High Purity Au Foil
|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|(2N) 99% Gold Foil||AU-M-02-F||Request Quote|
|(2N5) 99.5% Gold Foil||AU-M-025-F||Request Quote|
|(3N) 99.9% Gold Foil||AU-M-03-F||Request Quote|
|(3N5) 99.95% Gold Foil||AU-M-035-F||Request Quote|
|(4N) 99.99% Gold Foil||AU-M-04-F||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Gold Foil||AU-M-05-F||Request Quote|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Density||Tensile Strength||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Thermal Conductivity||Electrical Resistivity||Eletronegativity||Specific Heat||Heat of Vaporization||Heat of Fusion||MSDS|
|196.97||N/A||19.3 gm/cc||N/A||1064.43°C||3080°C||3.18 W/cm/K @ 298.2 K||2.214 microhm-cm @ 20°C||2.4 Paulings||0.308 Cal/g/K @ 25°C||81.8 K-Cal/gm atom at 3080°C||3.03 Cal/gm mole||Safety Data Sheet|
American Elements specializes in producing Gold High Purity Foil and sheets in many thicknesses and sizes for numerous industrial uses. Most foils are produced from cast Ingots for use in coating and thin film Chemical Vapor Deposition (CVD) and Physical Vapor Deposition (PVD) processes including Thermal and Electron Beam (E-Beam) Evaporation, Low Temperature Organic Evaporation, Atomic Layer Deposition (ALD), Organometallic and Chemical Vapor Deposition (MOCVD) for specific applications such as fuel cells and solar energy. Thickness can range from 0.003" to approximately 2mm for all metals. Some metals can also be rolled down as thin as 0.001” for use as an evaporation source in microelectronics, optics, magnetics, MEMS, and hard resistant coatings. Piece sizes are available up to approximately 7" maximum width. Maximum lengths of about 20" can be obtained with a nominal thickness between about 0.005" and 0.020" for thin film deposition on glass or metal substrates. Materials are produced using crystallization, solid state and other ultra high purification processes such as sublimation. American Elements specializes in producing custom compositions for commercial and research applications and for new proprietary technologies. American Elements also casts any of the rare earth metals and most other advanced materials into rod, bar or plate form, as well as other machined shapes and through other processes such as nanoparticles and in the form of solutions and organometallics. We also produce Gold as rods, powder and plates. Other shapes are available by request.
Gold (atomic symbol: Au, atomic number: 79) is a Block D, Group 11, Period 6 element with an atomic weight of 196.966569. The number of electrons in each of Gold's shells is 2, 8, 18, 32, 18, 1 and its electron configuration is [Xe] 4f142 5d10 6s1. The gold atom has a radius of 144 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 217 pm. Gold was first discovered by Early Man prior to 6000 B.C. In its elemental form, gold has a metallic yellow appearance. Gold is a soft metal and is usually alloyed to give it more strength. It is a good conductor of heat and electricity, and is unaffected by air and most reagents. It is one of the least reactive chemical elements. Gold is often found as a free element and with silver as a gold silver alloy. Less commonly, it is found in minerals as gold compounds, usually with tellurium. For more information on gold, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of gold products, visit the Gold element page.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|CUSTOMERS FOR GOLD FOIL HAVE ALSO LOOKED AT|
|Gold Powder||Gold Nanoparticles||Gold Metal||Gold Sheet||Gold Nitrate|
|Gold Acetate||Tin Gold Alloy||Gold Foil||Gold Chloride||Copper Gold Nickel Alloy|
|Gold Sputtering Target||Gold Oxide Pellets||Gold Pellets||Gold Fluoride||Gold Bar|
|Show Me MORE Forms of Gold|
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Gold
- Single nucleotide polymorphism detection using gold nanoprobes and bio-microfluidic platform with embedded microlenses. Bernacka-Wojcik I, Águas H, Carlos FF, Lopes P, Wojcik PJ, Costa MN, Veigas B, Igreja R, Fortunato E, Baptista PV, Martins R. Biotechnol Bioeng. 2015 Mar 10.
- Multifunctional Dendrimer-Entrapped Gold Nanoparticles Modified with RGD Peptide for Targeted CT/MR Dual Modal Imaging of Tumors. Chen Q, Wang H, Liu H, Wen S, Peng C, Shen M, Zhang G, Shi X. Anal Chem. 2015 Mar 13.
- Site-specific immobilization of protein layers on gold surfaces via orthogonal sortases. Raeeszadeh-Sarmazdeh M, Parthasarathy R, Boder ET. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2015 Mar 1.
