III) Diazabutadiene Precursors for Metal Deposition: Nanoparticle and Thin Film Growth. Inorg Chem. 2013 create date:2013/11/19 | first author:Pugh T
- Cobalt Fluorocarbenes: Cycloaddition Reactions with Tetrafluoroethylene and Reactivity of the Perfluorometallacyclic Products. J Am Chem Soc. 2013 | first author:Harrison DJ
- Crystal structures of manganese and cobalt dichloride monohydrate and deuteration effects on magnetic behavior. Inorg Chem. 2013 create date:2013/11/21 | first author:Pagola S
- Detection of cobalt in synovial fluid from metal-on-metal hip prosthesis: correlation with the ion haematic level. Biomarkers. 2013 create date:2013/10/19 | first author:Beraudi A
- Does cobalt spot testing of copper items result in false-positive test reactions? Contact Dermatitis. 2013 create date:2013/11/13 | first author:Thyssen JP
- Enhancement of the adhesion between cobalt-base alloys and veneer ceramic by application of an oxide dissolving primer. Dent Mater. 2013 create date:2013/11/05 | first author:Kohorst P
- High frequencies of positive nickel/cobalt patch tests and high sweat nickel concentration in patients with intrinsic atopic dermatitis. J Dermatol Sci. 2013 create date:2013/09/17 | first author:Yamaguchi H
- Prosthetic hip-associated cobalt toxicity. J Med Toxicol. 2013 | first author:Pizon AF
- Clinical features, testing, and management of patients with suspected prosthetic hip-associated cobalt toxicity: a systematic review of cases. J Med Toxicol. 2013 | first author:Devlin JJ
- Fabrication of cobalt magnetic nanostructures using atomic force microscope lithography. J Nanosci Nanotechnol. 2013 | first author:Chu H
- Performance assessment of femoral knee components made from cobalt-chromium alloy and oxidized zirconium. Knee. 2013 | first author:Brandt JM
Recent Research & Development for Chromium
- Reduction of hexavalent chromium by digested oat bran proteins. Tsopmo A, Gao Q, Baakdah MM. Food Chem. 2014 Jun.
- Speciation of chromium and its distribution in tea leaves and tea infusion using titanium dioxide nanotubes packed microcolumn coupled with inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry. Food Chem. 2014 | first author:Chen S
- Nanoscale Zero-Valent Iron (nZVI) assembled on magnetic Fe3O4/graphene for Chromium (VI) removal from aqueous solution. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2014 | first author:Lv X
- Bacterial and osteoblast behavior on titanium, cobalt-chromium alloy and stainless steel treated with alkali and heat: A comparative study for potential orthopedic applications. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2014 | first author:Hu X
- Acute Toxicity by Water Containing Hexavalent or Trivalent Chromium in Native Brazilian Fish, Piaractus mesopotamicus: Anatomopathological Alterations and Mortality. Bull Environ Contam Toxicol. 2014 | first author:Castro MP
- Antioxidant effect of propolis against exposure to chromium in Cyprinus carpio. Environ Toxicol. 2014 create date:2011/11/05 | first author:Yonar ME
- Acute and chronic toxicity of chromium and cadmium to the tropical cladoceran pseudosida ramosa and the implications for ecotoxicological studies. Environ Toxicol. 2014 | first author:Freitas EC
- Formation of oxo-centered trinuclear chromium carboxylate complexes and hydrolysis of Cr3 as established by paramagnetic (2)H NMR spectroscopy. J Inorg Biochem. 2014 | first author:Royer AC
- Chromium stress response effect on signal transduction and expression of signaling genes in rice. Physiol Plant. 2014 create date:2013/09/17 | first author:Trinh NN
- Enhanced adsorption of chromium onto activated carbon by microwave-assisted H3PO4 mixed with Fe/Al/Mn activation. J Hazard Mater. 2014 create date:2013/12/24 | first author:Sun Y
- Highly sensitive detection of chromium (III) ions by resonance Rayleigh scattering enhanced by gold nanoparticles. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2014 | first author:Chen M
- A new heteroleptic oxalate-based compound: poly[[2-(aminomethyl)pyridine]di-Î¼6-oxalato-chromium(III)potassium(I)]. Acta Crystallogr C Struct Chem. 2014 create date:2014/01/09 | first author:Kenfack Tsobnang P.
- Chromium(III) complexation to natural organic matter: mechanisms and modeling. Environ Sci Technol. 2014 create date:2014/01/16 | first author:Gustafsson JP
- Supplementary Chromium(III) Propionate Complex Does Not Protect Against Insulin Resistance in High-Fat-Fed Rats. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2014 create date:2014/01/15 | first author:Król E
- Kinetics for adsorptive removal of chromium(VI) from aqueous solutions by ferri hydroxide/oxohydroxides. Ecotoxicology. 2014 | first author:Yu XZ
- Assessment of chromium efficacy on germination, root elongation, and coleoptile growth of wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) at different growth periods. Environ Monit Assess. 2014 create date:2014/01/15 | first author:Dotaniya ML
- High Concentrations of Hexavalent Chromium in Drinking Water Alter Iron Homeostasis in F344 Rats and B6C3F1 Mice. Food Chem Toxicol. 2014 create date:2014/01/15 | first author:Suh M
- Phytoremediation Potential and Nutrient Status of Barringtonia acutangula Gaerth. Tree Seedlings Grown Under Different Chromium (CrVI) Treatments. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2014 create date:2014/01/09 | first author:Kumar D
- Sensitive and selective electrochemical detection of chromium(vi) based on gold nanoparticle-decorated titania nanotube arrays. Jin W, Wu G, Chen A. Analyst. 2014 Jan.
- Effects of arsenate, chromate, and sulfate on arsenic and chromium uptake and translocation by arsenic hyperaccumulator Pteris vittata L. de Oliveira LM, Ma LQ, Santos JA, Guilherme LR, Lessl JT. Environ Pollut. 2014 Jan.