|Product||Product Code||Order or Specifications|
|(2N) 99% Silver Arsenate||AG-ASO-02|
|(3N) 99.9% Silver Arsenate||AG-ASO-03|
|(4N) 99.99% Silver Arsenate||AG-ASO-04|
|(5N) 99.999% Silver Arsenate||AG-ASO-05|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Density||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|Ag3AsO4||462.52||Powder/Lumps||N/A||459.616547||459.616547 Da||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Silver Arsenate is generally immediately available in most volumes. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. Arsenate compounds contain the arsenate ion, AsO43-, and are moderately oxidizing salts or esters of arsenic acid that are typically very toxic. Arsenates are used in some wood preservatives, finishing agents, and as reagents in various chemical reactions. Recently, researchers from the University of Southampton and the University of Bath combined Barium Hydroxide and Arsenate to create a novel lightweight, structurally complex set of nanoporous zeotype structures that may be beneficial for hydrogen storage and other industrial applications that require nanoporous materials. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia)and follows applicable ASTM testing standards.Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Silver (atomic symbol: Ag, atomic number: 47) is a Block D, Group 11, Period 5 element with an atomic weight of 107.8682. The number of electrons in each of Silver's shells is 2, 8, 18, 18, 1 and its electron configuration is [Kr]4d10 5s1. The silver atom has a radius of 144 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 203 pm. Silver was first discovered by Early Man prior to 5000 BC. In its elemental form, silver has a brilliant white metallic luster. It is a little harder than gold and is very ductile and malleable, being exceeded only by gold and perhaps palladium. Pure silver has the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of all metals and possesses the lowest contact resistance. It is stable in pure air and water, but tarnishes when exposed to ozone, hydrogen sulfide, or air containing sulfur. It is found in copper, copper-nickel, lead, and lead-zinc ores among others. Silver was named after the Anglo-Saxon word "seolfor" or "siolfur," meaning 'silver'. For more information on silver, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of silver products, visit the Silver Information Center.
Arsenic (atomic symbol: As, atomic number: 33) is a Block P, Group 15, Period 4 element with an atomic radius of 74.92160. The number of electrons in each of arsenic's shells is 2, 8, 18, 5 and its electron configuration is [Ar] 3d10 4s2 4p3. The arsenic atom has a radius of 119 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 185 pm. Arsenic was discovered in the early Bronze Age, circa 2500 BC. It was first isolated by Albertus Magnus in 1250 AD. In its elemental form, arsenic is a metallic grey, brittle, crystalline, semimetallic solid. Arsenic is found in numerous minerals including arsenolite (As2O3), arsenopyrite (FeAsS), loellingite (FeAs2), orpiment (As2S3), and realgar (As4S4). Arsenic has numerous applications as a semiconductor and other electronic applications as indium arsenide, silicon arsenide and tin arsenide. Arsenic is finding increasing uses as a doping agent in solid-state devices such as transistors. For more information on arsenic, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of arsenic products, visit the Arsenic Information Center.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Hazard Codes||T, N|
|Transport Information||UN 1557 6.1/PG 2|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|SILVER ARSENATE SYNONYMS|
|Trisilver(1+) arsenate, Trisilver arsorate, Arsenic acid (H3AsO4), trisilver(1+) salt, trisilver arsenate|
CUSTOMERS FOR SILVER ARSENATE HAVE ALSO LOOKED AT
|Show Me MORE Forms of Silver|
PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Silver
- Phenylboronic acid modified silver nanoparticles for colorimetric dynamic analysis of glucose. Cao K, Jiang X, Yan S, Zhang L, Wu W. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 Feb 15.
- Nanogold/mesoporous carbon foam-mediated silver enhancement for graphene-enhanced electrochemical immunosensing of carcinoembryonic antigen. Lin D, Wu J, Ju H, Yan F. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 Feb 15.
- DNA-templated silver nanoclusters based label-free fluorescent molecular beacon for the detection of adenosine deaminase. Zhang K, Wang K, Xie M, Zhu X, Xu L, Yang R, Huang B, Zhu X. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 Feb 15.