- Magnetic moments of chromium-doped gold clusters: the anderson impurity model in finite systems. Hirsch K, Zamudio-Bayer V, Langenberg A, Niemeyer M, Langbehn B, Möller T, Terasaki A, Issendorff BV, Lau JT. Phys Rev Lett. 2015 Feb 27
- Comparison of cold knife cone biopsy and loop electrosurgical excision procedure in the management of cervical adenocarcinoma in situ: What is the gold standard? Munro A, Leung Y, Spilsbury K, Stewart CJ, Semmens J, Codde J, Williams V, O'Leary P, Steel N, Cohen P. Gynecol Oncol. 2015 Mar 10.
- A novel amperometric biosensor based on gold nanoparticles anchored on reduced graphene oxide for sensitive detection of l-lactate tumor biomarker. Azzouzi S, Rotariu L, Benito AM, Maser WK, Ben Ali M, Bala C. Biosens Bioelectron. 2015 Mar 7
- Photosensitivity of Neurons Enabled by Cell-Targeted Gold Nanoparticles. Carvalho-de-Souza JL, Treger JS, Dang B, Kent SB, Pepperberg DR, Bezanilla F. Neuron. 2015 Mar 11.
- Self-assembly of indole-2-carboxylic acid at graphite and gold surfaces. De Marchi F, Cui D, Lipton-Duffin J, Santato C, MacLeod JM, Rosei F. J Chem Phys. 2015 Mar 14
- Bottom-up formation of robustgold carbide. Westenfelder B, Biskupek J, Meyer JC, Kurasch S, Lin X, Scholz F, Gross A, Kaiser U. Sci Rep. 2015 Mar 16
- New tool for biological dosimetry: Reevaluation and automation of the gold standard method following telomere and centromere staining. M'kacher R, Maalouf EE, Ricoul M, Heidingsfelder L, Laplagne E, Cuceu C, Hempel WM, Colicchio B, Dieterlen A, Sabatier L. Mutat Res. 2014 Dec
- Sub-Parts Per Million NO2 Chemi-Transistor Sensors Based on Composite Porous Silicon/Gold Nanostructures Prepared by Metal-Assisted Etching. Sainato M, Strambini LM, Rella S, Mazzotta E, Barillaro G. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 Mar 16.
- The development of a green approach for the biosynthesis of silver and gold nanoparticles by using Panax ginseng root extract, and their biological applications. Singh P, Kim YJ, Wang C, Mathiyalagan R, Yang DC. Artif Cells Nanomed Biotechnol. 2015 Mar 14:1-8.
- Functionalisation of hollow gold nanospheres for use as stable, red-shifted SERS nanotags. Moreton S, Faulds K, Shand NC, Bedics MA, Detty MR, Graham D. Nanoscale. 2015 Mar 13.
- Formation and Optical Properties of Fluorescent Gold Nanoparticles Obtained by Matrix Sputtering Method with Volatile Mercaptan Molecules in the Vacuum Chamber and Consideration of Their Structures. Sumi T, Motono S, Ishida Y, Shirahata N, Yonezawa T. Langmuir. 2015 Mar 15.
- Theranostic Radiopharmaceuticals Based on Gold Nanoparticles Labeled with 177Lu and Conjugated to Peptides. Ferro-Flores G, Ocampo-García BE, Santos-Cuevas CL, María Ramírez F, Azorín-Vega EP, Meléndez-Alafort L. Curr Radiopharm. 2015 Mar 13.
- Detection of dopamine on a mercapto-terminated hexanuclear Fe(III) cluster modified gold electrode. Gu X, Jiang G, Jiang G, Chen T, Zhan W, Li X, Wu S, Tian S. Talanta. 2015 May
- Surface modification-induced phase transformation of hexagonal close-packed gold square sheets. Fan Z, Huang X, Han Y, Bosman M, Wang Q, Zhu Y, Liu Q, Li B, Zeng Z, Wu J, Shi W, Li S, Gan CL, Zhang H. Nat Commun. 2015 Mar 13
- Gold Standard in Anticoagulation Assessment of Left Ventricular Assist Device Patients?: How About Bronze. Stehlik J, Johnson SA, Selzman CH. JACC Heart Fail. 2015 Mar 3.
- A plasmonic nanosensor for lipase activity based on enzyme-controlled gold nanoparticles growth in situ. Tang Y, Zhang W, Liu J, Zhang L, Huang W, Huo F, Tian D. Nanoscale. 2015 Mar 13.
- Hybrid Paclitaxel and Gold Nanorod-Loaded Human Serum Albumin Nanoparticles for Simultaneous Chemotherapeutic and Photothermal Therapy on 4T1 Breast Cancer Cells. Peralta DV, Heidari Z, Dash S, Tarr MA. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 Mar 13.