|Product||Product Code||Order or Specifications|
|(2N) 99% Silver Nickel||AG-NI-02|
|(3N) 99.9% Silver Nickel||AG-NI-03|
|(4N) 99.99% Silver Nickel||AG-NI-04|
|(5N) 99.999% Silver Nickel||AG-NI-05|
Silver Nickel is generally immediately available in most volumes. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopeia/British Pharmacopeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Silver (atomic symbol: Ag, atomic number: 47) is a Block D, Group 11, Period 5 element with an atomic weight of 107.8682. The number of electrons in each of Silver's shells is 2, 8, 18, 18, 1 and its electron configuration is [Kr]4d10 5s1. The silver atom has a radius of 144 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 203 pm. Silver was first discovered by Early Man prior to 5000 BC. In its elemental form, silver has a brilliant white metallic luster. It is a little harder than gold and is very ductile and malleable, being exceeded only by gold and perhaps palladium. Pure silver has the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of all metals and possesses the lowest contact resistance. It is stable in pure air and water, but tarnishes when exposed to ozone, hydrogen sulfide, or air containing sulfur. It is found in copper, copper-nickel, lead, and lead-zinc ores among others. Silver was named after the Anglo-Saxon word "seolfor" or "siolfur," meaning 'silver'. For more information on silver, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of silver products, visit the Silver Information Center.
Nickel (atomic symbol: Ni, atomic number: 28) is a Block D, Group 4, Period 4 element with an atomic weight of 58.6934. The number of electrons in each of nickel's shells is [2, 8, 16, 2] and its electron configuration is [Ar]3d8 4s2. Nickel was first discovered by Alex Constedt in 1751. The nickel atom has a radius of 124 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 184 pm. In its elemental form, nickel has a lustrous metallic silver appearance. Nickel is a hard and ductile transition metal that is considered corrosion-resistant because of its slow rate of oxidation. It is one of four elements that are ferromagnetic and is used in the production of various type of magnets for commercial use. Nickel is sometimes found free in nature but is more commonly found in ores. The bulk of mined nickel comes from laterite and magmatic sulfide ores. The name originates from the German word "kupfernickel," which means "false copper" from the illusory copper color of the ore. For more information on nickel, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of nickel products, visit the Nickel Information Center.
CUSTOMERS FOR SILVER NICKEL HAVE ALSO LOOKED AT
|Show Me MORE Forms of Silver|
PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Silver
- Silver nanoparticle-specific mitotoxicity in Daphnia magna. Nanotoxicology. 2014 | first author:Stensberg MC
- Using gold nanorods core/silver shell nanostructures as model material to probe biodistribution and toxic effects of silver nanoparticles in mice. Nanotoxicology. 2014 | first author:Meng J
- The antibacterial effects of silver, titanium dioxide and silica dioxide nanoparticles compared to the dental disinfectant chlorhexidine on Streptococcus mutans using a… A Besinis, T De Peralta, RD Handy - Nanotoxicology, 2014 - informahealthcare.com
- Inhibition of biofilm formation and antibacterial properties of a silver nano-coating on human dentine. Nanotoxicology. 2014 | first author:Besinis A
- Systematic analysis of silver nanoparticle ionic dissolution by tangential flow filtration: toxicological implications. Nanotoxicology. 2014 | first author:Maurer EI
- Analytically monitored digestion of silver nanoparticles and their toxicity on human intestinal cells. Nanotoxicology. 2014 | first author:Böhmert L
- Phenylboronic acid modified silver nanoparticles for colorimetric dynamic analysis of glucose. Cao K, Jiang X, Yan S, Zhang L, Wu W. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 Feb.
- In vitro toxicity assessment of silver nanoparticles in the presence of phenolic compounds - preventive agents against the harmful effect? Nanotoxicology. 2014 | first author:Martirosyan A
- Combined repeated-dose toxicity study of silver nanoparticles with the reproduction/developmental toxicity screening test. Nanotoxicology. 2014 | first author:Hong JS
- Assessment of orally dosed commercial silver nanoparticles on human ex vivo platelet aggregation. Nanotoxicology. 2014 | first author:Smock KJ
- Synthesis, characterization and SERS activity of biosynthesized silver nanoparticles. Bindhu MR, Sathe V, Umadevi M. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2013 Nov.
- Bioaccumulation of silver nanoparticles into Daphnia magna from a freshwater algal diet and the impact of phosphate availability. Nanotoxicology. 2014 | first author:McTeer J
- Physicochemical properties of gelatin/silver nanoparticle antimicrobial composite films. Kanmani P, Rhim JW. Food Chem. 2014 Apr.
- Formation and characterization of silver nanoparticles in aqueous solution via ultrasonic irradiation. He C, Liu L, Fang Z, Li J, Guo J, Wei J. Ultrason Sonochem. 2014 Mar.
- Nanogold/mesoporous carbon foam-mediated silver enhancement for graphene-enhanced electrochemical immunosensing of carcinoembryonic antigen. Lin D, Wu J, Ju H, Yan F. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014.
- A novel luminol chemiluminescent method catalyzed by silver/gold alloy nanoparticles for determination of anticancer drug flutamide.
- DNA-templated silver nanoclusters based label-free fluorescent molecular beacon for the detection of adenosine deaminase. Zhang K, Wang K, Xie M, Zhu X, Xu L, Yang R, Huang B, Zhu X. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 Feb.
