Gold(I) Potassium Cyanide
|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|(2N) 99% Gold(I) Potassium Cyanide||AU1-KCY-02||Request Quote|
|(2N5) 99.5% Gold(I) Potassium Cyanide||AU1-KCY-025||Request Quote|
|(3N) 99.9% Gold(I) Potassium Cyanide||AU1-KCY-03||Request Quote|
|(3N5) 99.95% Gold(I) Potassium Cyanide||AU1-KCY-035||Request Quote|
|(4N) 99.99% Gold(I) Potassium Cyanide||AU1-KCY-04||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Gold(I) Potassium Cyanide||AU1-KCY-05||Request Quote|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|KAu(CN)2||13967-50-5||159710||MFCD00011414||237-748-4||potassium; gold(3+); tetrathiocyanate||6235525||[Au+].[K+].[C-]#N.[C-]#N||InChI=1S/2CN.Au.K
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Density||Exact Mass||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|C2AuKN2||288.10||white powder or crystals||N/A||N/A||3.45 g/cm3||287.936423||287.936423||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Gold(I) Potassium Cyanide (Potassium Gold Cyanide) is generally immediately available in most volumes. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Gold (atomic symbol: Au, atomic number: 79) is a Block D, Group 11, Period 6 element with an atomic weight of 196.966569. The number of electrons in each of Gold's shells is 2, 8, 18, 32, 18, 1 and its electron configuration is [Xe] 4f142 5d10 6s1. The gold atom has a radius of 144 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 217 pm. Gold was first discovered by Early Man prior to 6000 B.C. In its elemental form, gold has a metallic yellow appearance. Gold is a soft metal and is usually alloyed to give it more strength. It is a good conductor of heat and electricity, and is unaffected by air and most reagents. It is one of the least reactive chemical elements. Gold is often found as a free element and with silver as a gold silver alloy. Less commonly, it is found in minerals as gold compounds, usually with tellurium. For more information on gold, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of gold products, visit the Gold element page.
Potassium (atomic symbol: K, atomic number: 19) is a Block S, Group 1, Period 4 element with an atomic weight of 39.0983. The number of electrons in each of Potassium's shells is [2, 8, 8, 1] and its electron configuration is [Ar] 4s1. The potassium atom has a radius of 227.2 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 275 pm. Potassium was discovered and first isolated by Sir Humphrey Davy in 1807. Potassium is the seventh most abundant element on earth. It is one of the most reactive and electropositive of all metals and rapidly oxidizes. As with other alkali metals, potassium decomposes in water with the evolution of hydrogen; because of its reacts violently with water, it only occurs in nature in ionic salts. In its elemental form, potassium has a silvery gray metallic appearance, but its compounds (such as potassium hydroxide) are more frequently used in industrial and chemical applications. The origin of the element's name comes from the English word 'potash,' meaning pot ashes, and the Arabic word qali, which means alkali. The symbol K originates from the Latin word kalium. For more information on potassium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of potassium products, visit the Potassium element page.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Transport Information||UN 1588 6.1/PG 1|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|GOLD(I) POTASSIUM CYANIDE SYNONYMS|
|Potassium dicyanoaurate(I); Potassium gold cyanide; Gold(1+) potassium cyanide (1:1:2); Aurate(1-), bis(cyano-C)-, potassium; monopotassium dicyanoaurate; potassium dicyanaurate; potassium dicyanidoaurate(I), GPC|
|CUSTOMERS FOR GOLD(I) POTASSIUM CYANIDE HAVE ALSO LOOKED AT|
|Gold Powder||Gold Nanoparticles||Gold Metal||Gold Sheet||Gold Nitrate|
|Gold Acetate||Tin Gold Alloy||Gold Foil||Gold Chloride||Copper Gold Nickel Alloy|
|Gold Sputtering Target||Gold Oxide Pellets||Gold Pellets||Gold Fluoride||Gold Bar|
|Show Me MORE Forms of Gold|
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Gold
- Green synthesis of gold nanoparticles using chlorogenic acid and their enhanced performance for inflammation.. Hwang SJ, Jun SH, Park Y, Cha SH, Yoon M, Cho S, Lee HJ, Park Y.. Nanomedicine. 2015 May 20.
- Online open-tubular fractionation scheme coupled with push-pull perfusion sampling for profiling extravasation of gold nanoparticles in a mouse tumor model.. Su CK, Tseng PJ, Lin MH, Chiu HT, Del Vall A, Huang YF, Sun YC.. J Chromatogr A. 2015 May 12.