- Synthesis, characterization and SERS activity of biosynthesized silver nanoparticles. Bindhu MR, Sathe V, Umadevi M. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2013 Nov 11
- Graphene oxide as nanogold carrier for ultrasensitive electrochemical immunoassay of Shewanella oneidensis with silver enhancement strategy. Wen J, Zhou S, Yuan Y. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 Feb 15
- Antimicrobial wound dressing nanofiber mats from multicomponent (chitosan/silver-NPs/polyvinyl alcohol) systems. Abdelgawad AM, Hudson SM, Rojas OJ. Carbohydr Polym. 2014 Jan 16
- A label-free DNA-templated silver nanocluster probe for fluorescence on-off detection of endonuclease activity and inhibition. Qian Y, Zhang Y, Lu L, Cai Y. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 Jan 15
- Surface molecular imprinting onto silver microspheres for surface enhanc 24 June 2013ed Raman scattering applications. Biosens Bioelectron. 2013 Dec 15
- Szydlowska-Czerniak A, Tulodziecka A. Comparison of a silver nanoparticle-based method and the modified spectrophotometric methods for assessing antioxidant capacity of rapeseed varieties. Food Chem. 2013 Dec
- Synthesis, characterization and optical properties of gelatin doped with silver nanoparticles. Mahmoud KH, Abbo M. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2013 Dec
- A novel luminol chemiluminescent method catalyzed by silver/gold alloy nanoparticles for determination of anticancer drug flutamide.
Chaichi MJ, Azizi SN, Heidarpour M. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2013 Dec
- Extracellular synthesis of mycogenic silver nanoparticles by Cylindrocladium floridanum and its homogeneous catalytic degradation of 4-nitrophenol.
Narayanan KB, Park HH, Sakthivel N. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2013 De
- Biosynthesis of silver nanoparticle from leaf extract of Desmodium gangeticum (L.) DC. and its biomedical potential. Thirunavoukkarasu M, Balaji U, Behera S, Panda PK, Mishra BK. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2013 Dec
- Surface-enhanced Raman scattering and density functional theory study of 1,4-benzenedithiol and its silver complexes. Shao Y, Li C, Feng Y, Lin W. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2013 Dec
- Comparison of a silver nanoparticle-based method and the modified spectrophotometric methods for assessing antioxidant capacity of rapeseed varieties. Szydlowska-Czerniak A, Tulodziecka A. 2013 Dec 1
- A silver-palladium alloy nanoparticle-based electrochemical biosensor for simultaneous detection of ractopamine, clenbuterol and salbutamol. Wang H, Zhang Y, Li H, Du B, Ma H, Wu D, Wei Q. Biosens Bioelectron. 2013 Nov 15
- DNA stabilized silver nanoclusters for ratiometric and visual detection of Hg²? and its immobilization in hydrogels. MacLean JL, Morishita K, Liu J. Biosens Bioelectron. 2013 Oct 15
- Systemic and immunotoxicity of silver nanoparticles in an intravenous 28 days repeated dose toxicity study in rats. De Jong WH, Van Der Ven LT, Sleijffers A, Park MV, Jansen EH, Van Loveren H, Vandebriel RJ. 2013 Nov 3
- Green synthesis of silver nanoparticles from Gloriosa superba L. leaf extract and their catalytic activity. Ashokkumar S, Ravi S, Velmurugan S. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2013 Nov 11
- No evidence of the genotoxic potential of gold, silver, zinc oxide and titanium dioxide nanoparticles in the SOS chromotest. Nam SH, Kim SW, An YJ. 2013 Oct 3
Recent Research & Development for Arsenates
- Structural characterization and vibrational spectroscopy of the arsenate mineral wendwilsonite. Frost RL, Scholz R, López A, Belotti FM, Xi Y. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2014 Jan. Cytotoxic effects of polystyrene-titanium-arsenate composite in cultured h9c2 cardiomyoblasts. Mohammad F, Arfin T. Bull Environ Contam Toxicol. 2013 Dec 9
- Infrared and Raman spectroscopic characterization of the arsenate mineral ceruleite Cu2Al7(AsO4)4(OH)13 11.5(H2O). Frost RL, Lópes A, Scholz R, Xi Y. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2013 create date: 2013/08/27
- Effects of arsenate, chromate, and sulfate on arsenic and chromium uptake and translocation by arsenic hyperaccumulator Pteris vittata L. de Oliveira LM, Ma LQ, Santos JA, Guilherme LR, Lessl JT. Environ Pollut. 2013 create date:2013/09/24 | first author:de Oliveira LM
- Yeast protective response to arsenate involves the repression of the high affinity iron uptake system L Batista-Nascimento, MB Toledano, DJ Thiele… - … et Biophysica Acta (BBA …, 2013 - Elsevier. Arsenic is a double-edge sword...
