|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|(2N) 99% Cesium Oxalate||CS-OXL-02||Request Quote|
|(3N) 99.9% Cesium Oxalate||CS-OXL-03||Request Quote|
|(4N) 99.99% Cesium Oxalate||CS-OXL-04||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Cesium Oxalate||CS-OXL-05||Request Quote|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Density||Exact Mass||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|C2Cs2O4||353.83||White powder||N/A||N/A||N/A||353.790562||353.790558 Da||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Cesium Oxalate is highly insoluble in water and converts to the oxide when heated (calcined). Cesium Oxalate is generally immediately available in most volumes. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Cesium or Caesium (atomic symbol: Ce, atomic number: 55) is a Block S, Group 1, Period 6 element with an atomic weight of 132.9054519. The number of electrons in each of Cesium's shells is 2, 8, 18, 18, 8, 1 and its electron configuration is [Xe] 6s1. The cesium atom has a radius of 265 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 343 pm. Cesium is a member of the alkali group of metals. It is one of three metals that occur as a liquid at room temperature, the others being mercury and gallium. Cesium's main commercial source is pollucite ore; however, it is also found in beryl, avogadrite, pezzottaite, and londonite. Cesium was discovered by Robert Bunsen and Gustav Kirchhoff in 1860 and first isolated by Carl Setterberg in 1882. In its elemental form, cesium has a silvery gold appearance. The word Cesium originates from the Latin word "caesius," meaning "sky blue," which refers to the vibrant blue lines in its spectrum. For more information on cesium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of cesium products, visit the Cesium element page.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Transport Information||UN 2923 8/PG 3|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|CESIUM OXALATE SYNONYMS|
|Oxalic acid cesium salt, Dicesium oxalate, Dicaesium oxalate, Caesium ethanedioate|
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Cesium
- Cesium-catalyzed regioselective synthesis of trisubstituted heteroatom alkenes: a new strategy for the preparation of functional alkenes.. Chen J, Tang Z, Qiu R, He Y, Wang X, Li N, Yi H, Au CT, Yin SF, Xu X.. Org Lett. 2015 May 1
- Quantifying annual internal effective 137Cesium dose utilizing direct body-burden measurement and ecological dose modeling.. Jelin BA, Sun W, Kravets A, Naboka M, Stepanova EI, Vdovenko VY, Karmaus WJ, Lichosherstov A, Svendsen ER.. J Expo Sci Environ Epidemiol. 2015 Mar 11.
- (P093) Cesium-131 Brachytherapy in High-Risk and Recurrent Head and Neck (HN) Cancers: Long-Term Results of a Pilot Study.. [No authors listed]. Oncology (Williston Park). 2015 Apr 21
- Experimental investigation on a diode-pumped cesium-vapor laser stably operated at continuous-wave and pulse regime.. Chen F, Xu D, Gao F, Zheng C, Zhang K, He Y, Wang C, Guo J.. Opt Express. 2015 May 4
- Observation of microporous cesium salts of 12-tungstosilicic acid using scanning transmission electron microscopy.. Hiyoshi N, Kamiya Y.. Chem Commun (Camb). 2015 May 22.
- Distribution of radioactive cesium ((134)Cs plus (137)Cs) in rice fractions during Polishing and cooking.. Hachinohe M, Okunishi T, Hagiwara S, Todoriki S, Kawamoto S, Hamamatsu S.. J Food Prot. 2015 Mar
- Facile Synthesis of Prussian Blue Derivate-Modified Mesoporous Material via Photo-Initiated Thiol-Ene Click Reaction for Cesium Adsorption.. Qian J, Ma J, He W, Hua D.. Chem Asian J. 2015 May 12.
- Synthesis, characterization and application of titanium oxide nanocomposites for removal of radioactive cesium, cobalt and europium ions. Borai EH, Breky MM, Sayed MS, Abo-Aly MM. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2015 Mar 7: J Colloid Interface Sci
- Neurobehavioral effects of concurrent exposure to cesium-137 and paraquat during neonatal development in mice. Heredia L, Bellés M, Llovet MI, Domingo JL, Linares V. Toxicology. 2015 Mar 2: Toxicology
- A long-term stability study of Prussian blue: A quality assessment of water content and cesium binding. Mohammad A, Yang Y, Khan MA, Faustino PJ. J Pharm Biomed Anal. 2014 Nov 6
Recent Research & Development for Oxalates
- Synthesis of water-dispersible silver nanoparticles by thermal decomposition of water-soluble silver oxalate precursors.. Togashi T, Saito K, Matsuda Y, Sato I, Kon H, Uruma K, Ishizaki M, Kanaizuka K, Sakamoto M, Ohya N, Kurihara M.. J Nanosci Nanotechnol. 2014 Aug
- Re: Stewart et al.: stone size limits the use of hounsfield units for prediction of calcium oxalate stone composition (Urology 2015;85:292-295).. Williams JC Jr.. Urology. 2015 Apr
- Extraction and estimation of the quantity of calcium oxalate crystals in the foliage of conifer and hardwood trees.. Minocha R, Chamberlain B, Long S, Turlapati SA, Quigley G.. Tree Physiol. 2015 May 1.
- Associations of diet and breed with recurrence of calcium oxalate cystic calculi in dogs.. Allen HS, Swecker WS, Becvarova I, Weeth LP, Werre SR.. J Am Vet Med Assoc. 2015 May 15
- Involvement of renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system in calcium oxalate crystal induced activation of NADPH oxidase and renal cell injury.. Tsuji H, Wang W, Sunil J, Shimizu N, Yoshimura K, Uemura H, Peck AB, Khan SR.. World J Urol. 2015 May 17.
- Efficacy of mixtures of magnesium, citrate and phytate as calcium oxalate crystallization inhibitors in urine.. Grases F, Rodriguez A, Costa-Bauza A.. J Urol. 2015 Mar 25.
- Endoscopic and histologic findings in a cohort of uric Acid and calcium oxalate stone formers. Viers BR, Lieske JC, Vrtiska TJ, Herrera Hernandez LP, Vaughan LE, Mehta RA, Bergstralh EJ, Rule AD, Holmes DR 3rd, Krambeck AE. Urology. 2015 Apr: Urology
- Solvent-free synthesis of new inorganic-organic hybrid solids with finely tuned manganese oxalate structures. Luan L, Li J, Yin C, Lin Z, Huang H. Dalton Trans. 2015 Mar 17: Dalton Trans
- Efficacy of mixtures of magnesium, citrate and phytate as calcium oxalate crystallization inhibitors in urine. Grases F, Rodriguez A, Costa-Bauza A. J Urol. 2015 Mar 25.: J Urol
- Fasudil prevents calcium oxalate crystal deposit and renal fibrogenesis in glyoxylate-induced nephrolithic mice. Hu H, Chen W, Ding J, Jia M, Yin J, Guo Z. Exp Mol Pathol. 2015 Apr: Exp Mol Pathol
- Aggregation of Calcium Phosphate and Oxalate Phases in the Formation of Renal Stones. Xie B, Halter TJ, Borah BM, Nancollas GH. Cryst Growth Des. 2015 Jan 7