- Quantitative characterization of gold nanoparticles by coupling thin layer chromatography with laser ablation inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry.. Yan N, Zhu Z, Jin L, Guo W, Gan Y, Hu S.. Anal Chem. 2015 May 25.
- Non-enzymatic detection of urea using unmodified gold nanoparticles based aptasensor.. Kumar P, Ramulu Lambadi P, Kumar Navani N.. Biosens Bioelectron. 2015 May 12
- Cytotoxicity and cytokine release in rat hepatocytes, C3A cells and macrophages exposed to gold nanoparticles--effect of biological dispersion media or corona.. Brown DM, Johnston H, Gubbins E, Stone V.. J Biomed Nanotechnol. 2014 Nov
- Toxicity of silver and gold nanoparticles on marine microalgae.. Moreno-Garrido I, Pérez S, Blasco J.. Mar Environ Res. 2015 May 16.
- Anti-tumor activity of verbascoside loaded gold nanoparticles.. Zhang Y, Liu B, Wu H, Li B, Xu J, Duan L, Jiang C, Zhao X, Yuan Y, Zhang G, Zeng X.. J Biomed Nanotechnol. 2014 Dec
- Adsorption and sub-nanomolar sensing of thioflavin T on colloidal gold nanoparticles, silver nanoparticles and silver-coated films studied using surface-enhanced Raman scattering.. Maiti N, Chadha R, Das A, Kapoor S.. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2015 May 19
- Visual determination of aliphatic diamines based on host-guest recognition of calixarene derivatives capped gold nanoparticles.. Chen Y, Zhang J, Gao Y, Lee J, Chen H, Yin Y.. Biosens Bioelectron. 2015 Apr 14
Recent Research & Development for Potassium
- Potassium Bicarbonate Supplementation Lowers Bone Turnover and Calcium Excretion in Older Men and Women: A Randomized Dose-Finding Trial.. Dawson-Hughes B, Harris SS, Palermo NJ, Gilhooly CH, Shea MK, Fielding RA, Ceglia L.. J Bone Miner Res. 2015 May 19.
- Range-resolved detection of potassium chloride using picosecond differential absorption light detection and ranging.. Leffler T, Brackmann C, Ehn A, Kaldvee B, Aldén M, Berg M, Bood J.. Appl Opt. 2015 Feb 10
- Daily Sodium and Potassium Excretion Can Be Estimated by Scheduled Spot Urine Collections.. Doenyas-Barak K, Beberashvili I, Bar-Chaim A, Averbukh Z, Vogel O, Efrati S.. Nephron. 2015 May 19.
- ATP-Sensitive Potassium Channel Activation Induces Angiogenesis in vitro and in vivo.. Umaru B, Pyriochou A, Kotsikoris V, Papapetropoulos A, Topouzis S.. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2015 May 14.
- An Ankyrin-G N-terminal gate and casein kinase 2 dually regulate binding of voltage-gated sodium and KCNQ2/3 potassium channels.. Xu M, Cooper EC.. J Biol Chem. 2015 May 21.
- Effects of 3,5-Diiodotyrosine and Potassium Iodide on Thyroid Function and Oxidative Stress in Iodine-Excess Wistar Rats.. Liu D, Lin X, Yu F, Zhang M, Chen H, Bao W, Wang X.. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2015 May 24.
- Effect of cationic molecules on the oxygen reduction reaction on fuel cell grade Pt/C (20 wt%) catalyst in potassium hydroxide (aq, 1 mol dm-3). Ong AL, Inglis KK, Whelligan DK, Murphy S, Varcoe JR. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2015 Apr 16. : Phys Chem Chem Phys
- Comparison of modified Chicago sky blue stain and potassium hydroxide mount for the diagnosis of dermatomycoses and onychomycoses. Liu Z, Sheng P, Yang YP, Li W, Huang WM, Wang JD, Fan YM. J Microbiol Methods. 2015 Mar 9
- Pretreatment of wheat straw with potassium hydroxide for increasing enzymatic and microbial degradability. Liu X, Zicari SM, Liu G, Li Y, Zhang R. Bioresour Technol. 2015 Feb 17
- Effects of different cavity-disinfectants and potassium titanyl phosphate laser on microtensile bond strength to primary dentin. Oznurhan F, Ozturk C, Ekci ES. Niger J Clin Pract. 2015 May-Jun