- A novel arsenate reductase from the bacterium Thermus thermophilus HB27: Its role in arsenic detoxification. Del Giudice I, Limauro D, Pedone E, Bartolucci S, Fiorentino G. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013 create date:2013/06/27
- Fate of Arsenate Adsorbed on Nano-TiO(2) in the Presence of Sulfate Reducing Bacteria. Luo T, Tian H, Guo Z, Zhuang G, Jing C. Environ Sci Technol. 2013 create date:2013/09/11
- Remarkable efficiency of ultrafine superparamagnetic iron(III) oxide nanoparticles toward arsenate removal from aqueous environment. Kilianová M, Prucek R, Filip J, Kolařík J, Kvítek L, Panáček A, Tuček J, Zbořil R. Chemosphere. 2013 create date:2013/09/24
- Single and combined effects of cadmium and arsenate in Gammarus pulex (Crustacea, Amphipoda): Understanding the links between physiological and behavioural responses. Vellinger C, Gismondi E, Felten V, Rousselle P, Mehennaoui K, Parant M, Usseglio-Polatera P. Aquat Toxicol. 2013 Sep 15
- Identification of a possible respiratory arsenate reductase in Denitrovibrio acetiphilus, a member of the phylum Deferribacteres. Denton K, Atkinson MM, Borenstein SP, Carlson A, Carroll T, Cullity K, Demarsico C, Ellowitz D, Gialtouridis A, Gore R, Herleikson A, Ling AY, Martin R, McMahan K, Naksukpaiboon P, Seiz A, Yearwood K, O'Neill J, Wiatrowski H. Arch Microbiol. 2013 Sep 19
- Characterization of arsenate uptake by cultured primary rat astrocytes. Koehler Y, Dringen R. Neurochem Res. 2013 Sep 3
- Mineral nutrition and enzymatic adaptation induced by arsenate and arsenite exposure in lettuce plants. Gusman GS, Oliveira JA, Farnese FS, Cambraia J. Plant Physiol Biochem. 2013 Aug 22
- Fluorescence sensing of arsenate at nanomolar level in a greener way: naphthalene based probe for living cell imaging. Sahana A, Banerjee A, Lohar S, Panja S, Kanti Mukhopadhyay S, Sanmartín Matalobos J, Das D. Chem Commun (Camb). 2013 Aug 21
- Arsenate and cadmium co-adsorption and co-precipitation on goethite. Jiang W, Lv J, Luo L, Yang K, Lin Y, Hu F, Zhang J, Zhang S. J Hazard Mater. 2013 Aug 21
- The metabolic acclimation of Arabidopsis thaliana to arsenate is sensitized by the loss of mitochondrial LIPOAMIDE DEHYDROGENASE2, a key enzyme in oxidative metabolism. Chen W, Taylor NL, Chi Y, Millar AH, Lambers H, Finnegan PM. Plant Cell Environ. 2013 Aug 21.
- Effects of sodium arsenate exposure on liver fatty acid profiles and oxidative stress in rats. Kharroubi W, Dhibi M, Haouas Z, Chreif I, Neffati F, Hammami M, Sakly R. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2013 Aug 16.
- Amino-functionalized MCM-41 and MCM-48 for the removal of chromate and arsenate. Benhamou A, Basly JP, Baudu M, Derriche Z, Hamacha R. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2013 Aug 15
- WRKY6 Transcription Factor Restricts Arsenate Uptake and Transposon Activation in Arabidopsis. Castrillo G, Sánchez-Bermejo E, de Lorenzo L, Crevillén P, Fraile-Escanciano A, Tc M, Mouriz A, Catarecha P, Sobrino-Plata J, Olsson S, Leo Del Puerto Y, Mateos I, Rojo E, Hernández LE, Jarillo JA, Piñeiro M, Paz-Ares J, Leyva A. Plant Cell. 2013 Aug 13.
- Arsenic immobilization as alunite-type phases: The arsenate substitution in alunite and hydronium alunite. Sunyer A, Currubí M, Viñals J. J Hazard Mater. 2013 Aug 12
- Investigation of biochemical responses of Bacopa monnieri L. upon exposure to arsenate. Mishra S, Srivastava S, Dwivedi S, Tripathi RD. Environ Toxicol. 2013 Aug 28
- Coexistence of adsorption and coagulation processes of both arsenate and NOM from contaminated groundwater by nanocrystallined Mg/Al layered double hydroxides. Wu X, Tan X, Yang S, Wen T, Guo H, Wang X, Xu A. Water Res. 2013 Aug 1