- Graphene oxide as nanogold carrier for ultrasensitive electrochemical immunoassay of Shewanella oneidensis with silver enhancement strategy. Wen J, Zhou S, Yuan Y. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 Feb.
- Antimicrobial wound dressing nanofiber mats from multicomponent (chitosan/silver-NPs/polyvinyl alcohol) systems. Abdelgawad AM, Hudson SM, Rojas OJ. Carbohydr Polym. 2014 Jan.
- Biosynthesis of silver nanoparticle from leaf extract of Desmodium gangeticum (L.) DC. and its biomedical potential. Thirunavoukkarasu M, Balaji U, Behera S, Panda PK, Mishra BK. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc.
Recent Research & Development for Nickel
- Efficacy of reducing agent and surfactant contacting pattern on the performance characteristics of nickel electroless plating baths coupled with and without ultrasound. Agarwal A, Pujari M, Uppaluri R, Verma A. Ultrason Sonochem. 2014.
- One-step electrodeposition of graphene loaded nickel oxides nanoparticles for acetaminophen detection. Liu GT, Chen HF, Lin GM, Ye PP, Wang XP, Jiao YZ, Guo XY, Wen Y, Yang HF. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014.
- Nickel oxide hollow microsphere for non-enzyme glucose detection. Ci S, Huang T, Wen Z, Cui S, Mao S, Steeber DA, Chen J. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 Apr.
- Electrocatalysis and electroanalysis of nickel, its oxides, hydroxides and oxyhydroxides toward small molecules. Miao Y, Ouyang L, Zhou S, Xu L, Yang Z, Xiao M, Ouyang R. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 Mar.
- Halo-substituted thiosemicarbazones and their copper(II), nickel(II) complexes: Detailed spectroscopic characterization and study of antitumour activity against HepG2 human hepatoblastoma cells. Jagadeesh M, Kalangi SK, Sivarama Krishna L, Reddy AV. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2014
- Low elastic modulus titanium-nickel scaffolds for bone implants. Li J, Yang H, Wang H, Ruan J. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2014 Jan
- Platelet-like nickel hydroxide: Synthesis and the transferring to nickel oxide as a gas sensor. Zhu G, Xu H, Liu Y, Xi C, Yang J, Shen X, Zhu J, Yang J. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2013 Dec.
- Direct electrochemistry and electrocatalysis of heme proteins immobilised in carbon-coated nickel magnetic nanoparticle-chitosan-dimethylformamide composite films in room-temperature ionic liquids. Bioelectrochemistry. 2013 | first author:Wang T
- Influence of the microstructure on electrochemical corrosion and nickel release in NiTi orthodontic archwires. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2013 create date:2013/10/08 | first author:BriceÃ±o J
- Nickel analysis in real samples by Ni(2+) selective PVC membrane electrode based on a new Schiff base. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2013 create date:2013/10/08 | first author:Tomar PK
- Preparation of biomorphic porous calcium titanate and its application for preconcentration of nickel in water and food samples. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2013 create date:2013/10/08 | first author:Zhang D
- Functionalization of nickel nanowires with a fluorophore aiming at new probes for multimodal bioanalysis. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2013 create date:2013/09/04 | first author:Pinheiro PC
- Ambient arylmagnesiation of alkynes catalysed by ligandless nickel(ii). Chem Commun (Camb). 2013 create date:2013/09/21 | first author:Xue F
- Dietary nickel chloride restrains the development of small intestine in broilers. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2013 create date:2013/08/21 | first author:Wu BSynthesis, characterization and structural determination of some nickel(II) complexes containing imido Schiff bases and substituted phosphine ligands. Kianfar AH, Ebrahimi M. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2013 Nov
- An electrochemical acetylcholine sensor based on lichen-like nickel oxide nanostructure. Sattarahmady N, Heli H, Vais RD. Biosens Bioelectron. 2013 Oct 15.
- Synthesis of HPMC stabilized nickel nanoparticles and investigation of their magnetic and catalytic properties. Maity D, Mollick MM, Mondal D, Bhowmick B, Neogi SK, Banerjee A, Chattopadhyay S, Bandyopadhyay S, Chattopadhyay D. Carbohydr Polym. 2013 Oct 15.
- Nickel(iii) complexes of di-amidato-di-phenolato ligands: effect of H-bonding. Eckshtain-Levi M, Orio M, Lavi R, Benisvy L. Dalton Trans. 2013 Oct.
- Borate-templated self-assembly of multinuclear nickel(ii)-containing POMs. Li S, Liu S, Tang Q, Liu Y, He D, Wang S, Shi Z. Dalton Trans. 2013 Oct 7.
- Nickel(ii) in chelate N2O2 environment. DFT approach and in-depth molecular orbital and configurational analysis. Trifunovic SR, Miletic VD, Jevtic VV, Meetsma A, Matovic ZD. Dalton Trans. 2013 Oct.
- Correlation between endodontic broken instrument and nickel level in urine. Saghiri MA, Sheibani N, Garcia-Godoy F, Asatourian A, Mehriar P, Scarbecz M. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2013.
- A review on nickel-free nitrogen containing austenitic stainless steels for biomedical applications. Talha M, Behera CK, Sinha OP. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2013.